- - - - -

Whats This Worth? Barcrest Club Crown Jewels £100 Jackpot

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:47 PM

Just found a club crown jewels for sale in a Cheltenham shop. The guy said it has been in a barn for 4 years and has not been turned on in that time. I plugged it in and it fired up fine, 95% of the bulbs work and the reels seem fine. It wouldnt take coins so would have to look into that. The right hand saide trim was taken off but was there with the machine.

The bottom has been water soaked and the chip board looks quiet damaged. The front door (cash door) lock works and locks. The top glass looks fine but the bottom glass is coming away from the glass and has a few big bubbles in it. The guy said to make him an offer but am unsure as to how much it would be worth in that state. Here is a picture of the said machine.

Robinhood

Attached Files

#2 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:13 PM

State of that machine, I would not be offering a great deal, especially knowing when you maybe looking at some serious cab repair.

£50 tops (Which it would be worth for parts alone), though I would start at £30 and see where that gets you.

Coin acceptance, I would check the fuses on the PSU, along with all link wires to the mech, and I would also take the mech out, and clean the inside with a small bit of polish.

If you do go for this, probs best taking any issues over to The Mecca, where you may also be able to source spare glasses for it.

Cab damage, would depend how bad it is, and where it is, as to how you will tackle it..... if it's just the very bottom edge, I would probs fit some batons to the bottom, and / or fit castors, especially knowing it's a rear door on this.

One thing I hope I do not need to remind you about, is to check the battery on the MPU4 board, and if it's blue or shows any sign of leakage, remove it ASAP, and follow the general battery repair threads @ The Mecca.

There are some members near you (You still in the Brum area?), and I maybe able to pop out to you, if you get stuck.

EDIT..... Just noticed you said you found this in Cheltenham, so bit too far out for me to get, but I notice that Vinny @ The Mecca, is not massively far from there (Bristol), so you may want to bend his ear a little :D

Edited by stanmarsh14, 07 July 2011 - 01:27 PM.

#3 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:33 PM

Cheers for that Stan, the cab does look in a bad state and I will try and grab some pictures of it when I'm next there. The manager said he did a deal with some guy but he was meant to come collect it last week but is yet to pay or show up for it. I will start at £30 and see what he says, I will need him to deliver it too so I said I would pay £20 for 12 miles if that sounds fair. I know barcrestjunkie lives in Cheltenham but weather he does anything with machines I have no idea.

Thanks

#4 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:45 PM

Cheers for that Stan, the cab does look in a bad state and I will try and grab some pictures of it when I'm next there. The manager said he did a deal with some guy but he was meant to come collect it last week but is yet to pay or show up for it. I will start at £30 and see what he says, I will need him to deliver it too so I said I would pay £20 for 12 miles if that sounds fair. I know barcrestjunkie lives in Cheltenham but weather he does anything with machines I have no idea.

Thanks

Yep, £50 delivered is not a bad deal at all IMO (I'd poss even go as far as £60 if needs be), and gets it off the guys hands, which I am sure he wants to do, especially knowing he's already been f***ed about.

I don't think BJ knows machine repairs at all, but then again, if you want to start learning repairs, MPU4's are a very good place to start, and if needs be, you can still get a fully working MPU4 MOD4 (Machine will also work with a MOD2, but they do cost more), for around £25..... coin mech's are very easy to replace at around £20.

Think here, only possible big problem you may have, is the 2 large 25v / 63v caps in the PSU if they are bulging on top, but it's not a major hassle to get those on e-bay, or from this supplies place I know in Sheffield.

Edited by stanmarsh14, 07 July 2011 - 01:49 PM.

#5 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2011 - 02:17 PM

2 large 25v / 63v caps in the PSU???? lol no idea, not had much time inside a real fruit machine so will be much more that just a screen haha. Will have to see what he thinks to £50 delivered. He dont even want it in his shop as he has a phone shop selling phones from as far back as they was made. 1880's ?? or there abouts, so wants rid of it in his shop.

#6 jim2311

jim2311

Genius

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 02:18 PM

Money well...wasted. If you total up all the costs... purchase, delivery, parts, not to mention the time refurbishing this machine, you could probably buy a much better working one.

Unless you have money to waste or want it as a project give it a wide berth.

Oh and never ever believe what a seller tells you. Like...he done a deal with another who hasn't turned up yet, that's only to rush you into buying.

#7 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 02:31 PM

Money well...wasted. If you total up all the costs... purchase, delivery, parts, not to mention the time refurbishing this machine, you could probably buy a much better working one.

Unless you have money to waste or want it as a project give it a wide berth.

Oh and never ever believe what a seller tells you. Like...he done a deal with another who hasn't turned up yet, that's only to rush you into buying.

Can be ambiguous this, when buying a machine.

From my own experience over several years, I believe Rob wants to start learning general machine repair (Just like I did a number of years back. Got 6 machines in my flat, that I have repaired over time. Just sold one, and another is going this Saturday, and I do have 4 more machines I can sell right now), and what you need to know on maintaining a machine.

Starting on the MPU4 platform, is a very good place to start, as parts are still very easy to get if the need arises, and there is not a great deal wrong with this machine, and that what is faulty, is not too hard on the pocket to replace, so an ideal place to start learning.

Only reason why I pointed out these other bits, are that they are common things you MAY need to replace on an MPU4 machine, to keep it in good working order.

Granted this other buyer on the scene maybe a way of selling this machine, but as Rob has pointed out, it's a mobile phone shop, and it's in the way, so does not take much figuring out, that the seller needs to be rid of this machine, and for Rob, this could be a very cheap way in owning his first machine.

Also, if this machine is not repairable (Considering what Rob has already said, it should be a runner), it's worth £50 / £60 in parts alone easily, so IS worth the money, and is minimal risk of loosing what you have paid out.

If you was going to buy a fully working machine, you are looking at aprox £100 minimum to buy, plus transport (Average cost here, can be £60 depending on distance, especially when you get a 3rd party to deliver, like Gaming Direct), so you are easily looking £150 all in to buy.

EG here, of a well known seller on e-bay, located in Burton, whom I have used many times, and found very reliable: http://stores.ebay.c...AT-YOUR-LEISURE

If you do your pricing up here, you will find you can easily break £150, just for the machine alone, as they sell more newer stuff.

Older Impact v3 based machine here: http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item5ae16922c9 £85 BIN, + £60 delivery for most of the UK, looking £135 delivered.

Edited by stanmarsh14, 07 July 2011 - 02:48 PM.

#8 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2011 - 03:04 PM

I'd give em 10 bob for it :D

#9 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:45 PM

Was in cheltenham again today and the machine was still there. I offered him £50 inc delivery and the guy phoned the manager. He will accept my offer if the other guy don't buy it. He is ringing him tomorrow to find out so fingers crossed. £30 for a nice lil clubber ain't bad. Just hope they will help get it up the stairs now I broke my wrist lol.

#10 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:17 PM

I know barcrestjunkie lives in Cheltenham but weather he does anything with machines I have no idea.

No he doesn't, sorry. Good luck wiht the purchase though

bj

#11 jim2311

jim2311

Genius

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 11:41 PM

Was in cheltenham again today and the machine was still there. I offered him £50 inc delivery and the guy phoned the manager. He will accept my offer if the other guy don't buy it. He is ringing him tomorrow to find out so fingers crossed. £30 for a nice lil clubber ain't bad. Just hope they will help get it up the stairs now I broke my wrist lol.

Now you've broke your wrist...every couple of months a new injury...how many mirrors have you broken!

#12 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:09 PM

not worth a $&%#

#13 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:26 PM

not worth a $&%#

Nah it's gotta be worth 10 bob ;)

#14 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2011 - 12:42 PM

not worth a $&%#

And nor is you comment! :realmad:

Nah it's gotta be worth 10 bob ;)

Well bought it, got it for £50 inc delivery. It will be delivered in about 3 weeks or so, depending on my hand. Happy I will soon have my first fruit machine :yes:

#15 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:12 PM

Nice one the artwork looks good,it's just a shame the game play doesn't match the original jewel in the crown.

#16 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:18 PM

Well bought it, got it for £50 inc delivery. It will be delivered in about 3 weeks or so, depending on my hand. Happy I will soon have my first fruit machine :yes:

You seriously need to leave yahself alone at night there, being as accident prone you are.

Next thing to go wrong, is the bugger will fall off, through abuse ;)

#17 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2011 - 07:47 PM

I will be getting my first machine next week, I just need to try and fine a manual for it. If anyone has one or knows where I could download/get one from I would appreciate it. Thanks

#18 cashbox1

cashbox1

The furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2553 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 08:25 PM

i think the mecca might be your best bet for a manual rob,but you got more pressing things than that to deal with,like getting it DX`ed LOL :D

Einstein`s theory of FME 90 downloads = 3 thanks

#19 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2011 - 09:53 PM

i think the mecca might be your best bet for a manual rob,but you got more pressing things than that to deal with,like getting it DX`ed LOL :D

Yeah, it needs a lot of work on it before a dx can be done, the bottom glass needs working on the top glass looks fine. It has been in a cold damp barn for a few years. Still it fied up OK when I turned it on. It didnt take coins tho so might need the coin mech looked at. I will try over the mecca cheers.

#20 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:04 PM

Generic MPU4 field guide, will be all that you should need, and should be in the downloads section here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users