Photo
- - - - -

Astra Party games slotto 500, note acceptor not working?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 andrewizlegend

andrewizlegend

• Regulars
  • 100 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:07 PM

Evening all,

I'm hoping one of you guys out there can help me as this has been a complete headache :(

I have an Astra party games slotto fruit machine with 500 pound jackpot, i have fully filled the machine with 600pounds and filled the second hopper with the 10ps however I cannt seem to get the note Acceptor to work it's not lit, there is power going to it as you can here it starting up when you turn on the machine but doesn't want to know after, it's not coming up with any errors or anything.. I have tried a brand new note acceptor but still does the exact same, I have tried doing a ram clear still no joy, I wonder if anyone has any idea as to what it is??

I apreciate any help..

Many thanks

Andy

#2 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:38 PM

press hopper top up with the refil key turned.

#3 andrewizlegend

andrewizlegend

• Regulars
  • 100 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:12 PM

Have done that mate still no luck

#4 impact

impact

Error 9.4

• Regulars
  • 1280 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:40 AM

BNV key. What you got Nv7 or Nv11? Or something else. Long time since I touch an astra unit

.._-=It`s not a problem only a challenge =-_..

#5 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:11 AM

ok check the obvious things like power to it (does it reset when you turn the machine on?) make sure the ribbon cable is firmly pushed in each end. i think its only lumina's you have to enter a code (bellfruits) so nv11 etc should be fine (famous last words).

#6 andrewizlegend

andrewizlegend

• Regulars
  • 100 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:44 AM

Helloo, Its a nv7 , There is power going to the note acceptor as it resets when you power on the machine etc, I have checked all cables and everything seems fine.

#7 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:50 PM

ok, so the note acceptor is not talking to the machine presumably. try entering test mode and see if it accepts notes.

personally  would start with dumping all the coins and refil just to be 100% tat its topped up.

#8 andrewizlegend

andrewizlegend

• Regulars
  • 100 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:09 PM

Thankyou i shall give that a try once i step in from work

#9 andrewizlegend

andrewizlegend

• Regulars
  • 100 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:34 PM

Evening I have done all of the above but still no joy I have also put in a brand new note acceptor again you can hear it start up etc so there is definitely power there but still doesn't want to know in game play.. any ideas?? This is really doing my head in now lol

#10 impact

impact

Error 9.4

• Regulars
  • 1280 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:30 PM

BNV key set it up as serial 1+2 down 3+4 up go into test and and put the bnv key should be a label on it 123456, at first set up dills on it to up then power the machine up put dils 1+2 down and leave 3+4 up this will reset the bnv key back to factory standard. Once booted up go into test select bnv key settings enter bnv key as what its labelled too . Then reboot machine the machine and the nv will now be linked together. Do your hopper top up that's it done.

#11 andrewizlegend

andrewizlegend

• Regulars
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:26 AM

Good Morning That for your reply impact, I have tried that first thing this morning, all good untill i got to the test menu section , i cannt see anything that states bnv key settings .. i have uploaded some pics so you can see the test menu. Any idea ?

Edited by andrewizlegend, 17 January 2014 - 08:27 AM.

#12 andrewizlegend

andrewizlegend

• Regulars
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:28 AM

Test menu

Attached Files

#13 andrewizlegend

andrewizlegend

• Regulars
  • 100 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:11 AM

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

#14 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:11 AM

3rd pic - its starring right at you. currently it looks like you have all 4 dip switches down. take impacts advice on 2 down 2 up. 

its a hardware option, not software/menu. you need to get the notey talking to the machine correctly

#15 andrewizlegend

andrewizlegend

• Regulars
  • 100 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:45 PM

Have changed the above unfortunately still no joy, you can hear it start up etc and has a green flashing light on the note acceptor but that is all

#16 impact

impact

Error 9.4

• Regulars
  • 1280 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:00 PM

So you started the machine with all dills up before you even turn it on. After 5sec you then switch dills while it is booting up just 1+2 down , 3+4 up. Then go into all test menus more extended tests any thing like. You can`t find them it mite be auto find from the software but I can`t remember it being like that.

Do remember tho to do your hopper top up etc aswell

#17 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:15 PM

could be a faulty loom

#18 andrewizlegend

andrewizlegend

• Regulars
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:44 PM

Yep done all of the above
Its very strange ive never came across this issue

#19 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:27 PM

as I recall the nv series flash read if their is a fault. since its doesn't work normally or in test mode I say that the machine isn't talking to the notey correctly. trace the wires on the loom from the machine to the nv7

#20 impact

impact

Error 9.4

• Regulars
  • 1280 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:28 PM

could be a break 12v go`s to the nv but cant tx or rx data because of the loom problem. Meter it from end to end could end be a pin on the plugs them crimp wire tabs could be loose. Good shout nails 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users