9 replies to this topic

#1 NickYerPesos

NickYerPesos

OFFICIAL THREAD KILLER!!!

• Regulars
  • 989 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:09 PM

Hi guys
Please can you watch my video explaining the troubles I'm having with my deal or no deal machine.
Its really hard to explain so the video will visually explain it

Thanks

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=-dSyyX9Gbsw

#2 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:24 AM

Someone has crowbarred it open at some point presumably? I don't have one of those locking mechanisms at the moment, but one of the operators on here should be able to sort one out for you...

#3 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:07 PM

Direct link for the vid (Original link was for the mobile site, which uses rstp links)

http://www.youtube.c...Gbsw&nomobile=1

I'm with Alex, in that it's probs been forced open at one point (I had a BWB which gave me similar problems, but managed to put the lock back in order), and certainly the first part, appears to be bent, though you maybe able to get away without not replacing the slide catch, and with a good pair of mole grips or similar, poss able to bend the first part back in to shape.

Maybe worth mentioning your location, as you may have a able bodied member close to you, and folks will also need to know where to ship the part to.

Edited by stanmarsh14, 19 March 2012 - 12:12 PM.

#4 NickYerPesos

NickYerPesos

• Regulars
  • 989 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:42 PM

Thanks for the reply guys.. Yeh I've been looking on eBay and a few other places but cant seem to locate anything.. Bazpeep said he was taking apart several bellfruits, shame I didnt have this machine a few weeks ago, could've really helped.

I am living in Braintree area in Essex, if there is anyone close by, who may be able to help, that would be superb.

I'm not too fussed about pushing down to open it, but what do you reckon the chances are of breaking the glass when I'm pushing down on it.. That's all I'm really worried about tbh, plus if I sell it on, it would be nice not to have a dodgy lock haha.

Thanks guys

#5 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:08 PM

From what I see on the Vid, you should be ok, till you can source a replacement part, or somehow manage to crowbar it back right.

Just be sure to push on the metal framework only, and NOT the actual glass, so you don't end up shoving your hand through it.

Thanks for the reply guys.. Yeh I've been looking on eBay and a few other places but cant seem to locate anything.. Bazpeep said he was taking apart several bellfruits, shame I didnt have this machine a few weeks ago, could've really helped.

I am living in Braintree area in Essex, if there is anyone close by, who may be able to help, that would be superb.

I'm not too fussed about pushing down to open it, but what do you reckon the chances are of breaking the glass when I'm pushing down on it.. That's all I'm really worried about tbh, plus if I sell it on, it would be nice not to have a dodgy lock haha.

Thanks guys

#6 NickYerPesos

NickYerPesos

• Regulars
  • 989 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:04 PM

Lol yeh I was using the metal work to close it.

I've just been spending the last couple of hours dismantling the beast.. Taking all the metal work off the locking device.

Managed to bend it all back, I didn't realise quite how bad it was until I took it off.. But now I can open and close it, just by pushing slightly on the sliding part, rather than the door.. Which I think is better tbh..

Rather impressed that I have managed to fix three separate machines in the space of a week. All with different problems.. Fitting up new note acceptors and changing reels etc etc.. I actually find nothing more therapeutic than getting a spanner and screwdriver and fixing these buggers up.. Lol. Anyone know of any jobs going in fruity maintenance. Lol

Thanks for the advice guys.

#7 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:51 PM

Rather impressed that I have managed to fix three separate machines in the space of a week. All with different problems.. Fitting up new note acceptors and changing reels etc etc.. I actually find nothing more therapeutic than getting a spanner and screwdriver and fixing these buggers up.. Lol. Anyone know of any jobs going in fruity maintenance. Lol

You need to get yourself over to MPU Mecca then, though they generally deal with the repair / servicing of much older machines (Mostly mid / late 80's and older).

I've got this old Electromechanical based Maygay (5p play, £1JP), I'm currently fiddling with.... need to fix a gearbox on the reels, 2 set's of reel wiper blades, and that is the main part sorted, but the big job, will be a part cab rebuild (Water has gotten to it, turning the chipboard, to weetabix).

Some vids here, of my past and current machines: http://www.youtube.c...nmarsh14/videos (Some of these machines are for sale folks BTW, which are Frankie, Starprize, championship scoccer, Cash raider, On The Buses, and 2 x fight nights (One need a set of new glasses), but all fully boot up and work 100%.... if interested, drop me a PM).

The FruitFest vids, I will actually be going back to see all of those machines again on 9th June, and I get to play with the whole lot, along with consuming vast amounts of coffee and Bacon rolls :D

Whilst I am here, I am currently looking for a set of roms for a CRYSTAL (Not the JPM version), of Big Bucks idealy, or failing that, a set of JPM Big Bucks glasses.... I'm up near East Midlands Airport.

Edited by stanmarsh14, 19 March 2012 - 09:58 PM.

#8 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:08 AM

I'm not too fussed about pushing down to open it, but what do you reckon the chances are of breaking the glass when I'm pushing down on it..

Very remote to be honest. It's toughened glass like a car window, and it takes a lot to break it. In years of handling machines and (modern) glasses, even out of their frames, I have yet to break a toughened glass one unintentionally.

#9 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:48 AM

ive had this problem before. go right up to the lock and shout "no deal"

works a charm

#10 NickYerPesos

NickYerPesos

• Regulars
  • 989 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:01 PM

ive had this problem before. go right up to the lock and shout "no deal"

works a charm

Lmfao.. Wish I hadnt, When I did it, it spat out a penny and asked me "aww, how'd ya feel" :(

Edited by NickYerPesos, 20 March 2012 - 12:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users