Photo
- - - - -

Ouch! Toothache

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 08:32 PM

:arghh: No 1 most annoying common pain in my book. Anyone who knows me, will know the past few years, I seemed to have spent half my life at the dentist.

Just hoping I get a few hours sleep at least tonight, and am able to get an emergency appointment tomorrow morning, when I ring. Think I have another tooth infection and been here before and it's no fun, when you literally have about 10 minutes sleep, for 3 nights on the trot.  :arghh:

Edited by wearecity, 02 May 2017 - 08:32 PM.

#2 altharic

altharic

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 447 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 08:44 PM

As they say in Accrington only brush the ones you want to keep.

#3 Magz

Magz

• Regulars
  • 887 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 09:00 PM

Worst time to get one when there's a bank holiday.

Hope they get you fixed!

#4 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 02 May 2017 - 09:12 PM

Had it myself mate, cant sit down storming backwards & forwards wanting to punch your own face in.

#5 wearecity

wearecity

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 09:48 PM

Yep, luckily painkillers just about dulling the pain enough for an hour or so, to hopefully get some sleep, having to use paracetamol and ibupofen. Need a dentist tomorrow definitely or the painkillers will just stop working.

#6 Reg

Reg

DONE AND FINISHED

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 697 posts

Donator

Posted 02 May 2017 - 10:12 PM

It's an old wives tale, but with toothache if you lay in the bed with the opposite leg to the side of the mouth that is hurting hanging out the bed with the sole of the foot flat on the floor it casues a natural feng shui within the body as the nerves are harmonised and this reduces the pain without having to resort to herbal fixes.

This explains why dentists are a late 1800 invention where they made false teeth out of wood as we moved away from the more traditional ways of healing as above.

May the light shine upon you as you give this ago tonight.

#7 Turb0

Turb0

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 10:29 PM

If you can't get to the dentist/doctors tomorrow and you haven't tried it yet, go get some Orajel Extra Strength. Apply enough and it will numb your whole face for a few hours.  :goofy:

Available over the counter in most high street chemists.

#8 shaun2097

shaun2097

• Regulars
  • 993 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 11:14 PM

If you can't get to the dentist/doctors tomorrow and you haven't tried it yet, go get some Orajel Extra Strength. Apply enough and it will numb your whole face for a few hours.  :goofy:

Available over the counter in most high street chemists.

i agree. orajel is the dogs nuts when dealing with acute toothache. i always keep a tube in the cupboard....

Former Fruit Machine Engineer.<br /><br /> 1988-2004.

#9 barcrest junky

barcrest junky

• Moderators
  • 843 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 05:31 AM

It's an old wives tale, but with toothache if you lay in the bed with the opposite leg to the side of the mouth that is hurting hanging out the bed with the sole of the foot flat on the floor it casues a natural feng shui within the body as the nerves are harmonised and this reduces the pain without having to resort to herbal fixes.

This explains why dentists are a late 1800 invention where they made false teeth out of wood as we moved away from the more traditional ways of healing as above.

May the light shine upon you as you give this ago tonight.

Please report back if you tried this last night. 

#10 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 06:41 AM

have you tried oil of cloves?  takes the pain away immediately. put your finger in the bottle/oil and then dab around the infected area. you`'' be amazed at how fast it works.

#11 wearecity

wearecity

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 07:24 AM

Well, made it through the night, without any unnatural sleeping positions lol. Initial painkillers, kept me going for a couple of hours until 2, then, took some Nurofen Express and thankfully while I can still feel it, I managed to get some more sleep.

I've had a few tooth infections over the past few years, so I definitely know when one is starting to take hold. When it comes to an infection, you do need to get antibiotics ASAP, as it doesn't go away and painkillers stop working and you end up like Richy said wanting to punch your own face in. Last time even the antibiotics, didn't work and the pain just got worse and I ended up with no sleep for 2 days, waiting for them to kick in, which as I said they didn't. I then had to have an emergency appointment, 4 mouth injections and antibiotics then injected into the tooth itself. But then once the numbness from the injections wore off, I still ended up with the pain back for another 24 hours, before it finally went.

Will definitely get some orajel though, because even with the bad infection, I managed to get a few hours sleep, when my mouth was numb, after the antibiotic injection.

Ringing the dentist soon.

Edited by wearecity, 03 May 2017 - 07:25 AM.

#12 wearecity

wearecity

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 03:39 PM

Got to see the dentist this morning.

She looked at the tooth and said it's clean and she would put something in the tooth to help with the pain and refill it temporarily and to come back for a check up in a few weeks.

I think it's an infection, she thinks it's because the tooth was exposed. Only time will tell, but for now painkillers are still working.

Oh and I got some orajel.

#13 wayne123

wayne123

none - going

• Regulars
  • 187 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 04:12 PM

I would really recommend Clove oil, it does numb all the pain!,

And also sensandine (spelling) toothpaste rubbed on the tooth, help too

#14 letmein

letmein

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 718 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 05:58 PM

Two min's I'll be up now with the pliers.

M

#15 ricardo de ponsa

ricardo de ponsa

Man Of Science

• Regulars
  • 1110 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 06:19 PM

Ooh I could tell you some horrible experiences I've had with dentists, but I won't.

Worst pain I can think of.

What I will say though, I hope you get your teeth sorted soon without out too much suffering and that you get a long uninterrupted sleep as well.

Take Care

RDP.

Edited by ricardo de ponsa, 03 May 2017 - 06:20 PM.

Don't come round and steal my Cheerios !!!!

#16 stardust

stardust

Daryl

• Regulars
  • 720 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 06:28 PM

:arghh: No 1 most annoying common pain in my book. Anyone who knows me, will know the past few years, I seemed to have spent half my life at the dentist.

Just hoping I get a few hours sleep at least tonight, and am able to get an emergency appointment tomorrow morning, when I ring. Think I have another tooth infection and been here before and it's no fun, when you literally have about 10 minutes sleep, for 3 nights on the trot.  :arghh:

Just get dentures lad... You'll be much better off - I was! ;)

#17 barcrest junky

barcrest junky

• Moderators
  • 843 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 07:04 PM

I thought  a seagull had flown off with your dentures. 

#18 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 02:35 AM

WD40 / degreaser? ;)

Edited by stanmarsh14, 04 May 2017 - 02:41 AM.

#19 wearecity

wearecity

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 08:14 AM

Thanks for all the comments raise a careful little smile.

Mouth and tooth still doesn't feel right and painkillers still needed, but only a couple of times. Just taking it easy, eating on one side, see how I go. If it stays the same, I'll be able to get through the few weeks and then see dentist about root canal on the tooth and hopefully then crown it.

#20 stardust

stardust

Daryl

• Regulars
  • 720 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 05:12 PM

I thought  a seagull had flown off with your dentures. 

Yes... the little bugger! :D

Attached File  18033905_10155377247326802_8747271104844196038_n.jpg   66.77KB   0 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users