• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:06 AM

Something you guys may not have known about me is that before my arcade days and more, i was a manager of a BK for some 13 years.

in the end days i was reduced to bean burgers and chicken royale. purely because i couldnt stand the site of a meat patty.

Mcdonalds in my eye makes pure shite in a bun. it has plastic cheese, over sugar'd buns and generally full of trans fats that make you large with little or no prospects or losing weight, but...

it tastes so bloody good - or does it ?

When i walk into a macdonalds i feel like a big kid, i get excited, the smell makes me water at the month, i puchase the biggest meal possible, devour as quick as possible this delicious buger, burp, and then it hits me;  the mcbloated feeling, the mcsickness, the mctiredness etc etc, and i realise that after the initial exitement i now feel ill. a classic example can be found in the super sized me documentary.

ive weened myself to breakfasts only, but even after these i get the mcguilty.

#2 IHartwell

IHartwell

• New Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:30 AM

"Smell makes me water at the month".... Interesting... :p

You shouldn't be McShamed of your addiction, admitting it is the first McStep towards freedom, but you know your in trouble when you start words with Mc, I would want to McShoot myself...

#3 Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*

Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:57 AM

:)

#4 Magz

Magz

• Regulars
  • 887 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:00 PM

I still have the odd 1/4 cheese now and again. I found that the actual burgers make me feel ok, they actually help with my ulcer go figure...

I avoid the chips and other deep fried stuff though as that makes me very ill...

#5 nick_uk_911

nick_uk_911

The Flaming Moron

• Regulars
  • 221 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:10 PM

I very rarely eat them, as people say they also make me feel a bit wrong afterwards. I generally avoid all fast food with one exception...Burger King, The Whopper Meal is just fooking amazing, and at least there is fresh tomato and lettuce in them, and i never feel ill after one, stuffed...Yes, but not ill/tired. 

#6 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:39 PM

Nothing wrong with junk food within reason I could easily polish off a dozen burger or some nice kfc finger licking chicken out of the three I think kfc's the best at least you get real chicken even if it started life off with two heads and four wings and a foot lol.
Another thing why does drinking beer make you more thirsty, it does me especially after 1/2 dozen pints, maybe that's the problem or do they put salt in the beer!! Anyone else experienced this.
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#7 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:46 PM

I used to get McDonalds meals in my old job normally as a once a week treat. Within 30 minutes of eating one, I just wanted to sleep, I felt absolutely unable to do anything. 

Having said that, I still enjoy them as an occasional treat :D

Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#8 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:43 PM

...which is where I'm going tomorrow after my daycare - first time since before Christmas - so definitely a treat

And... if it makes me sleepy - great - I'll have a kip! :)

All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

=======================================================

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

speed

#9 bri365

bri365

Master Joker

• Regulars
  • 724 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:49 PM

Interesting McDonalds story?

http://thechive.com/...-wine-4-photos/

Come here to post jokes, oh and to play the occasional frutie.

#10 Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*

Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:41 PM

OH No.

Feel sick reading it.

It's not decomposed because it's made of plastic and atomic waste. It has a half life of 500,000 years.

Cut out the middle man and chuck it in the nearest nuclear recycling bin.

What a Numbnut!!

#11 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:01 PM

Try living within the stench zone of a mac-restaurant.  With an easterly blowing the smell as I walk out my front door at 6:30 in the morning is enough to make me wretch.

bj

EDIT REASON: spelling like a dope head

Edited by barcrest junky, 12 June 2013 - 09:25 PM.

#12 Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*

Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:18 PM

Try walking past the back of a KFC Emporium and try not falling over with the grease on the footpath. True, I nearly b*g**r*d over walking past. YUCK!!!!!

#13 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:31 PM

Got this Chinese take-away almost next door to my flat, and sometimes the smells from the place just make me wanna puke.

Does not help that I don't eat Chinese stuff at all, apart from this one place across town that I probs got to twice a year if at all.

Mind you, can not keep Crazybar away from Jasmine Garden :D

http://jasminegarden.co.uk/

#14 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:51 AM

Mind you, can not keep Crazybar away from Jasmine Garden :D
http://jasminegarden.co.uk/

I like Hong Kong Garden, but that was a punk-era song by Siouxsie and the Banshees.

bj

#15 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:05 AM

I like Hong Kong Garden, but that was a punk-era song by Siouxsie and the Banshees.
bj

...and I liked Graham Garden (he always played a 'Goody', you know) :p
All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

speed

#16 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:19 AM

Get a cheap catering grade carbon steel wok (mine's a Hancock Wok, same as used in loads of takeaways, cost me about £15 inc Fedex for a 13" flat bottomed one), spend a while seasoning it (I tend to do this outside on my camping stove as it generates a bit of smoke) and learn how to cook takeaway and restaurant food, using Chinese food suppliers where possible. Quite easy to recreate most dishes and they cost bugger all (main cost is the meat, obviously).

I will admit though, can't beat a Chinese takeaway if you want something cheap, tasty and filling :D

Here's a photo of my wok being seasoned outside - photo doesn't do the size of it justice :D

Attached Files

Edited by Bencrest, 13 June 2013 - 09:23 AM.

Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#17 IHartwell

IHartwell

• New Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:23 AM

I love my indian food, well, Vindaloo, Chips, Rice, Poppadom and Keema Naan... never order anything else lol

#18 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:28 AM

I love my indian food, well, Vindaloo, Chips, Rice, Poppadom and Keema Naan... never order anything else lol

I went off dishes like Vindaloo - don't get me wrong, the heat is fine, but I found them a bit boring. I'm more inclined now to order dishes with more onion and stuff in, and then ask them to tweak the heat to suit. Not a fan of keema nan, quite like garlic naan and my current restaurant does a nice egg naan (basically a naan bread with an omelette on top!).

For a cheap indian takeaway, I quite like a lamb biriyani, only about £5 and add chips to that, makes it about £6 - comes with a poppadom and chutney. Don't normally bother with a naan, there's plenty there :D

Ben

#19 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:45 PM

i came that close today, first i rules out a big mac, then i decided that an apple pie and just a teeny tiny double cheese burger would be ok - and perhaps fries..

decided in the end that it was bad and that a home cooked shepards pie would be the way to go.

the pie was lovely, but i regret the double cheese burger :(

#20 Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*

Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:03 PM

Just try this

http://www.dailymail...26-minutes.html

Next time anyone is out this way, how about it ???

Edited by ricardo de ponsa, 13 June 2013 - 08:07 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users