#1 fruitman69

fruitman69

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 05:21 PM

Hi All,

Due to several requests for a discount code / offer and having spoke to Alex to check its ok to post one, I'm pleased to announce that for a limited time you can get a FULL Reels of Fun SIM for just £1.49*

* Limited time only.
* Only one per customer.
* New or existing customers.
* Excludes Gold member games e.g. ( Money Mad Martians Community )
* Payment via faster payments only.
* If you have not used FP before you will need to contact us first for our details.

If you have not purchased one before now is a great time to try one, if you have bought one previously why not let people know which one you got and what you thought about it to help people decide which one to get?

I always hope people like the SIMs and unlike some sites I welcome good or bad feedback as long as its honest so that improvements are made in future.

Please contact the Reels of Fun site directly to take advantage of this offer of if you have any questions quoting code   FIRST149.

http://www.reelsoffun.co.uk

Feel free to ask questions here, but remember its a public forum and not all questions will be discussed here.

Regards,

( aka  Steve P )
Follow us on facebook http://www.facebook....131728946893342
www.reelsoffun.co.uk

#2 slasherx2

slasherx2

• Regulars
  • 116 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:04 PM

I tried to download a trial just to test it, but it went extremely slow. Are your host having problems as it was the same trying to download via my mobile phone as well.

I have no interest in actually buying any by the way, I am just letting you know.

#3 fruitman69

fruitman69

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:15 PM

Hi,

If its just a trial game your after there is a few on here in the downloads section under Simulations,

Double the party was the most popular,

Regards,

Steve.

www.reelsoffun.co.uk

#4 corel

corel

• Regulars
  • 171 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 09:38 AM

its a rip off site. no thanks

#5 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 03:04 PM

its a rip off site. no thanks

I was very tempted to just remove this post. 

I haven't as I hope you can explain your remark corel.

Personally I disagree, I admit I haven't bought many of-late, but the One's I have I've been totally happy with....and that came with great support too.

#6 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 28 May 2015 - 03:53 PM

It's not a rip off site, I like ady have purchased sims from the site and was very happy with the products
some are as near to the machine's as technically possible, the astras And money mad Martians in paticular. End of the day fruitman puts many hours into each sim and it's also upto him what he charges. This discount is a very very good deal in my eyes how long would £1.49 last on today's modern fruit machine crap ooh about twenty seconds and that's if the coin was rejected. Just like thus site regarding emulations off which are free atm people sometimes don't appreciate the amount of time and hard work and maybe skill involved in making the games.
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#7 fruitman69

fruitman69

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 05:02 PM

I too would be very interested in how you have come to that conclusion given that the most common comments I receive about the site and games is and I quote  "Thanks, there great and well worth the money"  and  "very close to the real thing, thanks"

Personally as the fact the games can take in excess of 120hrs to complete ( a months full time work hours ) I think £4-7 average for a game is a reasonable price and £1.49 I personally think is a absolute bargain!

Yes its just a hobby site, and I don't expect it to make any kind of profit but I do rely on sales of games to help pay all the running costs of the site, software, hosting etc in the same way that this site relies on and needs donations.

In the same way this site gets a donation, some of my supporters just buy a game or two a year to effectively do the same thing, I do not rip people off nor does my site, no one is forced to buy a game or membership.

You also fail to understand or see that in the past Reels Of Fun has helped contribute funds to this site and helped to generate income for it.

However the fact that your saying even £1.49 is a rip off clearly shows that the only price you would be happy with is £0.00

This is the sort of attitude that killed off FME in the first place IMO, but that's for another thread.

So in short "Corel" I think your comment was unfair and unjustified, and at the very least you should explain your comment.

Regards,

Steve.

www.reelsoffun.co.uk

#8 corel

corel

• Regulars
  • 171 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 06:16 PM

hi ady  I take it you've never installed new hard drives/os into your pc and lost the games because when you do that like I did a couple of year ago you will see it is a rip-off site when you lose the games and you cant get them back. So in my opinion is Its a site that likes to steal money.. We are living in moneyworld but fairplay should be the first and nobody should have to pay for games and then worry about if their hard drive crashes. Why does the site not just say - we want your money we don't care about your fun. 

So if you want to delete my post you can do so all ive done is told my opinion. Maybe fruitman be happy and rich now.

#9 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 28 May 2015 - 06:46 PM

to corel afaik you used to be able to get a "key code" that was in case you lose the game etc maybe you could've contacted fruitman and explained what happened you never know he might of given you another code for the games

#10 corel

corel

• Regulars
  • 171 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 07:05 PM

and fruitman please don't put on this bulls**t like you don't know what im talking about and that why I have to explain my comment. 

And vectra I wrote two years ago and had zilch reply ever since. Why? Because fruitman was too busy counting his gold riches.

Attached Files

Edited by corel, 28 May 2015 - 07:11 PM.

#11 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 07:57 PM

If anyone seriously believes that someone can accumulate any significant "gold riches" by selling fruit machine simulators that they spent countless hours creating, then quite frankly they must be deluded.
  • ady likes this

#12 fruitman69

fruitman69

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 09:51 PM

and fruitman please don't put on this bulls**t like you don't know what im talking about and that why I have to explain my comment. 

And vectra I wrote two years ago and had zilch reply ever since. Why? Because fruitman was too busy counting his gold riches.

I don't know what your talking about?, I have never seen or read those messages?  And TBH why did you send them to here?  you should of contacted someone at Reels Of Fun!  Surely you wouldn't  go and complain to tesco about something that was purchased at argos?

In any case the games are registered to the hard drive and formatting will remove the key and make the key invalid. This is fully explained on the website before purchase.

Loads of software is done this way.

www.reelsoffun.co.uk

#13 fruitman69

fruitman69

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 10:12 PM

If anyone seriously believes that someone can accumulate any significant "gold riches" by selling fruit machine simulators that they spent countless hours creating, then quite frankly they must be deluded.

Totally agree!   It probably equates to about  4p per hour wages im making per game  so its a damn good job its only a hobby !!

www.reelsoffun.co.uk

#14 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 29 May 2015 - 08:22 AM

4p minus tax, vat, electricity, machine wear n tare, Web hosting cost's, repetitive strain injury caused by countless hours tucked away in a dark corner lol. Probs works out dust is worth more than you get per game. The main reason you charge is so like this site you don't get countless people leeching the site for what it's worth. End of the day it's your choice whether you charge or not and then it's upto us whether we want to pay the price offered. Football is just a hobby in reality but some one many moons ago thought, hey people want to watch us so let's charge em for the privilege and so you now get the better the team the more they charge, but there's also the thin line between to much or just right.
Vec's ramblings over for now rofl.

#15 corel

corel

• Regulars
  • 171 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 08:43 AM

Fruitman you made a contradiction with the Tesco/argos thing considering where it is youve posted your "offers" promotion topic.

Secondly, sometimes refreshing hard drive comes through no fault of your own and not just by installing a new OS or upgrading hard drive. A person could have collected 50+ games and then boom they've all gone. Why not offer some kind of insurance? I wouldnt mind buying games but decided not to because they wont last. Sooner or later id like to buy a new lap top and don't fancy being ripped for 50% off the original price when ive already paid for the game.  And i also i would want my 50+ games back.

Everything is money and turning into a market place these days - money talks, money talks, more bloody money talks.

#16 Marlon36

Marlon36

• Regulars
  • 162 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 09:22 AM

I wish my team were better to watch Vecs.. :soccer: Mine have gone down the pan this season! :mad:

I must say: The simulation that i was playing, i was very impressed with. I had bought the Magic 7 25 one and it plays very close to the real thing. For anyone who has never played any of the ROF simulations - i would recommend taking Steve up on his kind offer and giving one a bash.

#17 fruitman69

fruitman69

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:06 AM

Fruitman you made a contradiction with the Tesco/argos thing considering where it is youve posted your "offers" promotion topic.

Secondly, sometimes refreshing hard drive comes through no fault of your own and not just by installing a new OS or upgrading hard drive. A person could have collected 50+ games and then boom they've all gone. Why not offer some kind of insurance? I wouldnt mind buying games but decided not to because they wont last. Sooner or later id like to buy a new lap top and don't fancy being ripped for 50% off the original price when ive already paid for the game.  And i also i would want my 50+ games back.

Everything is money and turning into a market place these days - money talks, money talks, more bloody money talks.

No contradiction as it clearly states to contact the reels of fun site directly for the offer.

Due to potential abuse of people repeatedly requesting codes for "hard drive failures" or for their friends etc the 50% charge is only a guide eg the max we would charge, gold members get much better allowances than people that have only purchased 3 games in three years for example. Customers requiring re codes are assessed on a individual basis, and if you had contacted the site correctly no doubt you would have had a much better outcome than the no reply. It is not my fault that you didn't even contact the reels of fun site about your problem, and only decided to vent your issues 2 years later on a public forum.

As a gesture of goodwill I'm happy to offer you 3 new codes for your games for the same £1.49 offer.

Regards,

Steve.
www.reelsoffun.co.uk

#18 jamesy4

jamesy4

• Regulars
  • 620 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 11:31 PM

I have been more than happy with the service I have received from the Reels Of Fun site and have bought some games and then had to re-install my windows after a few times when it got buggy / lost a few installation files but never had a problem getting them back as fruitman has always let me know how to get them back and how to do it and that's a genuine offer that he has offered you in the above post as well, 3 codes for £1.49, I would take that deal up any day of the week !

TqxKl7c.png

:) Fruit-Emu The Number 1 Download Site For Fruit Machines!! :)

#19 corel

corel

• Regulars
  • 171 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 06:53 AM

ok thanks fruitman but arnt the codes your offering already part of the offer?

#20 DAD

DAD

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 542 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 07:16 AM

Due to the nature to the work I used to do a while back I regularly used to change my PC, hardware or software, so for me the system of locking software to a certain machine/hard drive wasn't really useful.   

I got my games from ROF for nothing because I did the graphics on many of them plus lots of testing, but out of all the games I helped with I can no longer play any of them.   I know full well that Steve, if I asked would supply me with a couple free of key codes but I also know full well that if I changed my HD for instance or had a HD,crash I'd be back to square one. 

Its a difficult one for Steve though.  If he didn't put any protection on them then they would simply be copied and distributed all over the place therefore depriving him of the little income he currently receives.   What's he supposed to do?  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users