Bgt Mini Wild Cherry Problems

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 wadey

wadey

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:08 PM

im very new to all this lot so please be gentle on me iv aquired a BGT wild mini wild cherry machine i was told it wouldnt accept coins and the keys had gone up the money shoot but when i plugged it before i moved it it came up with ram fault or something like that ,anyway chucked it in the van got it home turned it upside down shook it but couldnt get the keys out plugged it in again it then said system reset it then worked fine took coins etc etc
i switched it off to drill out the lock got the lock off opened the machine retreived the keys all going well so far then i plugged it in ' internal error' then was displayed on the screen i switched it on off a couple of times no better iv checked all the plugs and now it dose very little to be honest it just lights up with the ocasional click noise looks like the money in conters going up by itself?

can anyone help?????

*** Edit: Moved into Real Fruit Machine section from Knowledge Base Help & Advice - for better responses to new member ***

By Daryl

#2 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:28 AM

I'd say a loose plug somewhere?

RAM error will because the battery has gone flat, possibly because its been off for a long time or possibly because the battery is knackard.
I think these are MPU4 tech but im not too sure so il get back to you on that one :)

Internal error would usually mean a board problem, roms not plugged in or (again) a loose cable stopping the machine from booting up.

The clicking sound you can hear are the mechanicial meters which count money going in and out. Nothing to worry about just means there working when you turn the machine on.

Worst case senario is the boards knackard with the amount of errors that are popping up but it couldf all be down to one thing. Just give the machine a good checking over. Some pics would be nice :)

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

Quit Gambling as of 3rd of March 2012

#3 mr_santa

mr_santa

• New Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:32 AM

isn't BGT wild cherry a bartop machine?

#4 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:47 AM

Hardware on ALL BGT machines, is done by a Spanish company called Cirsa, and very little is known about these machines unfortunately.

When Cirsa could not make headway in the UK market, they upped sticks and left, selling all operations, support, etc to MDM in Cardiff.

Best bet is to contact Dave @ Mr P's Amusements for help / advice with this, as I know Dave has had this machine and it's sisters in before.

http://reelfruits.cr...m.com/index.php

Edited by stanmarsh14, 08 September 2012 - 10:47 AM.

#5 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:54 AM

Pic of the machine here.... Has to be said, I absolutely love this machine and want one, but the problem is that I have been offered two fully working ones (Including the one attached in this pic), but they are either too expensive for me, or located too far away for me to get it :(

Attached Files

Edited by stanmarsh14, 08 September 2012 - 10:55 AM.

#6 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:27 PM

Pic of the machine here.... Has to be said, I absolutely love this machine and want one, but the problem is that I have been offered two fully working ones (Including the one attached in this pic), but they are either too expensive for me, or located too far away for me to get it :(

That looks a very interesting machine mate... I have never seen one of them in real life before.

Were they popular? Or are they one of the Continental-style bandits?
All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

=======================================================

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

=======================================================

speed

#7 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:39 PM

That looks a very interesting machine mate... I have never seen one of them in real life before.

Were they popular? Or are they one of the Continental-style bandits?

This, along with it's sister Flamin' 7's, was very popular in it's day around Skegness, and especially so in The Tower Arcade, next to the clock tower.

Could remember one of them was f***ed, in that for every 10p win it paid out, it would give anything from 5p to £1 (Mostly £1), and I kept up with this for 3 days solid, only playing with £1 to get max return on my winnings :D

Certainly paid for quite a few beers when I was up at the Pevril B&B on Drummond Lane :D

One of the best 10p / £5JP machines I have ever played :)

Edited by stanmarsh14, 08 September 2012 - 12:40 PM.

#8 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:40 PM

The One of off ebay won yesterday?......I saw it too.

Welcome to the site, but in all honesty there's a 'hello' thread etc....bit rich 1st post after having been a member for 15 Mins is this.

Trolling the web for sites to assist I presume?

I know my post may be a bit 'offish', but thats as I see it.

FME is a friendly place ...... honest lol ...... but I hate this kind of thing if i'm honest.

#9 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:43 PM

I will say this for WC..... it's one of the better machines for finding replacement parts (Except the mainboard / PSU, which is one of Cirsa's) unlike some of BGT's stuff, as a lot of it is Starpoint / Gamesman based, and I think it uses a top loading MARS mech (Probs an MS / ME126, or a cashflow 126 variant).

Edited by stanmarsh14, 08 September 2012 - 12:45 PM.

#10 wadey

wadey

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:16 PM

First of all sorry I didn't post in the hello section secondly yea it was off eBay and I was looking for help with it and I'm sorry if iv offended anyone
i had a couple of machines when I was Younger they where full size things that worked when they wanted to but my dad gave them away my misses wouldn't let me get any but she's gone and now iv brought another one this one looked like a bit of a challenge not excepting coins but the problems over my head I'm afraid

iv had all the boards off and iv checked all the connectors nothing looks loose I moved it again this morning and now iv found a small electrical component? Possibly a diode ? Iv searched all 5 boards to find something missing but with no luck it occasionally says ram fault but most of the time it just lights up it's frustrating as I worked till I drilled the lock ?

And it looks just like the one in the picture that Stan has posted

Edited by wadey, 08 September 2012 - 03:18 PM.

#11 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:40 PM

No mate you didn't offend, nice of you to repost...

Welcome to the site and I hope you get the info you need........to say I wanted it is not true.......honest lol ;)

#12 jaybee

jaybee

Sun BURNT, Ouch!

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 262 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:13 PM

What price were the machines?

I fancy a road trip and obtaining one. I seen on in Matlock a year ago.

I would love a mini fruity but aint got the room!
Player three it's YOU!

#13 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:52 AM

What price were the machines?

I fancy a road trip and obtaining one. I seen on in Matlock a year ago.

I would love a mini fruity but aint got the room!

There was a non-working Flamin 7's in the arcade (Main sister machine to Wild Cherry, and just as good), next door to the Fishpond Pub in Matlock Bath a while back, but pretty sure Hall's have got rid of it :(

One I did get a price on ages back, was from one of the reg members at Fruit Forums, located in the middle of Norfolk, and I think he said his old man was getting rid for £150.

#14 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:55 AM

First of all sorry I didn't post in the hello section secondly yea it was off eBay and I was looking for help with it and I'm sorry if iv offended anyone
i had a couple of machines when I was Younger they where full size things that worked when they wanted to but my dad gave them away my misses wouldn't let me get any but she's gone and now iv brought another one this one looked like a bit of a challenge not excepting coins but the problems over my head I'm afraid

iv had all the boards off and iv checked all the connectors nothing looks loose I moved it again this morning and now iv found a small electrical component? Possibly a diode ? Iv searched all 5 boards to find something missing but with no luck it occasionally says ram fault but most of the time it just lights up it's frustrating as I worked till I drilled the lock ?

And it looks just like the one in the picture that Stan has posted

Yep, think on this you are going to struggle for help, as like with nearly all of BGT's gear, very few of us in FME know much about their kit mainboard wise, so your best chances are having a word with Dave at Mr P's, as he's had some of these cabs pass through his hands before.

Edited by stanmarsh14, 09 September 2012 - 02:55 AM.

#15 Mavroz

Mavroz

odd job man...

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 06:59 AM

There was one for sale on Ebay a week or so ago.

They are virtually un-fixable due to the spares being none existant.

Pretty sure the one on ebay was mentioned over at the Mecca as it was selling for very little money and it was said there that it would be nearly impossible to get parts.

#16 captainhaddock

captainhaddock

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:55 AM

what's the number on the mainboard? - if it's 960606 (maxamillion,ding dong bells,etc) I have a schematic for that as well as the instructions to clear the ram - which is power on - hold down start - turn off then back on again(still holding down the start button)

Dave.

#17 wadey

wadey

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:55 PM

The number on the main board is 910510-4 If that helps ?

#18 wadey

wadey

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:37 PM

Right iv found somewhere I think a bits missing but it almost looks like its got hot and dropped out the picture on the board is of a diode but the component iv got isnt I don't think and it's now broken in two so I can't try it and I don't wanna make it worse if it's not a diode the numbers on it are bzw 04p 5v 8b c612 it's black but dosent have the white stripe like a diode?

#19 Mavroz

Mavroz

odd job man...

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:40 AM

5.8v transient voltage supressor

Use in sensitive electronics protection against voltage
transients induced by inductive load switching and lighting
on ICs, MOSFET, signal lines of sensor units for consumer,
computer, industrial, and telecommunication.

Edited by fevernova, 10 September 2012 - 05:41 AM.

#20 wadey

wadey

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:58 AM

That wouldn't of gone where the diode is then now I'm back to square one !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users