wearecity's Content

There have been 1000 items by wearecity (Search limited from 30-April 14)

Sort by                Order  

#332073 Dark Layouts

Posted by wearecity on 24 June 2020 - 09:24 AM in MFME emulation section

You can have a go at lightening up or darkening a layout.

Open up the layout, press cntl E on the keyboard to go into design mode (or click on design then edit mode).

Then click on design and go to dx lamp creator.

You can then use the slider bars to brighten or dim the layout, the off image/background in particular is a quick way of doing that. Click on update, underneath the slider you've moved for it to apply.

It's always worth checking the layout in attract mode, to see what it now looks like. Sometimes it makes the lamps look horrible and jumpy or make the graininess stand out. In that case, you may wish to try the other sliders to get it looking better.

If you don't like what it's done and can't get it right or back to what it was, simply, close the layout and say no to saving. Of course if you like the change than hit yes.

Sometimes layouts are made dark because the pictures/flyer used are not great quality and/or quite grainy, so the darkness hides some of that.

It could also be done that way, because the layout designer, just wants to create that low light arcade/pub environment and make the lamps really stand out. I remember playing Blue Chip back in the day, in a lot of dark environments.

#331830 {Epoch}Global Games - A Knights Trail

Posted by wearecity on 28 May 2020 - 04:50 PM in Epoch

Thanks again, great to see a new designer.

#331806 Just bought my first fruity....

Posted by wearecity on 26 May 2020 - 08:21 AM in Any Topic Chat

Hi sorry can't help, but also sign up to https://www.fruitemu.co.uk/ib/

That site has a lot of collector of machines, many who do fixes and restoration of machines.

#331783 Can't download ROM's, get error message "You must wait xx seconds...

Posted by wearecity on 24 May 2020 - 09:25 AM in General FME Discussion

New members who do not donate, need to make a certain amount of posts, to be able to download. I believe it's about 30 posts.

This site is stagnant now and most of the fruit machine emulation action, takes place at www.desertislandfruits.com. New releases are mainly only available at desertisland and the latest emulator and updates to it, are only available there as well.

If you join on the other site, make sure you make an introductory post about yourself and machines you like etc.

Once again though download restrictions are in place, if you do not donate.

#331765 Download errors/invalid layout file

Posted by wearecity on 22 May 2020 - 01:31 PM in General FME Discussion

The problem with the downloads is what Dan1 said in the post 2

There is an issue with 'new members' downloading from this website, you need to post enough times for your account to change from new member to regular (for me it was 30 posts). 

You currently have 4 posts, until you either post more or donate, you won't be able to download. Once you get to the required amount of posts, you will get limited downloads only, unless you donate.

#331696 Gold Strike £70

Posted by wearecity on 17 May 2020 - 06:22 PM in MFME emulation section

You never attached the picture of the machine to see what it looks like.

By the way Meme, I did a layout for the QPS machine, Cash Raider, with the roms you uploaded to DIF when you were a member.

I did thank you in the release post and in the layout notes. I would send you it, but unfortunately it's done in v19.8 and you don't have that emulator.

Here's a pic anyway.

Attached Thumbnails

• cashraider_1.jpg.5d6b383e993ce4cae8c031b2cdd6b65e.jpg

#331568 Flash The Cash Harry BGT Lo Tech

Posted by wearecity on 10 May 2020 - 09:44 PM in General FME Discussion

No, nor has Max A Million.

I don't believe the tech they run on is emulated.

#331562 MFME 10.1 Cashraker 1024 (QPS)

Posted by wearecity on 10 May 2020 - 07:35 PM in Forthcoming Releases

https://www.fruit-em...r-1024-classic/

This is running the £25 jackpot.

#331533 Mazooma Some Like It Hot DX

Posted by wearecity on 08 May 2020 - 05:36 PM in Any Topic Chat

You've got an account over at DIF and have donated, judging by previous posts, so just download the classic that Reg did and copy the sound roms to the folder you have the DX installed to.

https://www.desertis...me-like-it-hot/

It will be a .bin file, the hi lo files are the program roms.

If you need to add the sound roms to the layout or change any wrong ones used.

1/Load the layout

2 /Click on Design, edit mode, then again click on design and choose rom loader from the drop down.

3/ Press stop if you have to.

4/ Then where it says sound roms click clear if wrong roms are showing or click load and browse to the sound roms.

5/ Then click start

Save the layout the next time you are prompted to.

#331464 Can you help?

Posted by wearecity on 02 May 2020 - 10:00 AM in General FME Discussion

Who is the Download issue affecting....

Newer non paying members - YES

Newer paying members - Not Sure

Older paying and other special privileged members (such as mods, layout producers) - NO

Older non paying members - Not Sure

I'm not fussed about non paying members receiving any downloads, whether they are new or old members. They need to join DIF and either put up with download restrictions, or make a small donation and get everything available and the support from us members.

I am fussed about anyone who is a paid member here, getting what they have paid for. If you've paid for a membership, via Paypal and not got downloads available to you within 48 hours, then you need to send a message to the person they have paid and inform them. If they get no response within a week, then they need to contact Paypal to get their money back.

#331443 HAPPY BIRTHDAY VECTRA 666

Posted by wearecity on 29 April 2020 - 06:34 PM in General FME Discussion

Happy Birthday Vecs

#331437 Newbie

Posted by wearecity on 29 April 2020 - 02:53 PM in EMULATOR Help & Advice

Going forward Desert Island Fruits is the place to be.

This place is largely stagnant now. With most new stuff, not being released here.

That's not to say, this isn't a valuable resource still.

Just make sure that you have v5.1 of the emulator to hand, to be able to load in much of the content here. Once loading into 5.1 and saved, it will auto load into v19.8 and beyond.

#331414 Scorpion 4 - Bellfruit: Dough Ho-Ho 25p/£25

Posted by wearecity on 28 April 2020 - 07:56 PM in New Releases

Thanks for this. Had a wee go last night. great layout. Just one question , this used to be dual stake did it not? 50p option. Unless it disabled on this version?

http://www.web160424...p_doughhoho.htm

Would suggest no.

Wasn't it the £35 jackpot, where 30p/50p, started to become the norm for these type of machines. It may have had a £35 upgrade I suppose.

This layout itself, can be changed to 30p play instead of 25p, but any change in jackpot amount or changing up to 50p and the machine gives a stake error.

#331400 "Invalid stream format"

Posted by wearecity on 27 April 2020 - 06:35 PM in General FME Discussion

I'm not up with WINE and Linux, but if you can run WIndows 10 through it, then you should be ok with v19.8.

However, if not and you can only run xp or 7, you can't use v19.8, which means you will be restricted to v5.1 and v6.1.

Anything produced before November 2016, will work in v5.1, albeit, some layouts may need things adjusting.

Anything released beyond November 2016 until December 2017 will work in V6.1.

Anything released after July 2019, will only work in V19 and the latest build of that is .8.

A lot of these errors are because layouts have been produced in later version. So for instance something created in v6.1 won't load in v5.1.

All higher numbers V9.4 and 10.1 are leaked buggy versions that were superseded by v5.0 and then v5.1, v6.0, v6.1 and then v19.

#331394 "Invalid stream format"

Posted by wearecity on 27 April 2020 - 02:36 PM in General FME Discussion

Sign up at www.desertislandfruits.com, where you can get the only two versions you need (if you have windows 10), v5.1 for older layouts  and v19.8 (the latest version) for newer layouts.

Any layout you load into v5.1 and saved, then automatically works in v19.8, so eventually you'll only need v19.8 and replace it with any updated versions released in the future.

#331357 Camelot DX's

Posted by wearecity on 25 April 2020 - 05:31 AM in Any Topic Chat

This one works in v19.8

It was originally produced for the JPM emulator JPEMU, but converted by someone years ago for MFME. It's since been converted further to work in modern MFME emulators. The layout is by Pook.

Attached Files

#331236 Some Emulators too big for screen

Posted by wearecity on 15 April 2020 - 10:27 PM in General FME Discussion

Hi sorry to but in, but what application do you open 5.1 in as it seems to either search the internet or use vlc, doesn't open like a normal mfme. Not sure how to convert the dat to fml, do you have to do them all individually? Thanks! 

v5.1 is the emulator, after unzipping it will be an .exe file. You are best getting the version over at Desertislandfruits.com.

To make a .fml file, you simply load the .dat layout into mfme v5.1 and then go to close it, it will say save yes or no, say yes and it will automatically create a .fml file, which can be used in the latest version v19. You'll need to do this for all .dat layout files, you want to play in v19.

if you're not a member over at www.desertislandfruits.com, sign up.

Make an introductory post about yourself and your fruit machine likes etc.... Over there you'll then be able to download v5.1 and v19 which is the latest version.

Donating at DIF is not compulsory, but you'll get restricted download access. Donating gets you full access to everything and support from people like me, who will appreciate the fact you have made a donation.

#331202 The Mob - MDM

Posted by wearecity on 13 April 2020 - 05:44 PM in New Releases

https://www.fruit-em...dms-the-mob-dx/

#331201 The Mob - MDM

Posted by wearecity on 13 April 2020 - 05:42 PM in New Releases

It has been redone for v6.

Are you using Windows 7 or 8, if you're on Windows 10, you should use MFME v19.8.

#331190 payment issue

Posted by wearecity on 13 April 2020 - 01:31 PM in Any Topic Chat

Everything ever released is at DIF... no point being anywhere else there and DADsFME.

Whilst I fully understand why this is in place at DIF "To prevent leeching, as mentioned before you will have to provide the rom files".

It's like receiving a toy with no batteries, when they are required. Here I can get unlimited batteries.

#331168 payment issue

Posted by wearecity on 13 April 2020 - 05:14 AM in Any Topic Chat

There's still plenty of older stuff here. But as Shooer says, donating and being validated may be an issue.

Most of the donators here are long term members.

My donation renews every year. I'm quite happy to support the site, because it's the easiest site to get older stuff from.

#331167 Beginner again!

Posted by wearecity on 13 April 2020 - 05:06 AM in General FME Discussion

MFME only works on Windows and is the only emulator nowadays needed and still in production.

If you have Windows 10 then use V19 if you have Windows 7 or 8 then V6.1 is the last version.

You can get both over at www.desertislandfruits.com

#331135 Wish I found this site sooner, Steve strikes again.

Posted by wearecity on 11 April 2020 - 08:43 AM in Real Fruit Machines

My advice join www.fruitemu.co.uk, which is the MPU Mecca.

Many more over their who have had dealing with this person.

But do still check back here, as I suspect there will be a few here who will have as well.

#331101 birthday in the house

Posted by wearecity on 09 April 2020 - 03:35 PM in Any Topic Chat

Happy Birthday BG, have a great one

#331054 Happy Birthday Geddy

Posted by wearecity on 05 April 2020 - 06:58 AM in Any Topic Chat

Happy Birthday Geddy, have a great one.

This  ;)