Desert island fruits

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 rocky100

rocky100

• Regulars
  • 93 posts

Posted 13 August 2021 - 01:55 PM

Don't know what the hell I've done wrong cos I'm useless with computers, but when I tried to long into desert island fruits it says I'm banned. Can anyone shed any light on this for me? Cheers.

#2 Reg

Reg

DONE AND FINISHED

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 697 posts

Donator

Posted 13 August 2021 - 05:50 PM

Probably the fact you did not get enough rep when you posted to the New Members area and you left the account inactive having not tried to login for oh, nearly two years.

You account got purged.

Attached File  Untitled.png   48.32KB   0 downloads

#3 rocky100

rocky100

• Regulars
  • 93 posts

Posted 13 August 2021 - 06:27 PM

Well I'm sorry about that reg, but some folk do have lives, jobs, and kids too look after. Just logged into my Facebook account today after a while and it's funny I any 'banned' from that, but do you know what I ain't f*****g arsed. I asked a simple question and get replied to like I'm some sort of arsehole. Neither wonder members don't bother with sites like these no more.

There are a few sites I don't frequent often, yet they don't seem to ban you.

Really is like a 'play group' the way these sites are run.

I don't give a shite if my 'membership' is also deleted from this group as well after this rant, I'd rather go and poke my eyeballs out with red hot metal spoons than put up with this constant shite.

RIP Wizard is my last word!
And admin please delete my account also, can't be bothered with this shite.

#4 Reg

Reg

DONE AND FINISHED

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 697 posts

Donator

Posted 13 August 2021 - 06:29 PM

What ?

I just gave you the reasons - you asked.

I did not treat you like an arsehole either - that is simply wrong - just shared what happened.

#5 rocky100

rocky100

• Regulars
  • 93 posts

Posted 13 August 2021 - 06:33 PM

The 'oh nealry two years' was a bit of a hint of 'arsiness'!

Yeah I'm sorry I don't frequent sites often, but that's my busy lifestyle, just as I am on other sites, I'm the one that 'lurks' in the background. Tbh I cba to argue. Can just delete my accounts.

#6 Reg

Reg

DONE AND FINISHED

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 697 posts

Donator

Posted 13 August 2021 - 06:41 PM

Read it how you want - that's not how it was meant.  Sorry if you feel that way.

#7 rocky100

rocky100

• Regulars
  • 93 posts

Posted 13 August 2021 - 06:53 PM

Well sorry reg, but, it is how I'm taking it. Just because I ain't active every day/week/month don't mean I'm taking your fantastic site for granted.

I've always appreciated what you guys have done.

I'm more narked off as I'm sure other members are not active 24/7, or most of the time (unless they ain't got jobs/lives/kids etc to attend to).

I've literally got a newborn to attend to, work, my partner works and other stuff to get on with is the reason why I tend not to frequent these type of sites often, it don't mean to say I'm never gonna visit again.

I'm not gonna lie yes your probably right I may not of visited desertisland in the last 2 years, but it don't mean I've used or forgotten about your site, but when I tried to log in I couldn't believe I'd been banned.

Yet when I logged into a site I've not visited since 2009 let me straight in, no question asked. No 'purge' there.

I'm only kicking up a bit as I've been a member here on fruitemu for a while, and signed up to your site as fruitemu (like a few have pointed out) is a dying source. I didn't think I'd be banned for trying to log in after not even 2 years, but like I said I'm not arsed. I'm not a member that can contribute layout wise, or can contribute with photos of machines etc, but not all of your members can have access to stuff like that, yet I would of been a loyal member that would of yes 'hung around' in the background, but would also have recommended your site to others who are interested in emulation and other things.

Like I said I'm not too bothered as I have a newborn daughter to get on with and my job, I'm just a tad annoyed that folk like me who may hang around and log in infrequently get banned.

Take care reg, I'm not a nasty person and hope your site does bloom/take off in the future.

Dean.

#8 Reg

Reg

DONE AND FINISHED

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 697 posts

Donator

Posted 13 August 2021 - 07:22 PM

Again sorry you have chosen to take it this way.

For clairty:

- Accounts that are not used and equally do not complete the New Member status get purged, has happened to plenty of others.

- Not banning them allows all the Russian attacks that happened recently with one acutally getting through.

- Purging accounts like this as well stop the duplicate accounts or the sleeper accounts that has also happened in the past - no way of knowing what is what.

- Others that have had purged accounts have signed up again with no problem.

So this will be the last post that I do on this site - I am personally not prepared to be accused of doing something that I did not - although I accept that you acknowledge this is how you've taken it even after I posted saying that is not the intent.

Not going to put myself in the firing line for something that I believe I have not done.

You too take care Dean, but I am done.

Edited by Reg, 13 August 2021 - 07:22 PM.

#9 rocky100

rocky100

• Regulars
  • 93 posts

Posted 13 August 2021 - 07:27 PM

Well I'm sorry for accusing you reg. You do have enough in your plate running a site and listening to whining arses like myself.

I didn't realise you had to take all of that into account, like I said I'm a noob with computers and the likes of running sites etc. Please accept my apology.

I just didn't think that after trying to log in after a certain amount of time would render my account banned, I thought I'd done wrong, again my apologies I've taken all this wrong.

I hope whoever sees this on Fruit emu, sees I've taken this wrong as well.

Now I feel a right tw*t.

Take care guys. 😒
  • Reg likes this

#10 Reg

Reg

DONE AND FINISHED

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 697 posts

Donator

Posted 13 August 2021 - 08:43 PM

Apology accepted ( this really is my final post here tho ).

If you want to sign up at DIF again ( obviously new account name etc ), there is no problem with it and we all move on.

You still will need to go through the New Member part - but misunderstands happen - we're all human. :)

Cheers.

#11 barcrest junky

barcrest junky

• Moderators
  • 843 posts

Posted 13 August 2021 - 08:46 PM

Apology accepted ( this really is my final post here tho ).

If you want to sign up at DIF again ( obviously new account name etc ), there is no problem with it and we all move on.

You still will need to go through the New Member part - but misunderstands happen - we're all human. :)

Cheers.

I never post here anymore either, but very generous and a good outcome.

#12 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 20 August 2021 - 02:53 PM

eh?

Edited by nails, 20 August 2021 - 02:53 PM.

#13 robinhood75

robinhood75

medieval mentalist

• Gold Supporters
  • 562 posts

Posted 25 August 2021 - 11:43 PM

Ive been a member for a few years and I have no access at all now. 

What's yours is yours and what's hers is yours

#14 Reg

Reg

DONE AND FINISHED

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 697 posts

Donator

Posted 26 August 2021 - 07:56 PM

Ive been a member for a few years and I have no access at all now. 

Although I was not going to post here, I have to reply to share the truth here and correct your statement @robinhood75.

You last accessed the site 16 hours ago and also reset your password.

I am expecting a 100% correction of your statement here.

Attached File  Truth01.png   79.15KB   2 downloads

Attached File  Truth02.png   41.32KB   2 downloads

#15 rhys37429

rhys37429

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 August 2021 - 07:47 AM

how do you set up a account with DIF?

#16 Reg

Reg

DONE AND FINISHED

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 697 posts

Donator

Posted 28 August 2021 - 10:17 AM

how do you set up a account with DIF?

https://www.desertislandfruits.com

Edited by Reg, 28 August 2021 - 10:18 AM.

#17 jamesy4

jamesy4

• Regulars
  • 620 posts

Posted 29 August 2021 - 04:02 PM

Yeah,

I got my account closed due to not having two step verification as was going to set it up until I wasn't able to login but apparently someone used my account to spam due to not having that two step verification process up as I use a few sites and fixed it on those but if I could login on D.i.F I would do the two step verification straight away.

Don't think that will happen though as the Site Admin told people to set it up in advance.

TqxKl7c.png

:) Fruit-Emu The Number 1 Download Site For Fruit Machines!! :)

#18 rhys37429

rhys37429

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 August 2021 - 09:38 PM

unfortunately says I'm 'banned'.

I think I had a old account on the site, and didn't use it.

#19 Pokerhontis99

Pokerhontis99

• Regulars
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 September 2021 - 07:25 PM

I have just been banned after being a member for 4 years, is it because i didn't set up 2FA?  I can't remember seeing a post saying we had to have it. 

#20 Reg

Reg

DONE AND FINISHED

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 697 posts

Donator

Posted 07 September 2021 - 11:43 PM

I have just been banned after being a member for 4 years, is it because i didn't set up 2FA?  I can't remember seeing a post saying we had to have it. 

I hope you are prepared to correct this statement - you are not banned and you last logged in on Monday at 11:11.

Attached File  pokerhontis99.png   356.13KB   7 downloads

Edited by Reg, 07 September 2021 - 11:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users