Photo
- - - - -

I Hope Somebody Is Kind Enough To Help Me Get Things Going With Emulating?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 NUT

NUT

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 03:04 PM

(Not sure if it should be in this section either) please move if appropiate

It is fruit related folks. ;) OK I have included a whole DIR listing (as an attachment) of my current fruit folder but I am unsure where to go next. I know you need layouts but are the roms needed to go in the same folder too? Sounds so complicated!

Attached Files

#2 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2011 - 05:41 PM

yeah you need both the program and sound roms in the layout file in order for the games to run.All of the layouts will inlclude program and sound roms apart from the ones in the mfme 1.1 catergory.

#3 NUT

NUT

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 05:51 PM

What about this roms folder? I am unsure whether to extract that all into the layouts folder but tried that with winrar and it wanted me to overwrite some files. I also tried to extract each layout thing into their own sepearate folder

#4 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 05:58 PM

Now that IS complicated...i could sort all that out but it would take days to do so..and there are some ROMS that are useless..DOND etc.

Have a watch at that vid..and see if that helps any.
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#5 NUT

NUT

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 06:13 PM

Might want to go the complicated method. Some pointers would be helpful :)

#6 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:23 PM

make a directory fruit and extract you game of choice, load up the emulator (say mfme 10.1) and then scan the fruit directory. click and run said game. simple :)

#7 pilky

pilky

Banned

• Banned
  • 346 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:24 PM

ok qps ..who are you really that talk uptop is not from any newbie .. more like a disgruntled ex member that was banned
loves fruit machines ..any shape any size any colour

#8 pilky

pilky

Banned

• Banned
  • 346 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:56 PM

and qps get ya money out and pay for it .. if you not happy ..simples..
loves fruit machines ..any shape any size any colour

#9 NUT

NUT

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 10:45 PM

Didn;t mean to start world war 3.............................I will have a look at this more in the morning. This is not for me personally I am doing this for

#10 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:04 PM

Yes I'm an ex member, An ex, ex, ex, ex member. But I thought that was no secret. I'm Pussyliicker585, Swiftkidd, StaceyParish, Cabin_Fever & QPS.

HMMM barred, barred, barred, barred, almost barred.

#11 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:19 PM

The top 3 layout creators Tommy C, Pook and Ploggy have been on the scene for many years some decades that is what it takes at present to produce good quality layouts for me that is to much off a commitment

So my layouts that you have downloaded are shit? pook and ploggy both joined in 2003 and tommy c in 2005. It don't take decades to become a good layout creator just patience and about a year to perfect it. The first layout I did was crap, the second not so crap and they got better. Some are not too good due to the artwork we have to work with. I can't believe some of the shite that come out of your keyboard man. Get a grip FFS , and openly saying your here just to leach all the layouts we have wont get you anyware fast will it. You have already been banned 4 times and probably more and your saying stuff like this, your nuts m8.

#12 cashbox1

cashbox1

The furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2553 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:35 AM

you showed remarkable self restraint there rob mate ;) im afraid i wouldnt have spared this bell end at all and would have given him a volley of what he deserves - the four king twat :D

Einstein`s theory of FME 90 downloads = 3 thanks

#13 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:39 AM

Weres this post you quoting rh i can't see a post for 11.49? Edit to just echo your post,yeah the first lot of layouts i did were shit,wonky cabs and eye bleeding lamps,i still do the odd wonky cab every now and then ;) it doesn't take years to become a creator it just takes patience and alot of it with certin layouts.Samson81 is an example he had a tinker with making a classic for a couple of weeks then he had a go at dxing and has produced two layouts since.

Edited by Tommy c, 03 October 2011 - 06:44 AM.

#14 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:02 AM

One of us has made QPS's posts non-visable Tommy..rightly so too if i'm asked!

I'll pm it to you mate, give me 5 mins.

#15 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:07 AM

i expect this is why a lot of layout designers have thrown the in towel and walked out cause of those remarks i,m and plenty more aren,t complaining the complete opposite there,s alot of work and expertise involed in doing these for us to enjoy i can only just clean flyers up at the moment thats only a tiny piece of the puzzle maybe one day about 10yrs i,ll be able to produce a layout only a bit as good as even the crappiest 1,s on here until then i,m grateful for what i can have even the crappy 1,s lol
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#16 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:15 AM

i expect this is why a lot of layout designers have thrown the in towel and walked out cause of those remarks i,m and plenty more aren,t complaining the complete opposite there,s alot of work and expertise involed in doing these for us to enjoy i can only just clean flyers up at the moment thats only a tiny piece of the puzzle maybe one day about 10yrs i,ll be able to produce a layout only a bit as good as even the crappiest 1,s on here until then i,m grateful for what i can have even the crappy 1,s lol

Like tommy said vectra it just takes al lot of patience when making layouts esp DX's they are very fiddly with all the work you have to do in photoshop and paint. This is my first layout, take a look and see how shite it was (download link below). If it wasn't for the other layout creators who spent all that time with me (baz1379, ady and HT6) I would still be none the wiser. I just think that I came in at the right time when there was still plenty to do and when MFME 9.4 was leaked that made for a rush of new layouts and layout creators like tommyc and bruce george. I would say that i have to disagree with what QPS said that any layout creator was better than another as we all have our own style and it would be unfair to the others. Some like to be like a car factory line and bang out layout after layout and some like to just do one every few weeks/months or just the machines they like. Myself I like to take it easy ;)

http://www.fruit-emu...zomas-nudge-it/

Posted Image

#17 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:58 AM

Heres my first layout :D bare in mind i'd never used photoshop in my life untill attemting to produce this,yeah everyone likes to work at there own pace,me i like things to get sorted just like in the real world,i don't like to mess about i thibk the saying goes.Of course this can cause errors from time to time,but no,ones perfect ;)

Attached File  untitled.PNG   1022.6KB   17 downloads

#18 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:37 PM

i,ve got both of them layouts they seam ok to me as the saying goes "practice makes perfect" hopefully that'll answer Qps,s post,s and this topic can get back on track, thats helping another newbie become a layout fruity designer like you guys and eventually one day be as good as you maybe qps should give it a go he,ll find out how hard it is to do until that day may you guys keep producing good quality dx,s for years to come
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#19 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:53 PM

i,ve got both of them layouts they seam ok to me as the saying goes "practice makes perfect" hopefully that'll answer Qps,s post,s and this topic can get back on track, thats helping another newbie become a layout fruity designer like you guys and eventually one day be as good as you maybe qps should give it a go he,ll find out how hard it is to do until that day may you guys keep producing good quality dx,s for years to come

QPS wont be making any more posts.

#20 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 04:43 PM

lol here's mine....I remember the hours that Hurtand spent on the phone, MSN and via remote assistance the bloke gave me.

What was I thinking with that side-art???? hahaha....

Went a little OTT as I was so chuffed at having 'done-One'

Attached Files

• Attached File  cm.JPG   103.4KB   26 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users