22 replies to this topic

#1 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 08:23 PM

Turned on my xbox 360 about 10mins ago for the first time in about a week.

All was well apart from I had lost the sound comming from the front right speaker on my surround system so I went behind to see if any wires were unplugged and I touched the one comming from the xbox to the amplifire and the xbox turned off (i was in a cupboard so I just heard the fans switch off im sure though this had nothing to do with it as I only put my hand on it and didnt move it.) so I stepped out and the Xbox was showing the RROD error and the power pack had gone onto standby .... Holy Shit I thought. So i turned it off at the plugged and turned it back on and the Xbox powerd itself up and the pad was already connected ?? Is this possible ?? After a few updates its downloaded it all seems okay now .... might just be a one off or is it somthing serious ??

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

Quit Gambling as of 3rd of March 2012

#2 johnjohn

johnjohn

• New Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 08:57 PM

how long u had it? , might be a sign to shift it mate and put the diffence towards a new 1 ( as long as it aint flashed ) and they will be doing some good package deals on the run to crimbo ( if you was after the newest games )

#3 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 09:13 PM

You probs wanna read the following, and any hardware issues, talk to DTR about

Fruit-Emu (Fruit Machine Emulation) - View Profile: dtrmad2004

Banwave! - Fruit Forums

#4 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 09:16 PM

I did look to see idf DTR was on msn but he wasnt ....

ive had the 360 since about february 2006 and used to like freezing until about a year ago it been fine .... it could of just been me but its been on now for about 2 hours and running perfect

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

#5 saynowt

saynowt

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 473 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 09:39 PM

bad idea to keep 360s in cupboards they need plenty of ventilation to run right keep them away from heat sources as well .the freezing screen is a sign of overheating with your 360 in a cupboard this could be the cause.

#6 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 09:53 PM

bad idea to keep 360s in cupboards they need plenty of ventilation to run right keep them away from heat sources as well .the freezing screen is a sign of overheating with your 360 in a cupboard this could be the cause.

its always been well ventilated

when freezing it usually did it for the first half hour or so n then it would be fine

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

#7 youbrokeit

youbrokeit

sdrawkcab tib elttil A

• New Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 10:30 PM

You'll sometimes find that there are differences in ground levels when using switch-mode PSUs (which the 360s, and much modern electronic stuff does) - it's the 'buzzing' sensation you'll feel sometimes, or sometimes somewhat more than a buzzing.

As an example, If I touch my SkyHD and my Amp at the same time, boy can I feel it. It's not a fault, or an earthing problem, it's just the nature of the way Switch Mode PSUs work.

Chances are, you probably grounded something which tripped the PSU. A certain RROD actually refers to an issue with the PSU - and the PSU would (under this condition) turn itself to standby / low power (orange light on PSU) or 'off' (red light on PSU). Pulling the power and restarting will allow the PSU to discharge, and start up again.

So honestly, I'd say, nothing to worry about.

#8 jmon

jmon

Contributor

• Contributor
  • 348 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 01:07 AM

if you know someone that bought 1 you can swap the sticker on the back and exchange it for a new one the swap back the sticker they scan it when you return it
Join Me At
Posted Image
====>>> http://www.youtube.com/user/JMONHEYMON <<<<---New released layouts updated frequently < last update April 5th >
Posted Image
And join me at http://www.vpforums....ewcat&cat_id=23 for great full screen cabinet recreations HEYMON IT'S JMON!
May we live forever in fruities
(¥¤&#12297; JMON &#12297;¤¥)

#9 dtrmad2004

dtrmad2004

Total

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1485 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 05:54 PM

My best guess is that the av cable was halfway out, you moved it whuch cause the xbox to show a RROD which they will if the AV plug isnt in and it will auto off if not plugged in neither.

Also by knocking it off it turned the system off but left the pad on and unpaired searching for its paired console. when you reconnected it it found the console and turned it on. Try it, unplug the PSU with the system on and the pad connected, when you plug it in the console will come on automatically as if you just tuened the system on with a pad.
<a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://profile.mygam...trmad2004'></a>Posted Image</a><br /><br />Don't gamble with the Recession!

#10 dtrmad2004

dtrmad2004

Total

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1485 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 05:58 PM

Oh and Jmon, that cant possibly be done since all new models are HDMI, his is AV only and that would get noticed.
<a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://profile.mygam...trmad2004'></a>Posted Image</a><br /><br />Don't gamble with the Recession!

#11 saynowt

saynowt

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 473 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:26 PM

av error is four red lights he also says his fans switched off av errors leave 360 swiched on

#12 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 10:32 PM

ive run the xbox with out AV plugged in and unplugged them when the xbox was running

no red lights what so ever it just turns off until it detects the AV lead again n then it boots back up

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

#13 jmon

jmon

Contributor

• Contributor
  • 348 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 10:54 PM

you might be able to fix it at craigs list cheap craigslist: united kingdom classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events search xbox 360 fix it in your area
Join Me At
Posted Image
====>>> http://www.youtube.com/user/JMONHEYMON <<<<---New released layouts updated frequently < last update April 5th >
Posted Image
And join me at http://www.vpforums....ewcat&cat_id=23 for great full screen cabinet recreations HEYMON IT'S JMON!
May we live forever in fruities
(¥¤&#12297; JMON &#12297;¤¥)

#14 gambogaz1

gambogaz1

• Regulars
  • 612 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 11:14 PM

My best guess is that the av cable was halfway out, you moved it whuch cause the xbox to show a RROD which they will if the AV plug isnt in and it will auto off if not plugged in neither.

Also by knocking it off it turned the system off but left the pad on and unpaired searching for its paired console. when you reconnected it it found the console and turned it on. Try it, unplug the PSU with the system on and the pad connected, when you plug it in the console will come on automatically as if you just tuened the system on with a pad.

Whilst we're on this subject, can you give me a few answers mate.
Switched on me Xbox 360 on friday and it came up flashing 1 red light (bottom right) and an error code of F-74 i think it was.
Now I googled and it mentioned it vould be the AV cable, so when the AV is unplugged the Xbox runs but as soon as I push in the AV the red light comes on, but the xbox continues to stay on just does nothing else. I sent my AV cable round my Bro in law and it works on his somy AV cable is fine.
So
a) is it an internal problem ?
B) any way that I can fix the problem myself?
c) I don't have a receipt but the date on the back of my xbox is 2008-01-04 so would I be entitled to get it fixed under warranty?

I'd just bought Fifa 10 aswell and only played a few games of it before this happened :arghh:

Cheers

Gambo

#15 saynowt

saynowt

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 473 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 08:05 AM

ive run the xbox with out AV plugged in and unplugged them when the xbox was running

no red lights what so ever it just turns off until it detects the AV lead again n then it boots back up

when you say THEM i assume you mean you unplugged from the tv the error occurs when you remove the av from the xbox360 end

#16 saynowt

saynowt

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 473 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 08:09 AM

Whilst we're on this subject, can you give me a few answers mate.
Switched on me Xbox 360 on friday and it came up flashing 1 red light (bottom right) and an error code of F-74 i think it was.
Now I googled and it mentioned it vould be the AV cable, so when the AV is unplugged the Xbox runs but as soon as I push in the AV the red light comes on, but the xbox continues to stay on just does nothing else. I sent my AV cable round my Bro in law and it works on his somy AV cable is fine.
So
a) is it an internal problem ?
B) any way that I can fix the problem myself?
c) I don't have a receipt but the date on the back of my xbox is 2008-01-04 so would I be entitled to get it fixed under warranty?

I'd just bought Fifa 10 aswell and only played a few games of it before this happened :arghh:

Cheers

Gambo

from what ive heard it is an internal problem you only have one year warranty with microsoft.. ring of death people say its still 3years ,error 73-74 one year only .i had this error sent machine back to microshayte they sent a replacement unit back so it dont look good in my opinion .good luck with it anyway mate...

#17 gambogaz1

gambogaz1

• Regulars
  • 612 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 10:35 AM

Cheers m8, I'd read that red light errors had extended warranty so was hoping that covered this problem not just the RROD.
Looks like I'll be raiding the bank for a replacement then :sad:

#18 xvxvx

xvxvx

• New Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 11:54 AM

best off trading in any console that shows signs of fault and getting a new lite on one preferably one made before aug this year unless you buy your games then it wont matter when it was made , xclamp fix is fit and miss if it is e74 your wasting your times 9 times out of ten normaly applying xclamp fix to e74 gives it rrod death anyways .
one red light in bottom right is hardware failure if you can hear sound but see no pic then its e74 i would send back to ms they may or may not fix it depends if they can be bothered that day i suppose ..
Run187/runinc/judas messias and probably a whole load of other names have been used by me here..

#19 dtrmad2004

dtrmad2004

Total

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1485 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 07:24 PM

Cheers m8, I'd read that red light errors had extended warranty so was hoping that covered this problem not just the RROD.
Looks like I'll be raiding the bank for a replacement then :sad:

E74 is covered under 3 year warranty, go ahead and book a repair. 08005871102 ;)

Also with Cardies Xbox its a HDMI and HDMI's dont show 4rrod when AV cable is unplugged.

#20 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 07:45 PM

when you say THEM i assume you mean you unplugged from the tv the error occurs when you remove the av from the xbox360 end

No I took the cables out of the 360 and it just automatically stops .... doesnt go off just stays with the fans on , pad connected and DVD drive stops then I plug the AV lead back in and the xbox starts up as it normally would.

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users