- - - - -

Gamestech Machines In Pubs Clubs

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2010 - 10:22 AM

In October I went to a club with some friends they had a DOND that was new in so decided to go have a play. It was dropping and very very happy offering £40 on the cash stack. I only play for the MS on this machine so carried on anyways £150 later still no MS but the cash ladder was now going to £70 and it was offering the DOND features every board. Then at last it said cash or bust will be MS so decided to play on till I got a ?. Landed on the ? and went to take the COB. To my horror it didn't work so tried it a few more times then asked my GF to go get the manager. He was only at the bar so came over. He tried it also and it was still not working. I explained to him that it was going to be the mega streak which gives a minimum of £70 and I ended up having to hit the start button which of course gave game over. I asked him to stay and see if it did it again so it starts giving red box's when spinning the reels and if you get a line it opens the DOND board up at the start of the game. I managed to get into the center squares and kept landing on BIG DEAL which pumps up the box amounts and adds features and cash to the ladders. Anyways after playing for a good 7 minutes I had managed to get all the red box's to £70 and all but 2 of the blue box's to £70 so said to the manager I'm bound to be offered £70 I would take it and call it a day. So i hit the DOND button and fcuk me that didn't work. So you can imagine the torrent of abuse that came out my mouth. The manager didn't look happy so turned off the machine. He said come back in a few days after the guys been to fix it.

Anyways I go back a week later for a night out and speak to him and he said that the guy said there was nothing on the meters to say that the machine had paid short. So I had to explain to him that it would not be on the meters because I was not able to collect the win in the first place. I asked him to get in touch with Gamestech and explain what he had seen and that he had seen it offer me £70 which he did. He said he got no reply so then I decided to email them telling them what happend on what date. I got a reply the same day saying my email will be passed on to the correct department and if I didn't hear back within a few days to get back in touch with her. I left it another week and still no reply so called them and was told that the lady who sent the email was on sick so tried to call again a week later and spoke to a guy who seemed very helpful. He went and got the records for the repair on the machine and told me that a board had gone causing all the buttons on the top of the machine to fail. He said he would take my phone number and get back to me after talking to the manager at the night club, that was over 10 days ago now.

I don't know if to give up on this as its dragging and it seems like gamestech don't care. I just want to know where I stand with this because they have said that the board had gone, a manager did witness it? Not only that but there have been so many problems with the machines in the club even the manager said he was sick of it.

Anyways whats your thoughts......

#2 fruitsnappa

fruitsnappa

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1304 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 10:54 AM

Doubt you'll get anything out of Gamestec. I know this pic isn't Deal Or No Deal but i think it's displayed on all machines now.

Attached Files

#3 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 11:59 AM

Doubt you'll get anything out of Gamestec. I know this pic isn't Deal Or No Deal but i think it's displayed on all machines now.

So i take it that them more or less saying...listen m8..if the machine fks up while your playing it..there is nothing we can do about it....

So if ye had £80 or £90 in your bank and pressed collect and the hopper jammed or summat..and no cash came out...you wouldnt get it ? fk that !!! youd be livid..another reason not to play them anymore.
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#4 voodoomau5

voodoomau5

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 12:01 PM

why let him turn it off if you were being offered 70 stack?

#5 gambogaz1

gambogaz1

• Regulars
  • 612 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:53 PM

So i take it that them more or less saying...listen m8..if the machine fks up while your playing it..there is nothing we can do about it....

So if ye had £80 or £90 in your bank and pressed collect and the hopper jammed or summat..and no cash came out...you wouldnt get it ? fk that !!! youd be livid..another reason not to play them anymore.

Thats completly different, the win in that instance is registered, meters effected % effected so a hopper malfunction is provn and payout cleared as the machine will play like it's paid out £80 or £90 once fixed.

In RH's case the machine in itself (Roms e,t,c) are working fine, it's a malfunction of top buttons which need repairing but once repaired the machine will not play any differently.

As pointed out you should have collected a JP because you don't have any grounds for a claim. All this chasing will be in vain, someone will have got very lucky playing that once fixed.

#6 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:06 PM

Thats completly different, the win in that instance is registered, meters effected % effected so a hopper malfunction is provn and payout cleared as the machine will play like it's paid out £80 or £90 once fixed.

In RH's case the machine in itself (Roms e,t,c) are working fine, it's a malfunction of top buttons which need repairing but once repaired the machine will not play any differently.

As pointed out you should have collected a JP because you don't have any grounds for a claim. All this chasing will be in vain, someone will have got very lucky playing that once fixed.

Ahhhh...i see..i thought there would have been different circumstances but wasnt too sure.

aye Rob..i wouldnt hold my breath on this one..they will drag thier heels and use everything in the book to get out of giving you anything.

#7 jim2311

jim2311

Genius

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 05:10 PM

Personally, given the evidence, I think you should be compensated. This is not a case of someone approaching the management and crying foul after the event, or trying a scam. You drew the problem to the managers’ attention who then allowed you to continue playing until he witnessed the machine fail.
The engineers report has confirmed that the machine was indeed defective, and that, along with the managers’ confirmation of the events, should be sufficient for Gamestech to pay up.
Don’t give up just yet. A few more phone calls or emails and you never know....the Banker may make you an offer…..but don’t hold your breath.

#8 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 05:21 PM

why let him turn it off if you were being offered 70 stack?

Aye..was thinkin that myself..if it was JP happy why didnt you just take the £70 from the cash stack then maybe another £20 or £30 from afterplay then called it a day.

Might not have been as much as it owed you from the MS or whatever...but at least you woulda got something back from it.

#9 Chopaholic

Chopaholic

Manx Muppet

• Regulars
  • 220 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 05:37 PM

I wouldn't have let him turn it off, and either collected a £70 cash stack + afters or waited for a GO ALL THE WAY and gambled out the squares on the board which 'force collects' mega streak.

Anything other than letting him turn it off TBH :confused:

Fruit machine emulation YouTube shenanigans - https://www.youtube....c/DegsyDegworth

#10 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 06:26 PM

ive seen just shy of £500 put in a DOND before it showed the first jp - that sint repeat :(

#11 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:56 PM

Just tried to contact them today as I received an email from them. No one but reception staff are at gamestech HQ due to sever snow in Leeds. Will keep on pestering them tho.

#12 mc_christopher

mc_christopher

• New Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:46 AM

Why didn't you just colect the £70 off the ladder? It's very rare you get more than £70 on MS anyway, the most I've ever got is £72 and the most I've ever seen is £78 on DOND since they turned to £70JP.

#13 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:54 PM

Why didn't you just colect the £70 off the ladder? It's very rare you get more than £70 on MS anyway, the most I've ever got is £72 and the most I've ever seen is £78 on DOND since they turned to £70JP.

So you have never seen it go for 3 jackpots on MS?

#14 James

James

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 263 posts

Donator

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:13 PM

I've seen 2, then another 70 from the MS from the next GATW board.
Never 3 in the one run.

#15 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:27 PM

I had a mad streak on a barcrest £70 one in one club, got 2 x £70 on streak then it gave another flat £70 then loads of after play for another £100. It was the darts one I think.

#16 cgleisure

cgleisure

senior tech

• New Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:53 PM

if the machine is rented by the site id say its not down to gametech to pay you
it would be down to the site to pay you out then they could complain to gamestec who then could refund the site by placing credit onto the sites account

#17 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2010 - 07:21 AM

if the machine is rented by the site id say its not down to gametech to pay you
it would be down to the site to pay you out then they could complain to gamestec who then could refund the site by placing credit onto the sites account

They did that last year, the machine messed up owing me £102. The manages had to turn the machine off but before he could it just went dead. He saw how much was in the bank so paid me the £100 the next day. It then took him 6 months to get the money from gamestech because the machine went into meltdown or something because all memory was lost and there was no bank when they too it away to fix it. So I think they didn't do it this time because they don't want to wait that long to get their money back.

#18 mc_christopher

mc_christopher

• New Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:13 AM

No, did you not read my post?

#19 cgleisure

cgleisure

senior tech

• New Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:21 PM

They did that last year, the machine messed up owing me £102. The manages had to turn the machine off but before he could it just went dead. He saw how much was in the bank so paid me the £100 the next day. It then took him 6 months to get the money from gamestech because the machine went into meltdown or something because all memory was lost and there was no bank when they too it away to fix it. So I think they didn't do it this time because they don't want to wait that long to get their money back.

gamestec are shit anyway thats why they lose so many freehouse sites
one site we took of them had waited 2 weeks for an engineer to unjam a pool table

there is nothing to stop them from giving you sod all
if you look most places have a sign saying stake money only will be refunded in case of malfuntion
others have signs saying you play the machines at your own risk

#20 Starleisure

Starleisure

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 265 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:47 PM

Without trying to offend anyone, unless the money was banked its not a win.

Now ofc i know you can get wins that may not be put into the bank due to faults, but awps have always been" play at your own risk or malfunction voids credits and wins"

Please note im not saying i agree with the above comments, but there displayed on every awp and have been for the past few years.

In my opinion you should never have the machine switched off untill its been seen by a staff member, and if you can keep the machine switched on untill someone can see the fault from that company, ofc being gamestec that could end up being days or weeks, lol.

You have to realise awps can go wrong, plus most of us that opperate them dont play them, so telling us a MS should give £££ would not mean anything to us, unless seen by a staff member.

I think a good company would work with you and the staff to help, i have some sites that hold books with all awp faults noted with names and addresses of the person claiming, this way i can try and find a fault and if that customer did as rqd and showed staff they would more than likely get a payout, but from the MS issue i would have only payed the cash offer shown on fault.

Not sure if this will help but just an opinion from the other side of the fence.

Again all the above is written not to offend, just my point of view.

Best wishes
Stu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users