• Attached File  play.jpg   103.6KB   172 downloads

Posted Image

#2 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 04:38 PM

How will the Post Office be able to deliver it with the name blanked out like that?.......

Ok so I said it, someone had to! :rolleyes:

#3 Jimmy_mac

Jimmy_mac

Court Jester

• Regulars
  • 1649 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 04:45 PM

two years???? should have said fella i got a garage full of the feckers

That aint stolen, they just aint been paid for yet and we cant get any more cos they changed the bloody locks :D

#4 dtrmad2004

dtrmad2004

Total

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1485 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 04:52 PM

Didnt know sony did paint shop pro, bit pricey aint it.:D

Andy
<a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://profile.mygam...trmad2004'></a>Posted Image</a><br /><br />Don't gamble with the Recession!

#5 GaryMPU34

GaryMPU34

ex layout designer

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 312 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 05:10 PM

haha you poor git, no homebrew, no emulators but you do get a nice web browser. Think I will stick with my imported Jap 1.5 with a nice 1gb memory stick.

have to admit though that now its nearly here in the UK there are some good games coming out better suited to UK market. Ape Escape academy is good for those that like the mario party style of mini game. Toca and F1 are good racers, Virtua Tennis seems playable enough, Everybodys Golf is a strong enough game for those that dont want the tech side of Tiger Woods which again is a good game. Ridge Racer is Ridge Racer, not been a bad version of that on a sony console. Wipeout looks nice but not really played it. Fifa I would not touch, gameplay and graphics are ok but when the game pauses for a second or 2 when the ball goes out of play so it can load the speech it begins to get on your nerves. So turn the commentary off I hear you say, if you do that you still get the pauses as it still loads it and plays it silently! Midnight Club Racing is ok but let down by very long load times and it does suffer on the small screen.

Nintendo will have to do something quick for the DS over here as the titles released since lanch have been poor to abysmal. I suspect there will be a lot of DS`s traded in on Thursday

#6 dtrmad2004

dtrmad2004

Total

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1485 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 05:23 PM

Nintendo will have to do something quick for the DS over here as the titles released since lanch have been poor to abysmal. I suspect there will be a lot of DS`s traded in on Thursday

the DS has nothing on the psp, i think all nintendo seem to do is chuck out cartoony type of games but tbh ive never been a fan of nintendo.

Andy
<a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://profile.mygam...trmad2004'></a>Posted Image</a><br /><br />Don't gamble with the Recession!

#7 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 05:26 PM

Andy

Thought you said it was Rachiel? :D

#8 dtrmad2004

dtrmad2004

Total

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1485 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 05:37 PM

Im going for my sex op next week :D

Nuff said.

Andy

#9 reedy0666

reedy0666

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 06:47 PM

getting my psp next friday from game

#10 dtrmad2004

dtrmad2004

Total

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1485 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 03:42 PM

Just had a go on one of these in a game shop, amazing graphics better than i expected, I WANT ONE lol.

Andy

#11 dave1de

dave1de

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 07:13 PM

Radio one have been going on about them, at midnight their interviewing people who have got them, they already had some interviews with people already queing up.

Shame that the c*nts at play.com aint dispatched mine till just about an hour ago, although they sent an email a few days ago saying i will get it on the 1st.

It takes 3 days from them so it will be saturday till i get it, how f***ed up is that, i want it NOW!!!

Oh well, i was playing quick on the draw by vivid (5 quid jp) today and got the logo red 4, yes 4 times in a row, followed by £4 and £3 wins comming in for a good 10 mins. Then won 45, yes 45 off monopoly plasma tv multiplay (5 quid jp) one using nails system, Well pleased :D so that made everything alright, won enough for a 1gb mem stick!
Posted Image

#12 dtrmad2004

dtrmad2004

Total

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1485 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 09:34 PM

The gamestation shop i went in said they will be open at midnight to start selling them, i might go out at 12 just to see how big the crowds are lol.

Andy

#13 sjbadcock

sjbadcock

Spin.. Win.. Repeat

• New Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 10:05 PM

They do look very nice, but, not gonna bother, gonna save up all my money and buy the ps3, since its gonna be a while, only need to save about £2 a week!

Was thinking about buying the xbox360 to tide me over but I just can't bring myself to do it! :D :D :D
It's nice to be important.........but more important to be nice!!

#14 GaryMPU34

GaryMPU34

ex layout designer

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 312 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 11:45 PM

for anyone buying a UK PSP please follow this advice

DO NOT INSERT THE DEMO DISK!!!!

This will upgrade your firmware to v2 from v1.52 and make playing homebrew and other stuff virtually impossible. There are strong rumours that v1.52 has been cracked and will be able to play the emulators etc within the next couple of days. You are not missing much by not upgrading (you dont get a web browser but there are homebrew solutions to this already)

#15 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 11:53 PM

for anyone buying a UK PSP please follow this advice

DO NOT INSERT THE DEMO DISK!!!!

This will upgrade your firmware to v2 from v1.52

Surely that is a Downgrade?!

and make playing homebrew and other stuff virtually impossible. There are strong rumours that v1.52 has been cracked and will be able to play the emulators etc within the next couple of days. You are not missing much by not upgrading (you dont get a web browser but there are homebrew solutions to this already)

TBH, as it stands with my Xbox say, v1.6, still moddable even using the solderless chips. Bit like DVD Decryption. They may whinge and say 'it isn't possible we have the 0wniest anti-pir8cy sh1t'', but suddenly it gets cracked overnight.

It'll happen, they know it'll happen, and like Windows, it'll be people that upgrade when told so that'll be disadvantaged in the homebrew [and maybe other stuff ;)] department.
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#16 dave1de

dave1de

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 08:49 AM

I am so tempted to just go to tesco and buy one..........temptation rising, i can refund the play.com one when it arrives......so tempted...i dont know what to do

*rushes off to tesco*

no not really, im thinking long and hard...
Posted Image

#17 dave1de

dave1de

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 09:07 AM

f*** It Im Off To Tesco
Posted Image

#18 dave1de

dave1de

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 09:32 AM

Nope im staying here, ill just wait, sorry for the 3 posts in 1 go
Posted Image

#19 dave1de

dave1de

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 09:47 AM

EFFFFFFFFFFF YES!!!!!!!!!! Just rung them up and they tracked it into cambridge (rung play that is) its comming today

YEEEEEEHAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
I do apologise for the multiple posts
Posted Image

#20 Pgamblin

Pgamblin

Old but still not as old as Ady

• Regulars
  • 1382 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 10:57 AM

Surely that is a Downgrade?!

This will upgrade your firmware to v2 from v1.52
Erm. Upgrade to version 2 from 1.v52