#1 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:37 AM

i again another problem can someone solve for me... when ive downloaded certain machines (mainly barcest ones) then reload them i get the message "wrong characteristic id chip" or something of that discription preventing the game being loaded up how can i alter this.... and i said this before and i know itll take time but would it be a good idea to have a problem solved forum where if youve a problem like this or alarms going of you could look it up and resolve it instead of askin many thanks 4 help anyway
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#2 hitthesix

hitthesix

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3382 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:49 AM

i again another problem can someone solve for me... when ive downloaded certain machines (mainly barcest ones) then reload them i get the message "wrong characteristic id chip" or something of that discription preventing the game being loaded up how can i alter this.... and i said this before and i know itll take time but would it be a good idea to have a problem solved forum where if youve a problem like this or alarms going of you could look it up and resolve it instead of askin many thanks 4 help anyway

Do you mean " wrong sound error" ? if so hit the "start button" and it clears the error.

#3 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:59 AM

no i mean "wrong charcteristic id, or wrong id chip " is it the character numbers in the configurement file in the game itself about 4numbers and a couple of letters that sound one i can solve thanks

#4 gemini17

gemini17

GOLD Supporter

• Regulars
  • 1751 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:07 PM

no i mean "wrong charcteristic id, or wrong id chip " is it the character numbers in the configurement file in the game itself about 4numbers and a couple of letters that sound one i can solve thanks

I was getting that alot till HTS helped me out-When you download the files are you putting each game into its own folder.
Some of the games download in 1 file others have the gam,rom and dat files all seperate.
These when you put into the layout folder of the emu(MFME,JPM BFM etc)need to go into a new folder or file.
Then rename the folder as the game-all should work fine then.

Jay

Edited by gemini17, 21 February 2011 - 12:08 PM.

#5 hitthesix

hitthesix

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3382 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:15 PM

I was getting that alot till HTS helped me out-When you download the files are you putting each game into its own folder.
Some of the games download in 1 file others have the gam,rom and dat files all seperate.
These when you put into the layout folder of the emu(MFME,JPM BFM etc)need to go into a new folder or file.
Then rename the folder as the game-all should work fine then.

Jay

Yes that's exactly my point in his "other thread" when you download games,e.g "clockwork oranges" you simply choose " extract to" - "clock work oranges", that creates a new folder containing all the files for "that one game". repeat with all your other games, i.e seperate folders.

#6 gemini17

gemini17

GOLD Supporter

• Regulars
  • 1751 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:17 PM

Yes that's exactly my point in his "other thread" when you download games,e.g "clockwork oranges" you simply choose " extract to" - "clock work oranges", that creates a new folder containing all the files for "that one game". repeat with all your other games, i.e seperate folders.

Its easy done-its all learning-but thankfully we have great support and help with you guys.
:notworthy:

#7 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:24 PM

thanks for all the advice ill try and have a go later see what happens

#8 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:24 PM

Well theres his answer mate,if he's extracting em all in the same folder i'm suprised anything loads at all,that proberbly why the bad chr alarm keeps flashing up.

#9 hitthesix

hitthesix

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3382 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:34 PM

Well theres his answer mate,if he's extracting em all in the same folder i'm suprised anything loads at all,that proberbly why the bad chr alarm keeps flashing up.

Yaeh thats exactly what the problem was. :)

#10 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:26 PM

so i have a folder on lappy called fruitmachines with all the mfmes and fruities in it.. so when i download a game (x factor) i extract into a new folder then rename that folder the game ive just downloaded ie xfactor. then do i put the new folder just made into the fruit machine folder already on lappy then will it come up as a little folder in alphabetical order with rest

#11 hitthesix

hitthesix

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3382 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:50 PM

so i have a folder on lappy called fruitmachines with all the mfmes and fruities in it.. so when i download a game (x factor) i extract into a new folder then rename that folder the game ive just downloaded ie xfactor. then do i put the new folder just made into the fruit machine folder already on lappy then will it come up as a little folder in alphabetical order with rest

No need ro "rename"............. download the games to your fruitmachines folder, then unzip/ select " exctract to" (name of game e.g ex factor" it then " creates the game folder" ( x factor) when you do that.

Attached Files

#12 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 21 February 2011 - 02:11 PM

thanks once again for your help i,ll try that when i finish work laters maybe the pictures you put on this topic could be put on a knowledge or tutorial page so other people who are a bit dim like me on computers could look it up and follow the proceedures given thanks let you know if ive done it right or not later

#13 gemini17

gemini17

GOLD Supporter

• Regulars
  • 1751 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 02:40 PM

No need ro "rename"............. download the games to your fruitmachines folder, then unzip/ select " exctract to" (name of game e.g ex factor" it then " creates the game folder" ( x factor) when you do that.

Mine goes throgh winrar hts and when in the layout folder i create a new folder then have to rename that folder to the game-or they would marked new folder1 2 etc

Jay

Edited by gemini17, 21 February 2011 - 02:40 PM.

#14 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2011 - 03:02 PM

Mine goes throgh winrar hts and when in the layout folder i create a new folder then have to rename that folder to the game-or they would marked new folder1 2 etc

Jay

When your extracting use this option to extract em it will automaticaly create the folder so as hit the six said you don't have to do no renaming.

Attached Files

#15 Guest_DAD_*

Guest_DAD_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2011 - 04:39 PM

Ah! That explains the post in my shoutbox lol

#16 gemini17

gemini17

GOLD Supporter

• Regulars
  • 1751 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:31 PM

When your extracting use this option to extract em it will automaticaly create the folder so as hit the six said you don't have to do no renaming.

Mine dont show like that matey-When I click on extract to-It brings up the folders/drives on me pc-so i then select the program files then the fruit machine emu then the layouts-and finaly new folder-then i replace the name of the folder with the game name.
It works what I do anyhow even if I do have to pass go on the monopoly board t :biglaugh: wice!!!!

Edited by gemini17, 21 February 2011 - 08:31 PM.

#17 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:41 PM

i,ve tried everything still can,t bleeding do it just have to make do with the emu,s i,ve got i suppose bliming computers i did do a new file thing but everytime i loaded game it came up with no roms cause the roms "roms hex!" aren,t with the rest of the layout parts

#18 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:02 PM

i,ve tried everything still can,t bleeding do it just have to make do with the emu,s i,ve got i suppose bliming computers i did do a new file thing but everytime i loaded game it came up with no roms cause the roms "roms hex!" aren,t with the rest of the layout parts

look-up the thread at hts's diagrams.

#19 jim2311

jim2311

Genius

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:57 PM

Give the guys some more info and they may be able to point you towards a solution, so...
What fruity gives you the problem, and was it downloaded from here, and what emu are you attempting to run it with. What OS are you using. A little more detail can make a lot of difference.

As for extracting files we all have our preferred methods to reach the same goal. I use Firefox as my browser and that automatically puts all downloads into a "Download Folder" of its own creation. I then use "Extract Here" and a named folder is created containing all the files. On the few occasions when it does not create a folder but extracts several files I just pop them into a new folder and rename it.

#20 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2011 - 12:44 AM

I cant see how your getting this mixed up it's so easy. Watch this video................

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users