a dilemma !! what would you do

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 dingleclaret

dingleclaret

• New Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 07:42 PM

we and a good friend was playing an Al Murray fruit machine in the pub, we was going pound apiece, anydo to cut a long story short we had put about 20 quid each in this machine with no luck, my mate said he had no cash left so he could not play any more, so i said i will have a couple more quid on this on my own and dropped it 70 quid, then my mate got the right hump cos i would not share it , and he stormed out of the pub and i aint spoke to him since , if you had of won would you have shared it

#2 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 07:48 PM

Nope, but i'd have bought him a pint.....

A) Its a gamble (with your cash)

B) Your mate sounds like a 13 year old, so why was he in a pub!

#3 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2009 - 07:51 PM

If he's no coin left then it's no shares:D i'd have bought him a couple of beers though.

#4 dingleclaret

dingleclaret

• New Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:00 PM

would of bought him a couple of beers but he pissed off

#5 alansthedaddy

alansthedaddy

Former tooler/player........

• Regulars
  • 71 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:02 PM

Personally I wouldav gave him his 20 back because thats what m8s do. NOT half though £50 for me and money back for you and let him buy you a beer. lol! Thats what I think anyway.
Posted Image

#6 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:08 PM

would of bought him a couple of beers but he pissed off

I'd have looked at it like more beers for me then lol if he ran off sulking.

#7 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:16 PM

Personally I wouldav gave him his 20 back because thats what m8s do. NOT half though £50 for me and money back for you and let him buy you a beer. lol! Thats what I think anyway.

Aye when i'm out with my mates we lob some.............

But and a BIG BUT..........its not expected............and that don't make mates!

In this case the kid needs a 'grow-up' lesson, I mean clearing off in a huff.......we would say you tight Git an make a joke out of it not sob about it!

This reply is different to my original One only 'cos I know me and my mates, hopefully this new reply answers that.

#8 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:44 PM

dont like it when people say things like 'dropped the jackpot'

if a machine is dropping it doesnt mean it rolls in the jackpot first spin (which is what people obviously thing)

rant over

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

Quit Gambling as of 3rd of March 2012

#9 Zoltar

Zoltar

Former Fat Bastard.....

• Gold Supporters
  • 1810 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:51 PM

dont like it when people say things like 'dropped the jackpot'

if a machine is dropping it doesnt mean it rolls in the jackpot first spin (which is what people obviously thing)

rant over

Do people think that? I see the phrase 'dropped the jackpot' as a legitimate one. After all, thats the ultimate aim of playing machines. Dropping the jackpot and winning some money.
Posted Image

#10 Johnnyafc

Johnnyafc

#Lapsed

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1590 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:53 PM

Should of put him back in his pushchair gave him a rusk or some milk and gone home changed his nappy
Posted Image

#11 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:54 PM

Bloody hell, I agree with alansthedaddy:oh:

I would bung him a share but insist he buy the beers:yes:

You did say good mate, but I do wonder how good really:skeptical:

How many different smilies can I include in this post:undecided:

bj

#12 SUPER7

SUPER7

Shouldn't Fruit Machines Payout Fruit??

• Regulars
  • 642 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:38 PM

If it was me would of gave him a £10 & a bag of pork scratchings, lol. ;)

#13 kriss

kriss

Creator Of Stuff

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2735 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 04:50 AM

Have to say I woulda given him his 20 back...but it was childish of him storming out.

#14 spa

spa

Layout Designer

• Moderators
  • 2494 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 05:52 AM

Of course. Reverse the situation.

http://www.youtube.com/FruitVideos - My youtube channel

https://drive.google...R3ZTMTBIQTdwWUU- My Drive

#15 brucegeorge

brucegeorge

Layout Disasters

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 06:08 AM

people like that make me laugh its the luck of the draw i mean what would he rather someone else win the money or a mate im sure you would want you mate to have it not someone you dont know like people say someone needs to grow up ;)

#16 DaemonX

DaemonX

The Devil's Advocate

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1869 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 06:09 AM

Sorry, just using the above for reference.

I disagree with this. I've been in the same situation many times. For example, we'd be playing a machine pound for pound, and after say losing £40, each I'd choose to no go on, but my mate carried on playing and won after say another £5 of £10. Did I ask for my money back? If someone puts £100 in and doesn't win, then you put £5 in and do, do you offer them their money back?

I know there's the friend side of things, but if... say you'd put another £50 in and lost, would they 'as a friend' have said, I'll give you £25 of that money you lost, it's only 'FAIR' ???

At the end of the day, if you're good friends, why didn't your mate say 'I'm out of money, could you lend me £20 so we can keep playing?'
Not every pet in Pet Society is sweet and innocent....

#17 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2009 - 06:58 AM

I have gone shares with my m8 plenty of times and if I run out of cash that's it. But if he wins soon after then he will give me some back, not if he has stuck another £100 in tho and just gets back his money. I went shares in an arcade once with a total stranger as we both had seen this machine have £100's put in it but only had about £30 each so he asked if i wanted to go shares that way we both had a better chance of making some dosh on it and we did, got £340 from it £35 clockwork orange.

Talking of clockwork orange if the £25 one can go for £200 and the £35 can go for almost £400 what will the £70 JP one go for? £800 lol cant see that.

#18 fruitcrazy

fruitcrazy

• Banned
  • 195 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 04:17 AM

i know this replie is somewhat over due the tread time but had to say this.

i few weeks back me and my mate went to my local arcade and he asked me how the RR played. i told him that they seemed to play slightly better then the bingo ones that he plays. anyways after about £200 he dont even get a small feature, im now feeling like a dick.

he then leaves it. i find myself thinking i have to have £20 in it. anyways after about the 4/5 spin £400 rools in full screen except the bottom middle one.

i see him as a good friend of mine, so i felt compelled to give him £100 from which he refused and said i won it not him. but i look it it like this,

if he didnt put that £200 in i would of never won the £400 it would of cost me £204/5 to win £400 so either way im happy im £300 up and he gets half his money back. once i explained he took it. i felt better so did he.

i know its slightly dif from the other post as we wasnt halfers but i told him they play well so felt like it was a lie i told him.

so what im trying to say is yea i give my mates money if they loose and i win on the machine they played but only if i tell them to go on it or we go halfers lol.

#19 fruitman69

fruitman69

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 05:00 AM

That was a nice thing you did there, and i think it really boils down to the people and how good mates you are.

But the difference was you made that offer, and not that your mate expected it unlike in the original posters situation.

But at the end of the day it is gambling and thats the risk.

Theres no right or wrong way to it, but he, IMO was wrong to go in a huff and "expect" his mate to give him some.
Follow us on facebook http://www.facebook....131728946893342
www.reelsoffun.co.uk

#20 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 07:24 AM

Yep i agree with ya Steve..gambling is all about some ye win some ye lose.

Decent thing to do giving him back £100 because he lost his £200..well tough..harsh to say but ye live and learn.

Thats what annoys me about the Quicksilver i go into occasionally..the other day i was in there and there was about 4 machines 'switched off' with a 'this machine is reserved'..obv some of the regulars have been in and lost a fortune in it..and instead of saying 'aww well fk it' guess next person to play that machine is gonna be onto a few quid..its like..no-one has to touch that machine till i come back either later on today or tommorow or whenever.

WTF !!! thats not what gambling is about..if ye lose ye lose..shame but ye have to take the loses on the chin as well as the good wins you get occasionally.

Rant over. :realmad:
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users