All redundant end of the month..

#2 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 02:40 PM

Should think so an all, utter tosh there games.
Hold the bells mate.

#3 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:44 PM

Only ever really got to play their games via the emulator.

There were a couple of machines that I found entertaining, but I can't remember their names, so I'm guessing they weren't classics to me.

Still I don't like to see anybody lose their jobs.

#4 letmein

letmein

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 718 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 04:03 PM

WHO?    :goofy:

M

#5 barcrest junky

barcrest junky

• Moderators
  • 843 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 04:41 PM

Wholly owned subsidiary of Novomatic I believe.

#6 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 04:58 PM

they havent made many decent games in the last few years

as i have only seen single player and 3 player clockwork oranges with the ticket and pusher versions

even the horrible hi tech games with cracks on the bottom glass have been took out out everywhere as well

#7 DAD

DAD

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 542 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 04:58 PM

Shame, they did some good lo-techs!   At least their machines will live on through emulation, which is what it's all about really. :)

#8 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 05:11 PM

have we got the roms for the empire lotechs midus touch and dragons den /jack in a box clone 

as dragons dens plays well on 20p as wins muiltpy on the feature as the arrows have x 2 x3 and so on

#9 spa

spa

Layout Designer

• Moderators
  • 2494 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 05:36 PM

At their best with those mpu4 £5ers. Extremely playable and were everywhere. Haunted House, Treasure Trail, Hi Spirits, The Gambler and Pinball Nudger will always get a few quid off me if I see one.

http://www.youtube.com/FruitVideos - My youtube channel

https://drive.google...R3ZTMTBIQTdwWUU- My Drive

#10 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 06:43 PM

Would they like to donate their artwork and roms to the scene so they can be imortalized? (Jesus people stop slagging them off and they might agree one day).

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#11 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 06:55 PM

At the beginning of FME, they were friendly and helpful.

Then someone did something naughty to a layout IIRC and they immediately withdrew support. 

I agree that emulation can be a positive thing, for actually preserving different types of media.

#12 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 04:26 AM

Would they like to donate their artwork and roms to the scene so they can be imortalized? (Jesus people stop slagging them off and they might agree one day).

At the beginning of FME, they were friendly and helpful.

Then someone did something naughty to a layout IIRC and they immediately withdrew support. 

I agree that emulation can be a positive thing, for actually preserving different types of media.

I remember a few years back, someone uploaded  an Empire layout that was hidden within a thread and Empire wasn't happy.

I'd received an email/PM about it and thought it best to act-on-what i'd read.

Can't remember the Guy's name off-hand but basically i'd had a few problems locating where the layout was within the site.

So I asked him for a phone no which he gave me for some verbal help. I Googled it 1st and alas it showed as Empire so I called.

We found it (and I removed the submission via the live call) and we went on to chat for a good 20 mins+.

Turned out he was One of the high management (I remember asking on here at the time and it was confirmed), we had a really good chat about FME and he seemed a Diamond guy......I bloody wish I could remember his name though as he'd support it for history purposes now i'm certain after the vibes I received from our call.

#13 barcrest junky

barcrest junky

• Moderators
  • 843 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 05:13 AM

I remember a few years back, someone uploaded  an Empire layout that was hidden within a thread and Empire wasn't happy.

Can't remember the Guy's name off-hand but basically i'd had a few problems locating where the layout was within the site.

So I asked him for a phone no which he gave me for some verbal help. I Googled it 1st and alas it showed as Empire so I called.

We found it (and I removed the submission via the live call) and we went on to chat for a good 20 mins+.

Turned out he was One of the high management (I remember asking on here at the time and it was confirmed), we had a really good chat about FME and he seemed a Diamond guy......I bloody wish I could remember his name though as he'd support it for history purposes now i'm certain after the vibes I received from our call.

Presumably one of the company directors, Mr Craig Steven Beer, Mr David Thomas Thurlbeck, Mr Stephen Mark Brown, Mr Anthony Parker. Any of them?

#14 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 21 June 2016 - 07:23 AM

Wouldn't you have to go through novomatic/astra in Cardiff now as they seam to own or part own most manufacturers.
It's a shame my other half don't work in the little arcade owned by them anymore, she used to see the bosses of novomatic games quite often. Can't recall their names though.
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#15 mabby2000

mabby2000

• Regulars
  • 189 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 08:04 AM

Wow... I had a few empire fruit machines back in the days at the arcade, mpu4 Apache gold, big cheese, eureka, hot cash, manic something... And another begins with p...
Jpm's cash machine.
I have to say the worst out of all these is hot cash! Most were on 10p play £8 cash.
I have bought machines direct from empire.

#16 fruitman69

fruitman69

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 09:34 AM

Presumably one of the company directors, Mr Craig Steven Beer, Mr David Thomas Thurlbeck, Mr Stephen Mark Brown, Mr Anthony Parker. Any of them?

I would guess it was Steve Brown that you spoke too, he was a good guy, crossed paths many times and had chats.  :)

Edited by fruitman69, 21 June 2016 - 09:34 AM.

Follow us on facebook http://www.facebook....131728946893342
www.reelsoffun.co.uk

#17 Mavroz

Mavroz

odd job man...

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:47 AM

Steve Brown

#18 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Regulars
  • 1043 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:49 PM

Steve Brown left Empire Games years ago

Watch out! There's a SIG thief about...

#19 Mavroz

Mavroz

odd job man...

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 03:26 PM

Yes, it was years ago he was keen on emulation until someone went a step too far and upset the apple cart, to my understanding.

#20 barcrest junky

barcrest junky

• Moderators
  • 843 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 05:28 PM

I would guess it was Steve Brown that you spoke too, he was a good guy, crossed paths many times and had chats.  :)

Steve Brown

Yes, it was years ago he was keen on emulation until someone went a step too far and upset the apple cart, to my understanding.

Steve Brown

He was a director of Empire Games Limited until 8th November 2013 according to Companies House

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users