107 replies to this topic

#1 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 08:33 PM

Over on the mpu mecca,couldn't believe my eyes when i read it.
Hold the bells mate.

#2 johnp007

johnp007

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 08:47 PM

Just been over and read the thread, sounds very interesting. The thread is currently "locked"? I wanted to post to see if Jeeves would be up for sharing his new/improved tech emulation code with MAME...

Scene is alive and well :)

#3 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 11 September 2016 - 08:49 PM

yep looks to good to be true, lets hope we don't drive this opportunity away like the last emulator discussion as this release is just what Fme needs right now.

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#4 Magz

Magz

• Regulars
  • 887 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 08:55 PM

To be fair Wizard did originally say he'd wait until Amber was fully released before he released the next MFME - before all the other stuff happened...

• spa likes this

#5 barcrest junky

barcrest junky

• Moderators
  • 843 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 09:21 PM

Just been over and read the thread, sounds very interesting. The thread is currently "locked"? I wanted to post to see if Jeeves would be up for sharing his new/improved tech emulation code with MAME...
Scene is alive and well :)

You need to log into Mecca to avoid the lock. Welcome to F-E btw. To those who aren't aware, John is doing some sterling work in getting fruit machine emulation going in MAME, including those Scorpion 4's that currently don't run in Mfme.

#6 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 11 September 2016 - 09:24 PM

Topic is locked

#7 johnp007

johnp007

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 09:25 PM

You need to log into Mecca to avoid the lock. Welcome to F-E btw. To those who aren't aware, John is doing some sterling work in getting fruit machine emulation going in MAME, including those Scorpion 4's that currently don't run in Mfme.

I see a like button but no reply button and I am logged in - that said, I've had a boozy weekend, could just be not seeing it lol :)

Edited by johnp007, 11 September 2016 - 09:25 PM.

#8 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 09:33 PM

http://www.fruitemu....w-mfme-release/

#9 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 11 September 2016 - 09:37 PM

Says its locked for me but people still commenting lol.

Might be because i just signed up, my old account went t*ts

#10 barcrest junky

barcrest junky

• Moderators
  • 843 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 09:38 PM

I see a like button but no reply button and I am logged in - that said, I've had a boozy weekend, could just be not seeing it lol :)

You've had a boozy week from what I've been reading.

#11 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 03:55 AM

you need to register at the mecca for a account to post a reply 

#12 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 04:21 AM

Great news Tommy hu :) This IS exciting now.

yep looks to good to be true, lets hope we don't drive this opportunity away like the last emulator discussion as this release is just what Fme needs right now.

You cannot compare Wiz and Guitar...Wiz only left (went quite off of the scene) as his work was released via a trusted source. 

To be fair Wizard did originally say he'd wait until Amber was fully released before he released the next MFME - before all the other stuff happened...

He did too and arn't we glad he didn't throw a paddy and totally turn his back.

---------------------------------------------

Just shows (though a few don't realise nor appreciate it) a hell of a lot goes on 'behind the scenes'....there's no need for daily updates all the time :)

#13 johnp007

johnp007

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 07:15 AM

So is the thread locked for everyone, or is it because I haven't posted much/at all on the MPU Mecca site, that it is locked for me..? :)

Would really like to get in touch with Jeeves, and see if there's any chance he'd be up for his new emulation cores being added to the MAME project :)Cheers for any help, I think the MPU Mecca site is like totally locked down, I can't even click on his name and send him a PM...

Here's a screengrab of what I see when logged into MPU Mecca:https://dl.dropboxus...hreadLocked.PNG

Edited by johnp007, 12 September 2016 - 07:16 AM.

#14 No1Stoney

No1Stoney

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 07:24 AM

Not locked for me, I have posted a reply and still can. Not sure what the issues are people are having. can only imagine it is something to do with post count or something like that

#15 johnp007

johnp007

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 07:31 AM

Thanks for checking Stoney :) ...well that is mildy frustrating lol - so I can't post because I don't have a high enough post count... hopefully Jeeves will post on DadsFME / this Fruit-Emu site as these are not broken for me, and I will be able to communicate with him.

#16 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 07:35 AM

I also just posted without problem.

Thanks for checking Stoney :) ...well that is mildy frustrating lol - so I can't post because I don't have a high enough post count... hopefully Jeeves will post on DadsFME / this Fruit-Emu site as these are not broken for me, and I will be able to communicate with him.

Do you want me to message him and ask him to contact you?

#17 johnp007

johnp007

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 07:57 AM

I also just posted without problem.

Do you want me to message him and ask him to contact you?

Yes please, that would be great - thanks Chasnbons :) Could you forward him the message below? Cheers John :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hiya Wizard :)

I'm John, one of the contributors on the MAME / MFME2MAME project. Very exciting to hear you've been adding/improving the techs in MFME!

I was wondering if you would be open to sharing your new emulation core code with the MAME project so one of the low-level emulation guys over here could look at integrating them into MAME? Would be really awesome if you are :)

Great work on continuing FME dev - it's good to know there's other people out there working on this stuff!

(I am having problems using the MPU Mecca site, I think due to low post count - my email address is gyrox007 AT gmail DOT com)

Cheers,
John :)

#18 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 08:04 AM

Done :)

#19 johnp007

johnp007

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 08:19 AM

Thanks Chasnbons! :)

#20 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 12 September 2016 - 10:28 AM

Hi john I think you need to introduce yourself first on the Mecca via the introduction thread.
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users