- - - - -

Will these machines ever be emulated?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_john619_*

Guest_john619_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2015 - 01:38 AM

Can anyone tell me if these 2 machines can be emulated monte carlo or bust and Miami dice please

#2 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 04:20 AM

They are emulated but there is no public release of said emulator.
Hold the bells mate.

#3 Guest_john619_*

Guest_john619_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2015 - 01:20 PM

damn :( 

#4 barcrest junky

barcrest junky

• Moderators
  • 843 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 01:43 PM

But they will eventually be emulated on Guitar's new emulator. Just have to wait a while.

#5 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 06:04 PM

It's one of the techs planned to be included at the earliest opportunity.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#6 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 06:22 PM

sorry if ive said this before (like a million times) but I just don't get why wizard put all that work into an emulator that he has no plans to release. once guitar wilfully incorporates each tech it makes mfme more redundant

#7 ritdav

ritdav

• Regulars
  • 389 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 08:16 PM

I think with the greatest respect to Guitar he has a very long way to go before he supercedes mfme.

#8 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 08:26 PM

Amber is technically already better than mfme.   It does surprise me that people aren't releasing layouts for it. Though not sure if Amber 1 layouts will work in the newer version.

Whatever people think about Wizard, there is no denying that mfme is still the emulator of choice and that's not a bad legacy to leave behind as mfme3.2 is surely getting on for 10 years old now.   I hoped for many years we'd get an mfme update but I really can't see that happening at all now unfortunately.   Shame as we all know that Wizard had a lot more techs added.

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#9 stardust

stardust

Daryl

• Regulars
  • 720 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 09:05 PM

I hoped for many years we'd get an mfme update but I really can't see that happening at all now unfortunately.   Shame as we all know that Wizard had a lot more techs added.

It was inevitable that he wouldn't after the 'leaks' and then MAME...

Such a great talent too - you cannot really call MFME at all for what it does, especially the later releases,  but his emotional outbursts at times could cause, and did so, great frictions within the FME community at its peak.

Those days are gone now - whether that is a good thing, or bad thing - let's see what FME history tells us... but one thing is for certain:

Even after nearly 10 years without an MFME update... Guitar has soldiered on (even when we have crossed swords, bless him ;) ) and produced Amber and its updates.

I know coders face a thankless task within some of the FME community - but the one thing that we can unite us all (for a while anyway)... is the release of a new emulator.

...something that this scene has so desperately needed in nearly a decade!

#10 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 13 July 2015 - 09:16 PM

I was thinking of releasing layouts for amber1 but

1) I found it to difficult to make the layouts as I was finally used to most of the tools within mfme, so if Amber2 can incorporate Mfme easier layout creating tools then I'm in!!

2) I feel my layouts are too small for Amber1 unless I can make the artwork big which I am doing now and amber automatically rescales it down to fit whatever screen its played on similar to mfme3.2 does but an auto scale,

3) Also the quality of my layouts I feel are below level to what ambers capable of the layouts need to be of excellent clarity and finally at the moment there's nothing much "new" to put into Amber only layouts that are available on mfme/jpmemu so if we were to "remake" them (from scratch if artwork available)

we'd need permission of the creators and look what happened with the ding dong bells saga  even though that creator said they're good enough left in mfme they don,t know the excellent "online" aspect of amber totally awesome in my eyes and with the chat makes emulation online play very enjoyable

amber takes mfme to new levels in gameplay in the virtual arcade in the sky hopefully guitar will open his online arcade doors by xmas   

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#11 DAD

DAD

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 542 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 10:16 PM

It does surprise me that people aren't releasing layouts for it.

J

I for one was waiting for a stable version that ran all the techs guitar had added, as the last release just ran MPU4.   No point in working on something which was obsolete as soon as another new update came along.

#12 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 11:10 AM

Yes, you are correct Dad, I missed the new C++ DLL build and it basically meant you had to create layouts again.   I was happy with the stable release before the upgrade, that seemed to work great.   I would definitely create in amber again, it's a great toolset and far superior than mfme.

J

#13 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 07:24 PM

do we not think that MAME merely threw their toys out of the pram on this one?  I mean, wizard used parts of mame to make, what we saw from the video, a fantastic multi-platform emulator?  MAME pull the rug beneath his feet (arguably because its theirs and they can) and then do nothing afterwards???? its just seemed a really mute point. MFME doesn't fringe on video games or consoles etc.

rant over

#14 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 14 July 2015 - 07:45 PM

Just because it's possibly been a year since I've said this, there is only one person stopping a new public release of MFME... simples ;)

#15 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 08:13 PM

We have Guitar back working on a 2d version of Amber which is what the majority seems to have wanted, so hopefully Guitar can get a stable base emulator and build it up from there.

J

#16 ritdav

ritdav

• Regulars
  • 389 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 10:36 PM

where/when did guitar say that?

#17 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 11:28 PM

Over at Dadsfme, he posted an update and is working on the toolset for amber2d

J

#18 Zoltar

Zoltar

Former Fat Bastard.....

• Gold Supporters
  • 1810 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 09:29 AM

So what was it again that MAME would do if Wizard released a new MFME?

Posted Image

#19 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 05:31 PM

take him to court ?

AFAIK MAME said they would let him release his emulator, using parts of MAME, providing he gave them the source code. he said no so they said no release from him then.

is that right?

#20 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 05:52 PM

I don't think Wizard was willing to supply source code for the toolset, so in a nutshell releasing a binary without full source would break the terms of the mame license.   I could be wrong here.

J

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users