• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:08 PM

Yeah I know this has been done time and time again (what's your fave)...but so has the 'where's the DOND machine' within the forums lol.

Been looking at the Mecca's Gallery and saw this blast....its only when I think where and with whom I was with it really runs home as to just how 'old' these classics really are!

EWS must be amonst every late 30's folk One of...no....the best machine of the era.

Attached Files

• Attached File  ews.JPG   30.42KB   60 downloads

#2 subby

subby

• Regulars
  • 196 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:19 PM

Has to be Monopoly 60 for me.
Posted Image

#3 Guest_DAD_*

Guest_DAD_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:31 PM

Wrong lol

Never really liked this machine for some reason, can't really put my finger on it but I certainly know what you mean by instantly transporting you back to your youth.

The machines that do it for me are Lite a Nudge, Eachway Nudger, Nudge double Up and of course my all time favourite Poolplay!

Any Carfield machine too for that matter, such as 2p Gambler & Frenzy!

#4 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:36 PM

This was definitely a classic machine. Preferred the 5p/blue version to this. Couldn't really afford to play the 10p play machines back then. We were so close to seeing it emulated as well. I even made a couple of backgrounds for it in readiness for the MFME update. Won't be seeing it for a while now though I fear. :(

EDITED TO ADD 5 MOST WANTED: If MFME did get updated, it would have supported 3/5 of the machines I would like to see emulated the most.

1: Crazy Crocs
2: Monte Carlo Or Bust
3: Screenplay
4: Masterspy
5: Cashpoint

Attached Files

Edited by ploggy, 30 August 2011 - 06:46 PM.

This be my stuff ----------> http://www.fruit-emu...wnloads&mid=301

#5 Guest_DAD_*

Guest_DAD_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:05 PM

Looks superb too Ploggy!!

#6 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:11 PM

Yeah. At least they've been done when SRU does get released, mate. Whenever that may be. :)

Got backgrounds prepared for Lite-A-Nudge as well sitting in my WIP folders. How did you get on with those Eachway Nudger pictures? Did you get them finished off?
This be my stuff ----------> http://www.fruit-emu...wnloads&mid=301

#7 Guest_DAD_*

Guest_DAD_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:21 PM

Yeah. At least they've been done when SRU does get released, mate. Whenever that may be. :)

Got backgrounds prepared for Lite-A-Nudge as well sitting in my WIP folders. How did you get on with those Eachway Nudger pictures? Did you get them finished off?

Yeah sort of but were a different stake to what i really wanted. Still got them tucked away safe though, ready to go when we've an emu to use them with lol

#8 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:52 PM

as i,m not as old as you lot i suppose the oldest one i remember playin was blue or cash streak or nudge money (which is dx,ed but can,t find it anywhere,if anyone has this can you PM it cheers) i used to win loads outta blue streak 50p repeater £2jp wow big money lol but could get it to repeat 10x not badfor a 2p machine used to play em down burnham on sea when i worked in holiday camp for a while had about half a dozen in a row 2p a go seems a long way away now £2 a go happydays
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#9 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:12 PM

Of the JPM's of that era is was nudge double up / nudge double up deluxe for me. Having the melons drop in and hold 5 or 6 times really focusses the mind.

What was the JPM machine of that era that had the numbers on the reels and they had to add to more than 5 so you got any nudges and a toal of 6 represented 1 nudge, 7 made 2 nudges etc up to 10 which gave you 5 nudges. You could then gamble the nudges to a max of 10 and then shuffle if a win wasn't close enough. I found this one incredibly tight. Rumour had it it gave random nudges and had a nudge stop button built in and everything, but I never saw it give out random nudges ever. And if you did shuffle from nudges it invariably bought in 2 bloody cherries for 10 / 20 pence. Memories.... So what was it guys??

bj

#10 andy-1

andy-1

Layout Creator

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1987 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:10 PM

My fave is Cops n Robbers the red version sadly though no arcades have them :( well that is until mr p opens the second arcade

The machines i would like to see if a emulator gets released that will run them are
Crazy crocs
Frank n stein
Danger zone

#11 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:17 PM

they got the red one £6jp in weston super mare in olymipia,s i think it,s called might be 5p play
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#12 andy-1

andy-1

Layout Creator

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1987 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:52 PM

Thanks for the info Vectra i was away in wales at the weekend and in all the arcades i went in the only older machines i could find were Donkey Kong, Thrills and Spills, and a roller coaster.

The list i posted earlier there used to be at least 1 of these machines in the arcades

#13 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:27 AM

Totally agree, One day guy's...One day..

#14 saynowt

saynowt

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 473 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:50 AM

this is my all time favorite fruit machine

Posted Image

not really like lol its this one

Posted Image
along with a mid nineties machine called super bells and thirdly a toss up between line up and nudge double up deluxe

Attached Files

Edited by saynowt, 31 August 2011 - 07:52 AM.

#15 topshaun

topshaun

• New Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:54 PM

i agree with barcrest junky, nudge double up deluxe was my fav, along with light a nudge,super ews, the rebuilds should never have happend. i think the machine in question was something like plus nugde or nudge shuffle! oh and carfields jumping jack if anyone remembers that!

#16 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:37 PM

i agree with barcrest junky, nudge double up deluxe was my fav, along with light a nudge,super ews, the rebuilds should never have happend. i think the machine in question was something like plus nugde or nudge shuffle! oh and carfields jumping jack if anyone remembers that!

Top man. Nudge shuffle does sound right. BJ goes off in search of piccies.....

bj

P.s. The machine did used to be a right git to me,but some couldn't leave it alone.

#17 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:47 PM

5-6 holds........nooooo way.....

You serious?

Never did I get that run :(

#18 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:40 PM

You serious?

Serious Ady - it went off it's tits. Coin tray was nicely covered. Happy days. I'm a Barcrest man myself but did like a punt on NDU. Well I say happy days - gambling still cost me £20k or so over 8 years, back when it was 10p play, so maybe not so happy. Truth of the matter is I would probably do the same thing over agin if given the choice, Shows me for being the muppet!

bj

#19 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 01:32 PM

You serious?

strike a light (old barcrest £3 jp) i had no less than FIFTHTEEN hold on 5+5+5, though the machine went empty on about the 10th he let me play on, chink chink chink of the empty tube was heard all over the arcade. they eventually gave me a cloth bag with £45 in 20p token in.. fantastic

#20 topshaun

topshaun

• New Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 05:09 PM

i got 6 holds once on ndud but that was rare for me lol,usually 2-3,liked its big bro Double Top too! cant say i ever won on ews (blue) saw the glass broke a few times by angry punters prob getting less than they needed on nudges for JP and thumping it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users