3 replies to this topic

#1 youbrokeit

youbrokeit

sdrawkcab tib elttil A

• New Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 04:51 PM

Hi all,

Been a while since I've been here - but I'm back again, and in need of a little advice if you can help.

The machine in question is an ElectroCoin Bar-X type. It's a front-opener, the main-board seems fixed to the back panel.

I've had to butcher a couple to make one "good" machine, however, all I get when I power it on now is "nA" error - logic would say that this is a Note Acceptor fault - the fault being, there isn't one. There was one in the old cab, but this is beyond any repair. Sadly the 'donor' cab that's got the new insides doesn't have the notey, nor does it have a loom for one.

So my question is a simple one - although difficult without a manual!! How can I "inform" the board that it doesn't have - and shouldn't look for - a note acceptor?

Thanks, as ever, for help :)

ybi

#2 youbrokeit

youbrokeit

sdrawkcab tib elttil A

• New Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:30 PM

Sure someone must have come across this? A little bump, not that I'm impatient... I'm just... eager ;)

#3 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 09:12 PM

Could be a dip switch setting, Just go through them seeing if any make a differnce, you cant damage the machine by doing this, the worst it will do is not boot up.

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

Quit Gambling as of 3rd of March 2012

#4 youbrokeit

youbrokeit

sdrawkcab tib elttil A

• New Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:58 AM

Hey Cardie

Long time!!

Nah, DIP switches was the first place I looked.

It must be something on a loom, or the way the coinmech is wired or something, because there's an identical machine (which I've been using for reference), it has the note acceptor, but even when it's completely disconnected, the machine still works fine.

To be honest, I'm much more familiar with MPU3,4,5 and EPOCH, and don't even really recognise this huge board in these units... what tech are they, anyway?!?!

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users