Time for a new laptop? :L

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 07:49 PM

I mean, come on, all im doing is rendering a movie in vegas 9 & demuxing a few files, hell if i up firefox's priority to high then i can browse fine :p

anyone else had theirs running hotter?

edit: should add that black is HDD temp, red is CPU and green is Mobo

Posted Image

#2 jamesbebby

jamesbebby

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:26 AM

shit me the things guna melt!!!
cheers james

#3 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 12:50 PM

Unless you can afford £600+ get a desktop, massively more powerfull, easier to repair, cheaper to repair, run a lot cooler.

You need a dedicated graphics card to run stuff with otherwise you are stuck with onboard graphics which have been poo since day 1.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#4 jmon

jmon

Contributor

• Contributor
  • 348 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:09 PM

acer is good hp asus i just got 1 last month payed $250.00 for it great little get goer it is or you can just reinstall windows for a new 1
Join Me At
Posted Image
====>>> http://www.youtube.com/user/JMONHEYMON <<<<---New released layouts updated frequently < last update April 5th >
Posted Image
And join me at http://www.vpforums....ewcat&cat_id=23 for great full screen cabinet recreations HEYMON IT'S JMON!
May we live forever in fruities
(¥¤&#12297; JMON &#12297;¤¥)

#5 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 11:24 PM

A bit off topic, this is my desktop running just as normal. When its idle it usually runs about 24c. Not bad for a AMD64+ Twincore. Being cooled by a Antec Blue LED case fan, Never seen it get past 48c (and thats at full pelt)

Note: Temp 1 is the CPU temp.

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

Quit Gambling as of 3rd of March 2012

#6 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 12:05 AM

acer is good

Christ, you have got to be joking me....

Near enough all Acer lappies I have ever serviced, are of shocking, poor build quality, and prone to over heating, with the worst part, being the a/c adaptor jacks on them, being the first thing to generally fail.

If you want something good, that is built to last, can not get much better, than Toshiba, with HP and Dell, being good alternatives, with Dell especially being good, in that there is a good large 3rd party parts market out there for Dell kit, should there ever be the need.

I personally prefer Toshiba, and liken them to a Toyota...... fantastically reliable, and built to last, but only one downside, is that spare parts for them can be pricey, when the need arises.

#7 billnye7

billnye7

• Regulars
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 09:49 PM

i find my MacBook Pro works fine and runs cool, rarely have the fan come on, if at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users