nails's Content

There have been 1000 items by nails (Search limited from 01-May 14)

Sort by                Order  

#258486 Video Based Bpak Files

Posted by nails on 24 September 2013 - 09:33 PM in Real Fruit Machines

I think I need to reimage or get a new HDD for my Rio Enhanced Cab :(

After trying to sort out the ALARM Code 16: MPU5 comms error I now get the PC blue screens.....Yikes :(

Or buy a new Rio Enhanced machine from Stu at Star Leisure :)

Stu offers an excellent service to all his customers, you may find a cabinet a bit cheaper elsewhere but star leisure's machines are in tip top condition - which will help you should you wish to resell.

dont f*ck with the HD unless you have the means to clone it. end of.

#274793 Video Based Bpak Files

Posted by nails on 13 October 2014 - 08:35 AM in Real Fruit Machines

the PC and the MPU6 are totally different units. The PC runs windows and the software needed to load and run the program. this works in tandem with the MPU6. what this does is takes care of the acceptors/slots and I/O. just like a real barcrest fruit machine but the PC take care of the screens whereas the MPU would have taken care of the reels.

updates generally speaking are security updates or patches to the existing code. one such update for the PC allowed the stacking of notes to be split between stake notes and stake excess notes (excess to your original float if you had a note recycler and you had say a £500 float to start you off). MPU updates could be acceptor firmware updates or tighter security on all peripherals  attached.

hope that helps

* press the demo button when your in demo to `speed up` the process !!

#282374 My Alzheimer's News

Posted by nails on 26 June 2015 - 04:36 PM in Any Topic Chat

thinking of you daryl

#240809 My Alzheimer's News

Posted by nails on 28 September 2012 - 10:03 PM in Any Topic Chat

just meant the parts about the cutbacks etc with the nhs and the government being total #@#@#@#s as usual

ive yet to meet any nurse or doctor that ist totally 100% commited to their job or their patients. sadly like every company there are targets and quota's to fill

#240789 My Alzheimer's News

Posted by nails on 28 September 2012 - 04:33 PM in Any Topic Chat

disgusting doesn't even come close to covering this... i wish you all the best Daryl, sincerely i do.

have i missed part of the thread?

#240767 My Alzheimer's News

Posted by nails on 27 September 2012 - 10:00 PM in Any Topic Chat

have you been watching on the news about the DNA research they have been doing? basically it was thought that 80% of the DNA was useless info and on 20% was relivant. turns out that the 80% is vital in finding out how we work, more specifically how we can pinpoint desease and quite literally cure it.

The possible permutations of DNA run into millions and millions, but its apparently been said that by now sifting through each individual pattern, they can come across (Alzheimer's/cancer/tumours/diabettes etc etc) and quite literally alter the DNA and produce a cure/block etc.

while the thought of cure for us all sounds fantastic, i do wonder what deseases could be actually made by playing with mother nature in the first place. that said cures for all the above and more definately get my vote.

#247341 Aristocrat MKV (aka Mark 5) added to MAME

Posted by nails on 03 February 2013 - 02:41 PM in General FME Discussion

over a year since last post.

#260470 Project Amber News

Posted by nails on 09 November 2013 - 07:51 AM in Project Amber

bravo!

#262311 Project Amber News

Posted by nails on 24 December 2013 - 07:27 PM in Project Amber

many thanks guitar x

#309674 Project Amber 10910

Posted by nails on 13 October 2017 - 12:15 PM in Project Amber

Guitar,

sorry to ask, what did you do with this project?  i do remember what happened etc. but that was a while back, did you at least finish it for yourself ?

Gary

#270920 Project Amber 10910

Posted by nails on 09 June 2014 - 09:29 PM in Project Amber

corking update. thank you

#271338 Project Amber 10910

Posted by nails on 23 June 2014 - 08:50 PM in Project Amber

is coding getting easier for you? the more you code you more you learn ?

#248494 Machines We'd Like To Have / Not Yet Emulated

Posted by nails on 02 March 2013 - 02:57 PM in General FME Discussion

bwb video would be a lovely trip down memory lane

#256866 Bit Of Fun Just Add 'the Next Sentence'

Posted by nails on 01 September 2013 - 09:48 PM in Any Topic Chat

burn the carpet, but that was ok because pilky..

#288253 Resources / Group Buys

Posted by nails on 14 May 2016 - 10:45 AM in General FME Discussion

Great idea.  However in my humble opinion people are more likely to chip in (especially with the scenes history, *cough PEno1 cough* etc etc) if the emulator is released FIRST.  The emulator (I know the reasons why) has been delayed dozens of times and dozens of self imposed deadlines have come and gone and people are getting a) impatient and b) disbelieving.

Get 'a' version of the emulator out, even if it's not perfect so people can have a fiddle and get used to it and then I'm sure the group buy cash and other positive actions will start to flood in!

ive got to second that. i really dont mind chipping in £20 for the cause, but we've not seen anything yet to prove its worth.

#253962 Project Amber - The Release Thread. (At Long Last)

Posted by nails on 12 July 2013 - 07:14 PM in Project Amber

stick me down for a tester m8

#253719 Project Amber - The Release Thread. (At Long Last)

Posted by nails on 06 July 2013 - 06:59 PM in Project Amber

last active june 30th 2013, so hes still alive.

when i spoke to him he was busy at his shop etc. looking back through the FME archives i can see hes put so much work into his projects.

good on him

#253872 Project Amber - The Release Thread. (At Long Last)

Posted by nails on 10 July 2013 - 06:04 PM in Project Amber

what sort of machines can we expect amber to run ?

#253727 Project Amber - The Release Thread. (At Long Last)

Posted by nails on 06 July 2013 - 08:17 PM in Project Amber

erm, well he did state that the other techs could be easily added in the future (and that scorpion5/epoch) were not priorities. (which IMHO were the techs that the masses wanted).

#313230 (Scratch Drawn) Homer's Meltdown DX

Posted by nails on 21 December 2017 - 09:15 AM in Forthcoming Releases

True, though I feel it has it's use in longevity for emulation alone too seeing as the samples used in many machines are heavily compressed and it would allow the use of uncompressed copies of the samples.

Many game emulators allow custom texture loading for this reason too (to increase texture resolutions).

Plus anything that encourages creativity and activity in an already relatively niche community is always a plus in my book.

I'd be interested in seeing "Fruit Vortex" :p!

Do you mean like a .mod extension like we see in say half life 2, where creators make alterations to the existing core game ?

#280450 SPLIT FROM Epoch Emulator - September 2014 Update

Posted by nails on 08 April 2015 - 09:11 AM in Epoch emulation discussion

what planet were you born on baker? its doesn't bother us if the emulator never gets released, its the fact that he carrot dangled just before xmas and then disappeared without a trace, not a text, email, reply or smoke signal.

your sick of the take take take? well f*** you. i emailed him just before xmas when i had some time on my hands and asked if there was anything i could do. i didnt ask for anything in return.

if he wants a week, month or gap year, that of course is his prerogative, but to `carrot dangle and foxtrott oscar` as a poor show and hes become somebody of the same ilk as wizard with his bag of rotten carrots.

if hes ill, personal problems etc. we ALL understand, but that small txt is all it takes to get people to be sympathetic and understanding, or darn right frustrated and think hes rude.

#280461 SPLIT FROM Epoch Emulator - September 2014 Update

Posted by nails on 08 April 2015 - 06:52 PM in Epoch emulation discussion

i guess if yourself, a tester, doesnt know the answer then nobody does.

its been suggested to me it was some kind of hoax that got out of control. i really could prove or disprove that. personally i dont think he will ever log on again (not under his own name), but like everybody else, i will and have - hope.

#280796 SPLIT FROM Epoch Emulator - September 2014 Update

Posted by nails on 24 April 2015 - 02:36 PM in Epoch emulation discussion

guess he wont as he doesn't log on :jimlad:

#280830 SPLIT FROM Epoch Emulator - September 2014 Update

Posted by nails on 25 April 2015 - 09:46 AM in Epoch emulation discussion

so there we have it then, KC is in love and about to get married and has no time for FME. I'm trying very hard to put myself in his shoes, would my personal life take president, would a marriage be more than writing some code to people who dont do X Y or Z?  well yes i guess.

would i have logged on and told them the scenario to perhaps ask for time or some understanding etc?   yes.

#280834 SPLIT FROM Epoch Emulator - September 2014 Update

Posted by nails on 25 April 2015 - 12:43 PM in Epoch emulation discussion

guitar always has achived fantastic results on different techs, i dont doubt his epoch ability. Geddy is right in respects of a huge amount of bellfruit stuff ready to go - so time will tell