• Submitted: Mar 25 2007 01:04 PM
  • Last Updated: Apr 30 2010 08:08 PM
  • File Size: 1.92MB
  • Views: 13032
  • Downloads: 3332

Download BFM Party Time 1280 DX

* * * * * 3 Votes

Screenshots
NOTE: BEST PLAYED ON MFME3.2 OTHERWISE REELS MAY BE OUT OF ALIGNMENT - EMULATION ISSUE. DO NOT USE MFME2.A pleasure once again to release a BFM layout for MFME.Here we have a 1280DX of Party Time, one of the most awesome streaking £6 machines ever released by BFM.If you have not played this machine before, you can be forgiven for not fully understanding just how ground breaking this machine was when released. Although at first glance it looks like your classic lower tech machine, few reel wins exchangeable for basic features, under the hood there is a lot more going on. Similar to ACE machines "Band-Aid", Party Time has hidden features awarded by lining up all main reels to the same position. So for example, if you can get all reel stops on stop 16, you are awarded hidden feature "JACKPOT"! Cleverly, you are not shown any guides on the real machine as to where these features are, and generally the first you will know about it is a slower reel spin followed by PARTY TIME on the dot matrix, and a feature being awarded.OK so no big deal you may be saying, except this machine takes it to extremes. As an example, it can spin one of the JACKPOT lines in, then spin another JACKPOT line in another four times on successive credits, so in effect you have won £30 tokens for just £1 in!This just scratches the surface of the hidden features, there is a lot to see and learn with this machine, and at times streaks will appear on top of each other for some huge payouts (for the day of course, relative to stake/prize).Sadly this type of machine didn't last long. Perhaps it was one of the Bacta rules about outcomes not being predetermined across credits, or obvious streaks, or maybe it was complaints from arcades about having to constantly refill tokens, who knows. All I do know is that thanks to the sterling efforts of mufcmufc, the roms and artwork were made available and I can now bring you a 1280 DX of a truely classic BFM streaker, one that until recently we were sure we may never see again.My personal experience of this machine was brief (but very intense), as it didn't last too long in the local arcade. Playing it for real, with real cash, it is a major adrenaline rush. As soon as that slow spin starts, it kicks in, and the heart pounds before pressing start to see if another JP follows. This machine really was first class amusement, a major buzz, fast paced and huge rewards possible. Having enjoyed this machine so much in real life, it is a pleasure to have the chance to bring you the DX.Supreme thanks go out from me to mufcmufc for providing the roms and resources to make this layout a reality. We have worked together closely for some time on this, and hopefully the result is worth it.As a bonus, the download contains three versions of the layout. These are TFT, CRT DARK and CRT LIGHT. Personally I run a dual monitor setup, with my trusty ADI Microscan CRT and a newer Samsung TFT. The differences in image are very noticeable, the TFT is far inferior to the quality of the CRT and has an almost insane level of brightness. This is not to say that the Samsung is poor by any means, it certainly isn't, just that no TFT can match a decent CRT as yet. So you have three versions of the layout to choose from, quite simply use the one that fits your particular monitor the best.Please note that there are known issues with this machine and how it works on different emulator revisions, please see the readme file within each version directory or the layout notes from within the emulator.Remember that you will also need roms for this machine, a copy needs to be placed in the directory of each version of this layout you are using. It is recommended that you download the roms from this site rather than the roms already released, as the naming is different. If you want to rename your existing roms, see the readme in the main directory for the rom names.I hope you enjoy this outstanding BFM machine. :)

I take it that you like this fruit. Never seen it before but i'll download it and give it a bash. I know that these emu's are hard work and I appreciate it.

Photo
CharlieRaymondo
Feb 27 2019 01:25 PM
I cannot seem to open this as it says it is not in a compressed zip. Had anyone done a combined layout and rom zip for this yet?
Photo
CharlieRaymondo
Jun 12 2019 07:49 PM

You may find that the high/lo reel is off. Go to design-edit mode-right click-properties. First column set Band Offset to -2(works for me) then apply-exit out of properties, choose design again then click edit mode. For those that don't know!! It think it was Vectra666 or Wearcity that taught me that(If I am not mistaken).

Thank you.

Other files you may be interested in ..

Random Files

42 user(s) are online (in the past 15 minutes)

0 members, 39 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1), Bing (2)