• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 straekseims

straekseims

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 302 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:29 PM

My Pacman (MPU 6 Its amazing clone) has just errored, I was buzzing it up loads and not collecting anything and then it bloody reset itself and errored and now cant play it!

my bellfruit was happy enough to eat £500 and then pay out!

Think I need a New MPU6 and programme card

Need V0000.02

latest one it 00000.03 which is not the version I want

I think V0000.01 is £35jp

#2 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:15 PM

What's the actual error? Seems silly buying a MPU6 (they aren't cheap!) if you don't even need one!

Might be completely unrelated to the fact you kept knocking it back, and if you had somehow corrupted the RAM, I'm sure it would be simpler just to remove the battery and clear the RAM that way?

Edited by Bencrest, 29 April 2013 - 11:15 PM.

Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#3 straekseims

straekseims

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 302 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:19 AM

Tried that when my alien criticaled n didn't work, left battery off for a day n still errored!

I cured it last time with new board but I don't mind geting new mpu6 but I do need v0000.02 as that's why I brought this one n didn't know if anyone would have it as I don't mind paying for the favour

#4 NickYerPesos

NickYerPesos

OFFICIAL THREAD KILLER!!!

• Regulars
  • 989 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:00 AM

Tried that when my alien criticaled n didn't work, left battery off for a day n still errored!
I cured it last time with new board but I don't mind geting new mpu6 but I do need v0000.02 as that's why I brought this one n didn't know if anyone would have it as I don't mind paying for the favour

Wow id hate to be a fruit machine in your place if you keep breaking them like that lol.. ;)

Edited by NickYerPesos, 30 April 2013 - 11:00 AM.

#5 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:37 AM

I'm glad I didn't invest in MPU6 machines for private use now!

It still shouldn't be necessary to replace the whole board though, surely? I *never* had to replace an MPU5 mainboard on any of my machines, yet you will have replaced two MPU6 boards for the same reason?

I haven't any experience of MPU6 so can't really comment more, but logic dictates to me that clearing the RAM should clear any game 'issue', after all I don't imagine the programme card is read only, at least while installed in the machine?

Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#6 straekseims

straekseims

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 302 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:35 PM

The alien is mpu5

its errored because I forced it to much and it basicly thinks its fookked because its trying to pay but can't because I keep rejecting to win and after about £120 it errored, same happens if you win to much as well its like a fail safe

#7 straekseims

straekseims

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 302 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:20 PM

took the battery off for a second to hopefully reset it....it now says error 41-48  memory corrupt???? Lovely!

I thought someone or somewhere sombody uploaded all roms for £70 jps?

this is 2009 Pacman £70jp V2

#8 BIGBALLS

BIGBALLS

• New Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:16 AM

seen a guy in the pub doing this to a starwars , knocking back everything and even the red boards , he then took mega streak and the machine froze , turned it off and on afew times untill it did the barcrest pop noise and reset wiping all his credits and all the effort knocking back the wins . if you turn a barcrest off upto 20 times it will reset it self

Edited by BIGBALLS, 01 May 2013 - 08:16 AM.

#9 straekseims

straekseims

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 302 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:50 PM

Memory corrupt so think im a bit beyond that lol

#10 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:03 PM

Memory corrupt so think im a bit beyond that lol

But the 'Memory' is only RAM, and RAM is volatile so the machine should have the ability to deal with corrupt / clear RAM by simply starting from fresh (for example, when batteries go on BFG Scorpion machines and you get the 53 RAM ERROR. 

How close to Spalding are you? I feel like I ought to come around and have a fiddle :D

I seriously can't see how clearing the RAM wouldn't clear these errors. Obviously you've now had the corrupt RAM error - is the machine not recovering from this error? What about leaving it on with this error on the display, does it not clear after a short while?

Ben

#11 Mavroz

Mavroz

odd job man...

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:29 PM

Not sure on the similarity between mpu5 and 6 (never had to work on mpu6) but when you remove a battery from an mpu5 board, there is a watchdog chip that needs re-setting before the board will initialise if the battery is then replaced.......

#12 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:23 PM

Not sure on the similarity between mpu5 and 6 (never had to work on mpu6) but when you remove a battery from an mpu5 board, there is a watchdog chip that needs re-setting before the board will initialise if the battery is then replaced.......

Really? I never recall that happening before, I've always just changed batteries, the machines gone through a reset, and then worked. Mind you I don't recall ever having to change a battery on MPU5, only really Scorpion boards, my Bar X and an old JPM Impact board which has a fair bit of battery damage!

Edited by Bencrest, 01 May 2013 - 05:23 PM.

Ben

#13 straekseims

straekseims

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 302 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:31 PM

I'm near kings Lynn mate :) nit far from you, but like fevernova says its fooked!

If someone can get me a v.2 on usb there will be a nice return waiting :) I can get a mpu6 for £80 and reprogramme is the same as alien so I can do that.

Il post a vid, all lights are green btw

#14 Mavroz

Mavroz

odd job man...

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:56 PM

Any use??

8.1.1 Programming 
 1.  Ensure that the power to the machine is switched off and then insert the USB stick into the USB 
(A) port on the MPU6 as shown in the image above.  
 2.  Switch the machine on and the MPU6 will now automatically read the contents of the USB key 
and display the first game file on the MPU6 LCD that is installed on the USB stick. 
 3.  If there is more than one game installed on the USB stick then it will be necessary to use the 
Down button (Second Button from the top) to navigate through the game files to display the 
required game to be installed. 
 4.  Once the required game file has been located press the Enter button (Third Button from top) to 
select the game and the MPU6 will now start the erasing process in preparation for the new 
game. The MPU6 LCD now shows a percentage of the erasure process completed. 
 5.  Once the memory has been fully erased the game software will now automatically load with a 
“programming” message on the MPU6 LCD showing a percentage programming process 
completed.  
 6.  Once programming is complete a verification progress will now begin with a message on the 
MPU6 LCD showing a percentage of the verification process completed. 
 7.  Once the MPU6 programming process has been finalised, the LCD display will now display 
“Remove USB stick to Continue”. Following removal of the USB stick the machine will now reset 
and programming is now complete. 
 8.  To ensure the machine retains the hopper float and encryption codes do not reset the 
machine until the machine has entered “door open” mode.  Now fully test the machines 
functionality before using the machine on site.

#15 straekseims

straekseims

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 302 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:21 PM

Thanks for the reply Fever, I did have to reprogramme Barcrest Alien the same way but that is on latest programme I think 0.4 (id like 3,2,or even rare as rocking horse V1) and have a flash card with p4 on so I did that when I got a new MPU5 board for it (for the same dam reason I may add lol ) I though id put about 300 through alien when it went wrong so i thought id put 150 through pacman after a im and then take ms...i got to about 130 and thats when the error happened :-( Its looking like if i can reset the board it may just work, or I need a new MPU6 with the progamme v.2 on or i need em seperate.

Just think of me as a test Pilot for MPU6 lol I Balls my fruits up so you dont have to :-)

this is how it is now...

#16 BIGBALLS

BIGBALLS

• New Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:25 PM

pacman downloaded from barcrest

Attached File  PPOW0_5.zip   21.59MB   80 downloads

#17 straekseims

straekseims

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 302 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:15 PM

Is that Pacman Power up? thats a later machine than mine i think if it is,

also It will be V0.3 if taken from Barcrest Web site at the moment. Its 0.2 I need ;-) many thanks for your reply mate

I Dont know if my unit will work nw its been "cleared"

#18 cgleisure

cgleisure

senior tech

• New Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:02 AM

i hate mpu 6 and the poxy dongles to get it in test mode 

#19 straekseims

straekseims

• New Members
  • Pip