STOP n FLIP STEP n SKIP

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 wirralbret

wirralbret

• Regulars
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 04:36 PM

HI! has anyone got any plans to release this classic 80s BWB machine?

#2 Guest_altharic_*

Guest_altharic_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2005 - 06:02 PM

Not unless the roms can be found.

alth

#3 Pete1

Pete1

• New Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 05:00 PM

Not unless the roms can be found.

alth

Too bad. :(

#4 wirralbret

wirralbret

• Regulars
  • 59 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 07:58 AM

anyone found the PROMS yet??!?

#5 Guest_altharic_*

Guest_altharic_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2006 - 11:18 AM

nope :(

#6 jonny_the_rod

jonny_the_rod

• New Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 08:40 PM

Got me all excited when i saw this topic thinking someone was about to release these.

it's hard to believe that there aren't any of these about. when i was a kid these machines where very popular and everywhere there was one in pretty much every arcade you went into on the east coast bridlington scarborough area.

#7 wirralbret

wirralbret

• Regulars
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 07:45 PM

i know., it was the same in New Brighton, Southpourt and Rhyl

#8 Taylor525

Taylor525

Owner and Parts Seller

• Regulars
  • 508 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 08:42 PM

i know., it was the same in New Brighton, Southpourt and Rhyl

Where was there one in Rhyl????
i know there was ONE in Southport, not so far from Argos....

#9 Guest_altharic_*

Guest_altharic_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2006 - 09:23 PM

if its still there pop round with a crowbar and a rom reader ;)

#10 wirralbret

wirralbret

• Regulars
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 08:09 PM

the one in rhyl was more toward towyn in a camp site i stayed in in 1990. new brighton arcade had 4 of them and i remember a few in Coinplay in birkenhead, also around 1990

#11 lincs1

lincs1

He Who Dares Wins

• Banned
  • 3803 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 12:19 AM

anyone found the PROMS yet??!?

yes i have cleethorpes n skegness proms pmsl

#12 superbank

superbank

Antagonist

• Gold Supporters
  • 567 posts

Donator

Posted 13 February 2007 - 06:56 AM

the one in rhyl was more toward towyn in a camp site i stayed in in 1990. new brighton arcade had 4 of them and i remember a few in Coinplay in birkenhead, also around 1990

Now that brings back some memories... used to go in the Silverstrike and the Oasis is Birkenhead in the 80's, and also another arcade near the 'Strike that I cannot remember (this one had a Step n Skip in it)

Great memories of all the old classics. This is where I played and saw my first Top Take (just been emulated).

Used to spend many an hour in there - particularly on Tumble and Fortune Numbers... :bigeyes04:

#13 wirralbret

wirralbret

• Regulars
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 08:20 PM

blimey! i was the engineer there then! he also owned the Oasis and The golden Nugget on market street, was a good guy to work for. Alf Wadbrook owned an arcade around the corner from the Strike, I think it was called the Sovereign. It was also on Charing cross, i believe that miserable old bugger is still alive!

#14 superbank

superbank

Antagonist

• Gold Supporters
  • 567 posts

Donator

Posted 14 February 2007 - 06:52 AM

blimey! i was the engineer there then! he also owned the Oasis and The golden Nugget on market street, was a good guy to work for. Alf Wadbrook owned an arcade around the corner from the Strike, I think it was called the Sovereign. It was also on Charing cross, i believe that miserable old bugger is still alive!

The Sovereign - that's the f***er!! :bigeyes25:

I must have spent hundreds in that place over the years. Great little arcade in its day - is it still there??

I used to like the 'Strike as well cos they had some great fruits and also a Hyper Olympic, so we had the best of both worlds!

And the big row of Line Up's in Oasis... heaven!! :) :)

Can't say that I ever remember the Golden Nugget tho...

#15 PLAYER

PLAYER

• Regulars
  • 112 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 08:53 AM

The Sovereign - that's the f***er!! :bigeyes25:

I must have spent hundreds in that place over the years. Great little arcade in its day - is it still there??

I used to like the 'Strike as well cos they had some great fruits and also a Hyper Olympic, so we had the best of both worlds!

And the big row of Line Up's in Oasis... heaven!! :) :)

Can't say that I ever remember the Golden Nugget tho...

The sands arcade in Ingoldmills next to sun city was where i remember one. I can barely remember it. Wasn't it in the same cab as JPM frog hop? Has anyone got a picture? I have a black and white one somewhere if no one has one at all. Would love to see a picture.

#16 wirralbret

wirralbret

• Regulars
  • 59 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 06:43 PM

yeah, it was a system 80 conversion. I had to convert some Winsprints to Stop n flips. Tho the Winsprint was a conversion kit for the Frog hop!

The sovereign is still there, the strike is a funeral home now and some rogue has bought the nugget and the oasis. Bill McGee sold off the Coinwood buisness which was the arcade side of Coinplay in the 90s.

Not the same now, the oasis don't even have customers nowadays, god knows how they keep the place going - they even closed down the coffee shop at the back, which used to make really nice home made cakes and scones. I miss the good old days!!!

#17 Guest_altharic_*

Guest_altharic_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2007 - 09:42 PM

Sadly even if we do source the roms they probably won't run although it bodes well if it was indeed a Winsprint conversion kit. You see System 80 is a little sticky to emulate no machine is alike Dialtone explained why in irc a while back part of the problem was the memory map another being the coin mech and custom hardware.

We do have a few rom sets for system 80 sadly when loaded into MFME they appear dead so unless more information shows up about these oldies and Wizard has a change of heart we aint going to see this emulated any time soon.

But I do live in hope these do show up as this is one of my Holy Grail machines one I played to death as a kid and its unavailable.

I remember it from the Marina in Swansea it was between Copperwin and Copper Account two machines down was spoof.

Happy Days. :)

#18 PLAYER

PLAYER

• Regulars
  • 112 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 10:00 AM

I was a little young back then but can remember Frog Hop being in Coral Beach amusement arcade. I'm pretty sure i could even draw a map locating most of the machines. I can remember those big 10p's crashing down into the long chrome pay tray. Then there was the line up and hyper viper with stickers on the cash doors that said "new £3 jackpot" God i'm going to start crying soon :cry: Happy, happy days...

#19 superbank

superbank

Antagonist

• Gold Supporters
  • 567 posts

Donator

Posted 15 February 2007 - 10:30 AM

Sadly even if we do source the roms they probably won't run although it bodes well if it was indeed a Winsprint conversion kit. You see System 80 is a little sticky to emulate no machine is alike Dialtone explained why in irc a while back part of the problem was the memory map another being the coin mech and custom hardware.

So I guess that is the reason that we can't get Tumble working them Alth??

Would be great to see it go - do you reckon there's any chance (with or without help from The Wizard himself...)

#20 Guest_altharic_*

Guest_altharic_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2007 - 06:24 PM

Pretty sure that was a coin meter issue in that the machine will not accept coins can't remember off the top of my head the manual aint a lot of help with it we can but hope one day he has a change of heart and makes another MFME stranger things have happened in FME.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users