Photo
- - - - -

What The Hell Have You Done To This Site?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 mrsdoyle

mrsdoyle

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:05 PM

Sorry guys, but gotta say I do not like this new look site. Fruit Emu has been a favorite of mine for several years now but think this may be my last visit. Why do people change things that work and work well? Now there's a big hunt to find anything and when you find it you have to trawl through more pages before you get to do what you actually want to do. Bring back the "New Releases" section and I might be tempted back but there are hundreds of other sites I could go to to find new emulators, this one just happened to be Number 1 out of all those other sites. Such a shame.

#2 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:41 PM

Well quite a shock when i first logged on but its the same layout as the mecca.just one gripe from me and that is all my pm dates were mixed up but i guess thats due to the revamp :)

#3 £6 In Tokens

£6 In Tokens

AKA £9 In Vouchers

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:47 PM

I like the new look. Am I the only 1 who does like it?

I'd like back the old Emoticons....The one's before the site changed the last time (Devil & Pink Blush etc).
"Stay Fit, Keep Sharp, Make Good Decisions"

#4 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:48 PM

Sorry guys, but gotta say I do not like this new look site. Fruit Emu has been a favorite of mine for several years now but think this may be my last visit. Why do people change things that work and work well? Now there's a big hunt to find anything and when you find it you have to trawl through more pages before you get to do what you actually want to do. Bring back the "New Releases" section and I might be tempted back but there are hundreds of other sites I could go to to find new emulators, this one just happened to be Number 1 out of all those other sites. Such a shame.

Well 2 post's in 3 years and that being the 2nd of them.....lol

Nice to read the comments but it takes time to create a 'user friendly' facia...

Duplu (the sites owner) did create a thread on THIS subject, not sounding rude but you obviously didn't see it though its in the new posts, mabey jumping in with Two feet?

#5 duplu

duplu

Previous Owner

• Regulars
  • 2857 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:15 PM

I'd like back the old Emoticons....The one's before the site changed the last time (Devil & Pink Blush etc).

They should still be there, they might just be disabled - I'll have a look.

xeepi_logo_email.png

#6 duplu

duplu

Previous Owner

• Regulars
  • 2857 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:34 PM

there are hundreds of other sites I could go to to find new emulators.

Happy hunting. Posted Image

xeepi_logo_email.png

#7 £6 In Tokens

£6 In Tokens

AKA £9 In Vouchers

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:55 PM

They should still be there, they might just be disabled - I'll have a look.

Great if you could Duplu....I've been looking around on the net for an hour solid now and can't find any of them!!!

Edit 1 (As per chat on SB). These are the Emoticons prior to the last site update!!!

Edit 2 (Didn't notice you posted that before SB chat).....Shame they are dead. They are with God now!!!

Edited by £6 In Tokens, 16 February 2010 - 09:59 PM.

"Stay Fit, Keep Sharp, Make Good Decisions"

#8 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 10:29 PM

Are you the same Mrs Doyle from Father Ted, because if you are I COULD understand it, but seeing as how that was a pretend series and the people were thick then somehow I doubt it.

When you are updating a website or changing server there are numerous things that can go wrong, or change..and it takes time to fix them, especially if the owner of the site has a job, family and other committements that you don't deem valid.

I would give it a couple of weeks and if it doesn't work by then, feel free to vanish from this site. I don't think you will be too badly missed with your attitude. As a mod pointed out....2 posts....lol

Please call again!!! :)
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 12px;'>It's all done in the best possible taste. :bigeyes04:</span></span>

#9 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 10:36 PM

i'd like some tea please

#10 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2010 - 10:53 PM

och Go on you know you want one go on!. :D

#11 duplu

duplu

Previous Owner

• Regulars
  • 2857 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 10:55 PM

Ahhh go on you will.

Attached Files

xeepi_logo_email.png

#12 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 10:56 PM

i'd like some tea please

I don't want tea....Awwww..Go'on Father....No...Awwwwwwwww go'on Father have some tea. :indifferent:
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 12px;'>It's all done in the best possible taste. :bigeyes04:</span></span>

#13 Big_G123

Big_G123

Smog Monster

• Regulars
  • 212 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:01 PM

why do so many people hate change tbh a fair few sites i use have this same board set up and i gotta say i like it, works for me this new site layout.
Same crap just on a different day!!

#14 launton

launton

• Regulars
  • 190 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:19 PM

I like it. Got a surprise like but it's fine.

#15 SUPER7

SUPER7

Shouldn't Fruit Machines Payout Fruit??

• Regulars
  • 642 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:34 PM

Bit of a shock first of all but im sure i will get use to the change of the site, well i hope so lol.

#16 Sasq123

Sasq123

• New Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:55 PM

I think the site looks better just a matter of getting used to a few odds and ends and awaiting for any little errors to be fixed etc.
Hundreds of other sites you say mrsdoyle? There are not that many around that i noticed are any good, you say it yourself just as i did in my first post that this is probably the best site for fruit emulation.
You may find what you want through other sites but it will never be as good/complete as this one i would think.
You also state that you think this will be the last time you visit the site, that is a shame because then you will not get to read my post :D
Have a nice life mrsdoyle :lol:

#17 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 12:23 AM

someone else said there was "plenty of other sites" to obtain fruits from

prehaps the release of the source code has prompted all these people to open up new places to download stuff o:

#18 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:29 AM

Whos arsed if they don't wanna visit they dont have to we can get tea from anywere :D

Edited by tommy c, 17 February 2010 - 08:30 AM.

#19 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:02 AM

I like the new look. Am I the only 1 who does like it?

Dunno if its the same kinda forum board as net-weather looks the same sorta..but the emoticons they have on there are cool.

See the one 'up there' ^^^^ next to the 'insert list' they are all like that..whistling emoticon...'doh' emoticon etc.

Id like to see them on the site..dunno how hard it is though to import them or whatever.
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#20 duplu

duplu

Previous Owner

• Regulars
  • 2857 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 12:51 PM

Dunno if its the same kinda forum board as net-weather looks the same sorta..but the emoticons they have on there are cool.

See the one 'up there' ^^^^ next to the 'insert list' they are all like that..whistling emoticon...'doh' emoticon etc.

Id like to see them on the site..dunno how hard it is though to import them or whatever.

Yeah, it's the same board. I couldn't see their emoticons as I assume you have to be a member to post and that's the only time you can see them. It's simply a matter of copying them and giving them a name really - Not too difficult. Can you post a screenie?

xeepi_logo_email.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users