Reg

DONE AND FINISHED

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 697 posts

Donator

Posted 26 December 2017 - 07:42 PM

POPULAR

Earlier this year I made an attack on this forum and DADsFME as well.

Part of my complaints was I considered it biased towards a couple of issues that have been done and dusted. I know that a couple of my comments were considered offensive by at least one of the people who tried to do their best, in their words.

Note this is the area that I am talking about here my actions, I am not looking to open up the debate at all.  Take this as you want.

Over the past few weeks I have been getting more and more bothered over some of the remarks I made as the weeks have rolled on.  Yes, it’s only words on the internet but I am not 100% impressed about my behaviour.

During this period, I have had contact with one of the people that I probably pissed off in the thread and that PM chain has been nothing but friendly.

More recently, I have been dealing with another person who I pissed off over on another forum via PM’s.  Again, that PM chain has been nothing but friendly.

These people could have told me to go and f*** myself where the sun does not shine, they did not. There could have been no dialogue at all – I am not sure that I probably deserved any. Either way, the doors had been opened and we’ve spoken – I am not sure that if the roles were reversed I’d have even bothered with me, if I was them.

All I want to do is say thank you very much – you know exactly who you are and I apologise for what I said and insinuated.

The only thing that matters from the wreckage of what has recently happened is our admin here.  I wish him well for 2018 and if this message means anything, consider this…

• I could have posted this where not main people would have seen, I did not and am publically calling myself out.

• It maybe only words on the internet, but we are people behind those words – at times, we should hold up a mirror and see if we would like them coming back in our own direction.

• This is a hobby – we will never capture the old days and it is dying.  This is probably because of our own behaviours and there is a lot of us that hold that torch – let’s try to make 2018 more welcoming for those around.  The people that have recently returned, let’s give them a reason to stay.

That is me done – I’ll not be as soft as shit to you lot like this ever again, but the people will know who I mean when they read this and I hope they accept the apology.

If I am man enough to call things out publically – I am man enough to post regrets and an apology.

Peace out – have a wonderful 2018.

Edited by Reg, 26 December 2017 - 07:46 PM.

#2 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Regulars
  • 1043 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 10:39 PM

Nice post :)
All the best for the New Year, to you and FME!

Watch out! There's a SIG thief about...

#3 shaun2097

shaun2097

• Regulars
  • 993 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 12:14 AM

my thoughts during the period that things "went to shit" was (to quote magays ROVERS RETURN...)

"REG, what are you doing"  :)

nice post REG. hopefully thats all done and dusted and over with.

happy familys again. ;)

Former Fruit Machine Engineer.<br /><br /> 1988-2004.

#4 slasherx2

slasherx2

• Regulars
  • 116 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 07:06 AM

Happy new year

#5 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 11:34 AM

think i kinda remmber it has thr guy in question has just asked me for the same thing.

good apology, hope you had a good xmas and an even better new year.

#6 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 07:04 PM

When the net was young (and some of use were as well), it was easy to forget behind that username was a real person, with real feelings.

Certainly for me, I try to remember that now and some of the people who I have crossed swords with in the past are even now friends with me on Facebook.

I hope that within FME, 99.9% of debates can get sorted, with a minimum of heat at the most and we are past the stage of people walking away because they've had an argument. Amazingly and frustratingly for me anyway, the most heated discussion have come around subjects that are years and years and years old and it seems some people want to argue for argument sake.

But as much as we love FME, there are still far more important things in life, well one or two lol.

#7 evo1

evo1

• Regulars
  • 571 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 07:57 PM

When the net was young (and some of use were as well), it was easy to forget behind that username was a real person, with real feelings.

Certainly for me, I try to remember that now and some of the people who I have crossed swords with in the past are even now friends with me on Facebook.

I hope that within FME, 99.9% of debates can get sorted, with a minimum of heat at the most and we are past the stage of people walking away because they've had an argument. Amazingly and frustratingly for me anyway, the most heated discussion have come around subjects that are years and years and years old and it seems some people want to argue for argument sake.

But as much as we love FME, there are still far more important things in life, well one or two lol.

People will argue, Its part of life. Same as people make mistakes again part of life. Its good that people can have an disagreement and be man enough still to work things out after. and not get door closed on/banned/ignored. This shows true men, and hope that something good comes out of it sometimes.

Fme has a history of arguments as does any forum/scene but lets (in the future)not destroy something that will all come here for and love. But to resolve issues that arise.

Hope you all have a happy new year and many years to come.

Dave 

#8 altharic

altharic

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 447 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 11:27 PM

Apology unaccepted you do this every time a release is either carrot dangled or promised you think you can do as you f*****g like because no one will stand up to you stop f*****g doing it you are not God you are no better than anyone else in fme.

#9 Reg

Reg

DONE AND FINISHED

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 697 posts

Donator

Posted 29 December 2017 - 11:33 PM

Apology unaccepted you do this every time a release is either carrot dangled or promised you think you can do as you f*****g like because no one will stand up to you stop f*****g doing it you are not God you are no better than anyone else in fme.

...well last time a release was promised I wasn’t even around, so you lost me there.

Happy New Year anyway to you.

#10 altharic

altharic

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 447 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 11:42 PM

Next you'll say Andy Tutton ain't back when we all know that 3 month long wip is his same side art, flat ironed artwork same dar dar dar darrrrrrr wip management that no one has made a layout ever using these tools etc etc.

pure tutton just hope the guy hes claiming be doesn't mind.

#11 Reg

Reg

DONE AND FINISHED

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 697 posts

Donator

Posted 29 December 2017 - 11:57 PM

Next you'll say Andy Tutton ain't back when we all know that 3 month long wip is his same side art, flat ironed artwork same dar dar dar darrrrrrr wip management that no one has made a layout ever using these tools etc etc.

pure tutton just hope the guy hes claiming be doesn't mind.

Ah - no you missed a thread there - I have already made the stake in the ground about that when everything kicked off. Its not been three months tho has it ? Are you missing gaps of time ?

If I am wrong, then so be it. I dont understand your obsession with the chap you mention anyway.

Take care and as previously said, Happy New Year.

Edited by Reg, 30 December 2017 - 12:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users