• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:41 AM

Anyone agree with me that this is just well out of fkin order..

I know most journalists would 'do anything' for a story..but there is a line and they just crossed it big time , the 7/7 victims families , Milly Dowlers phone , Holly and Jessica ? how fkin sick is that..

I mean surely as a 'human being' even if you were told to do it by your boss..ethics would kick in and you would say...sorry i just dont want to be a part of that..

Everyone in the UK should boycott the NOTW and never buy it again (not that i do..cos its a load of shite) hurt them in their back pockets big time and force them out of business.
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#2 cliffc

cliffc

• Regulars
  • 946 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:07 PM

Anyone agree with me that this is just well out of fkin order..

I know most journalists would 'do anything' for a story..but there is a line and they just crossed it big time , the 7/7 victims families , Milly Dowlers phone , Holly and Jessica ? how fkin sick is that..

I mean surely as a 'human being' even if you were told to do it by your boss..ethics would kick in and you would say...sorry i just dont want to be a part of that..

Everyone in the UK should boycott the NOTW and never buy it again (not that i do..cos its a load of shite) hurt them in their back pockets big time and force them out of business.

Hi

I have to agree that this phone hacking larky has now gone way to far ok when it was some celebs, sports stars, and politions, thay choose to put themselves in the public eye allthough hacking there phones is still illgeal.

But to hack the phones of members of the public who were put in the spotlight through no choice of there own, is beyond a joke, and not only that but doing this may have also harmed the police investiagions into the crimes, this time there has to be actions both aginst the individulals involved but also against the owners of the Newspapers not only the NOTW but the others that seem to have been involved, and if the NOTW was involved then you can be sure the Sun was also up to the same tricks.

Allthough not buying the papers will hit them in the pockets, the real way to hit them is for the big advertisers to remove there advertising not only from the NOTW but from all of the News International group news papers.

Regards

Cliff C

#3 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:52 PM

allthough hacking there phones is still illgeal.

Ah but they have money for expensive lawyers, so it wont matter. Someone will lobby (bribe) the goverment, and all will be swept under the carpet.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#4 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2011 - 02:19 PM

Was having this discussion with the wife the other day,me personally think it's bang out of order,especially with the young girls that were murdered,who the f*** do they think they are messing with people lifes like that.As for the celebs they can go and take a running jump,don't give a flying hooter wether they get hacked or not,most of em are snooty twats anyway.

#5 jim2311

jim2311

Genius

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 04:28 PM

One of the B******* involved in the scandal had the audacity to ask for the privacy of his family to be respected.
Today some ex cop tried to justify the police taking money to pass on information on the grounds that it is in the publics interest that they both co-operate with each other. Nonsense, such information would be freely available to all media across the board. Any police involved in taking money for information on any subject should be kick out the force with a dishonorable discharge, and if not charged with any offence, should at least be pursued by the tax man for not declaring it as unearned income.

#6 Darienne

Darienne

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 337 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 05:18 PM

What gets me though is how did they get the phone numbers of the victims ?

Also it is not really hacking - you simply phone someone up (they must have their answerphone active) and when it goes through to the answer phone either dial "0000" or "1234" to gain access to the messages...... it is simply using the default answerphone retrival code used by all phone operators.

#7 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 09:34 PM

i think in all newpapaer scandals we almost expect the papparazi to get away with murder, or the newpapaers just throw hundreds of thousands at the top lawyers in the business.

in this case, the crime is so vile and nasty that the prime minister should put new rules into effect and lockup the culprits. as for the NOTW paper for endirsing such actions. they should close the plant.

#8 hurricane

hurricane

• Regulars
  • 734 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 03:51 PM

BREAKING NEWS.

News of the World closes this sunday. This sunday will be it's last ever edition.

#9 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:14 PM

BREAKING NEWS.

News of the World closes this sunday. This sunday will be it's last ever edition.

Good News to bad rubbish thats what i say...better off in the fkin gutter where they belong.
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#10 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:43 PM

BREAKING NEWS.

Here it is

#11 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:52 PM

What law have they actually broken. I understand what they did is unethical and abhorrent but what crime has been committed - invasion of privacy?

bj

#12 Johnnyafc

Johnnyafc

#Lapsed

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1590 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 05:43 PM

Total shite paper anyway - id rather of read the sunday sport, tho thats gone tits up too :wideeyed:
Posted Image

#13 Johnnyafc

Johnnyafc

#Lapsed

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1590 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:29 AM

Posted Image

#14 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:47 AM

Yes, if there was any doubt that the Murdoch's was "bent" in any way in their many companies in News International (Includes Faux News), this should make it very clear that they can NOT be trusted at all, to be honest, and forthright with their words.

Makes me wonder how this deal with taking over BskyB will pan out now, with all this crap.

I bet Richard Branson (Virgin Media), and arch rival to BskyB, (which BTW is already part owned by News International) has got the biggest grin out today.

#15 hurricane

hurricane

• Regulars
  • 734 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:13 PM

Watching that song above, makes me hope that mock the week shred's them to pieces.

#16 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:51 PM

Watching that song above, makes me hope that mock the week shred's them to pieces.

Heh, will have to watch that, and I bet Have I Got News For you, would also join in.

Shame Frankie Boyle is no longer doing it, as I am sure he will have his special ways of ripping em a new one :D

When are they next on?

EDIT..... ello, was one on last night (BBC iPlayer): http://www.bbc.co.uk...rammes/p00hlxhz

Edited by stanmarsh14, 08 July 2011 - 01:25 PM.

#17 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:17 PM

Wonder when this would happen.....

News International grabs SunOnSunday.co.uk domain

.....and you though the government was good on spin.

Edited by stanmarsh14, 11 July 2011 - 01:18 PM.

#18 superbank

superbank

Antagonist

• Gold Supporters
  • 567 posts

Donator

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:20 PM

Gutter press. Good f*****g riddance!

#19 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:00 PM

Looks like Murdoch got what he wanted....

Hunt refers News Corp/BSkyB bid to Competition Commish

#20 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:09 AM

Up to date info, surrounding Murdoch

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14045952

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users