im new

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 mmmmstella

mmmmstella

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:58 PM

hi all ,ive just gone through the dummys guide (thats me) it says to download direct x ?  cant seem to see anything to down load there ,also the other down load ,cant remember the name right now ,requires me to pay a subsription fee ?can i not play on here for free ,?its all rather complicated right now ,,thanks for any advice

#2 mmmmstella

mmmmstella

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:33 PM

anyone ?please

#3 Mavroz

Mavroz

odd job man...

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:44 PM

I'm Spartacus....

#4 hurricane

hurricane

• Regulars
  • 734 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:47 PM

Direct x is to do with graphics, just google it for download. There is no subscription fee's, only donations on here. Hope this helps.

#5 pinky

pinky

• New Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:00 PM

good luck its fun when you get to grips

• ady likes this

#6 mmmmstella

mmmmstella

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:44 PM

thanks for replies , i downloaded direct x ,it did a scan and said a driver was out of date ,also tried to download winzip but it wants a 25 buck fee ,any help would be appreciated

#7 mmmmstella

mmmmstella

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:50 PM

ok quick update ,direct x says i have 7 out of date drivers ,pop up says  do i want to fix them now ,register directx ,not sure if the want a fee also .

Edited by mmmmstella, 16 August 2013 - 08:52 PM.

#8 mmmmstella

mmmmstella

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:05 PM

hi agian ,direct x wants me to register to drive manager to fix out of date drivers it ,wants my email to send me a key number ,and also wants my postcode ,do i have to pay for this service?

#9 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:11 AM

get your winzip/winrar for free here - http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm   

get your free updates directly from microsoft here - http://www.microsoft...ad/default.aspx

hi agian ,direct x wants me to register to drive manager to fix out of date drivers it ,wants my email to send me a key number ,and also wants my postcode ,do i have to pay for this service?

dont pay for anything!

#10 Anosha

Anosha

• New Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:30 AM

Winzip should be entirely free so look at the site again and see if you clicked somewhere wrong. I've never paid for DirectX because it seems to be on every computer I buy. You might have to grab some codecs or updates for it though. Sorry you're having issues with it.

#11 thegambler

thegambler

The Daddy

• Regulars
  • 66 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:05 AM

Winzip is (or was, as of the last version I have) an evaluation product, i.e.  a paid for product that comes with a free "trial" that you can use to evaluate the program. when you run winzip it gives you the option to use trial version or purchase full version. I'm still using the trial - 8 years later lol.

On my newer computer I use 7zip, (more formats covered, ie zip, rar, etc).

For 7Zip:

http://lib.giveawayo...om/7_Zip_41026/

For other useful tools and software (some free, some paid for, some trial):

http://lib.giveawayoftheday.com

Free daily (serious) software:

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/

#12 mmmmstella

mmmmstella

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 03:32 PM

ok,update ,,so i have downloaded winzip (the free trial )   all done ,,now how do i get direct x ?????,silver supporter ,sent me to microsoft free updates page ,so what am i looking for on here ?and what do i do now ,,,,,,any help please,thanks

#13 killcrazy

killcrazy

• Regulars
  • 257 posts

Donator

Posted 24 August 2013 - 03:45 PM

You should already have directx unless you're using XP.  You can get it from here:

http://www.microsoft...ls.aspx?id=8109

#14 mmmmstella

mmmmstella

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:16 PM

ok ,i followed the dummys guide  and security pop up ,when extracting files ,trojan horse  file ending with exe.,,wont let me go no further?free avg i have .so close now

Edited by mmmmstella, 24 August 2013 - 04:18 PM.

#15 mmmmstella

mmmmstella

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:54 PM

i keep getting ,a security alert from avg ,saying a trojan horse ,when extracting files ,it wont let me override this ,,,any help ,please ,,,,,

#16 hitthesix

hitthesix

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3382 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:18 PM

It would help if you told us what the file is you are trying to extract.

we may   be a clever bunch on here but we ain't  mind readers.  :cute:

• ady likes this

#17 mmmmstella

mmmmstella

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:03 AM

ok , so i have winzip icon and fmeiw icon on my homepage , ive tried to get it to work a few times ,but its not working ....must be doing something wrong ....

#18 Andy2003

Andy2003

Fruity Veteran-ish

• Regulars
  • 249 posts

Donator

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:17 AM

click on your start button bottom left corner, there should be a word near the bottom of the menu call 'RUN'. click on that then type, dxdiag. when it eventually loads up the first page should tell you everything about your system plus what direct x your running. if you PRNTSCR then post the picture on this thread i may be able to help you?

also you could try right clicking your mouse on the FMIEW icon and running as admistrator???

#19 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:10 AM

mfme.exe can on some security providers read a 'false positive' - that is it will come up as a virus threat, but it isn't at all, and there is NO malware on any file here at Fruit Emu 

Go here and download this Word file (it will open up with any basic text editor too, before you ask where do you get Word from) - it is a very informative guide on how to run your first game on the emulator, written by one of our fellow members and layout creator's 'hitthesix'

Please read it carefully, follow it to the letter - then if you have any more queries, call back - but PLEASE try it :)

All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

=======================================================

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

=======================================================

speed

#20 mmmmstella

mmmmstella

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:13 PM

ok ,let me just say thanks to everyone for your help ,im up and running .     i downloaded mfme 10.1    and followed the dummies guide ...i down loaded winsprint classic and played that  ,then i wanted to play the winsprint dx ,but it said something about the roms ,so can i not play any dx games on mfme10.1?  then it said i run out of downloads for today ,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users