Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#3 skabaz

skabaz

Engineer of the World

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2778 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 04:11 PM

yep we got confimation it was brought 2 days forward to today so we installed about 6 today.

only another 200 to go.

baz

#4 Adolmino

Adolmino

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 04:46 PM

I notice there all multistake .

£1 - £70 jp

£40 jp seems to be the next lower one , does anyone know the stake , my guess would be 50p ?

and i notice another lower one £10jp ? what stake is this ?

Anyone know the stakes of these new £70 jp machines .

Cheers

#5 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2009 - 06:07 PM

Their absolute pants just like the £35 ones were:eek:

#6 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:12 PM

Their absolute pants just like the £35 ones were:eek:

... at least £35 was only a minor improvement on the £25 jackpot... now we are at almost 3x the £25 jackpot.
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#7 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:15 PM

... at least £35 was only a minor improvement on the £25 jackpot... now we are at almost 3x the £25 jackpot.

Yep your deffo right there but in my opinion the £70 jp are gonna cause alot of heart ache for the hard core gamblers and there familys.

#8 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:22 PM

Yep your deffo right there but in my opinion the £70 jp are gonna cause alot of heart ache for the hard core gamblers and there familys.

Oh definitely, although to be fair I believe the actual 'hard-core' of gamblers probably moved onto the S16s, then the B3s and FOBTs.

This might convert those who were otherwise casual gamblers into a more dedicated player. Let's be honest, these machines are going to play absolutely terribly - the jackpot level, which £70 on the sticker, has been agreed at £210 assuming 2 repeats occur (see my post at Fruit Forums : Fruit Forums - View Single Post - a fruit emulation thread YEA I KNOW! )

I think it's completely unethical to advertise the machines as offering up to two repeats - given that the repeats will presumably be pre-determined?

It's basically leading people to believe that when they get the £70 (which I imagine will be a complete ballache) that they have a real chance of walking away with £140 / £210. Which they probably will, if the machine has played completely flat and has only been offering £2 blocked boards every £10 for the last £300.
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#9 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:31 PM

Oh definitely, although to be fair I believe the actual 'hard-core' of gamblers probably moved onto the S16s, then the B3s and FOBTs.

This might convert those who were otherwise casual gamblers into a more dedicated player. Let's be honest, these machines are going to play absolutely terribly - the jackpot level, which £70 on the sticker, has been agreed at £210 assuming 2 repeats occur (see my post at Fruit Forums : Fruit Forums - View Single Post - a fruit emulation thread YEA I KNOW! )

I think it's completely unethical to advertise the machines as offering up to two repeats - given that the repeats will presumably be pre-determined?

It's basically leading people to believe that when they get the £70 (which I imagine will be a complete ballache) that they have a real chance of walking away with £140 / £210. Which they probably will, if the machine has played completely flat and has only been offering £2 blocked boards every £10 for the last £300.

When you put it like that i must agree with ya . /what i don't get is when red gaming upgrade there machines how are they gonna be coded because reds are well known for going 1 or 2 repeats on the big money feature.

#10 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:43 PM

When you put it like that i must agree with ya . /what i don't get is when red gaming upgrade there machines how are they gonna be coded because reds are well known for going 1 or 2 repeats on the big money feature.

This is where there is a *VERY* gray area, which is something I'm not keen on either.

Obviously, they admit that the machine can pay £210 from the Jackpot, assuming it repeats twice.

What about non-jackpot streaks? Let's say you get £210 from a board. What is to stop the next board, £2 later, awarding £50 say? What about the next board, say another £2 later... what's to stop that awarding another £50?

Scary stuff.

I'd be much happier if they went back to say the £15 Jackpot - that was probably the last setting, for me, that offered genuine entertainment. It could still streak, and it could still suck - but not with quite as disasterous consequences as the new jackpots and stakes.

£1 per spin, in a pub?

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Two spins on a machine, or a pint of beer... hmmm... what about Red Gaming and others with the 'Pre Game 'Super / Mega' Gamble'? Say you play Mega on £1 Play. You might not get a spin for £8. That might take 5 seconds if you hold the start button in.

£8 staked in 5 seconds? Awesome. That's just what the industry needs.
Ben

#11 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:53 PM

This is where there is a *VERY* gray area, which is something I'm not keen on either.

Obviously, they admit that the machine can pay £210 from the Jackpot, assuming it repeats twice.

What about non-jackpot streaks? Let's say you get £210 from a board. What is to stop the next board, £2 later, awarding £50 say? What about the next board, say another £2 later... what's to stop that awarding another £50?

Scary stuff.

I'd be much happier if they went back to say the £15 Jackpot - that was probably the last setting, for me, that offered genuine entertainment

Yeah definatley them were the days ,i remember playing rolling thunder when it first come out on £15 jp was bad at times but when it paid it was between 3 -6 red boards at a time earning you between £60-£120 classic machine.

#12 SUPER7

SUPER7

Shouldn't Fruit Machines Payout Fruit??

• Regulars
  • 642 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:38 PM

Im staying well clear of these £70 badboys & i mean well clear!! I think im sticking with tuppenny nudger, lol!! :lol:

#13 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:42 PM

[quote name='SUPER7;169505 I think im sticking with tuppenny nudger' date=' lol!! :lol:[/quote'] At least you will still get some entertainment out of em mate.

#14 Richard

Richard

• New Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 01:28 AM

it will be interesting to see if red gaming keep to the current 2+ JP profile, similar to gamesmedia's selection which commonly go for 2/3 JP's.....

time will tell...

#15 jamespir

jamespir

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 10:11 AM

the ones in our local shipleys have been turned of because the lady said thyre crap and no one wants to play them
FRUIT-EMU mybrute clan http://mybrute.com/team/8550

http://jamespir.mybrute.com come on if your hard enough

#16 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 02:41 PM

the ones in our local shipleys have been turned of because the lady said thyre crap and no one wants to play them

That's a crap excuse. How are people supposed to play them if they are turned off?

Don't get me wrong, I imagine they are crap - but to just turn them off shows a complete lack of effort and not wanting to succeed as a business.

I'll bet they'll blame everyone but themselves when they close for good :)
Ben

#17 gambogaz1

gambogaz1

• Regulars
  • 612 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 02:54 PM

They've barely had chance to have them installed! So how can they come to the assumption they're crap already??? Something smells round here :mask:

#18 Magz

Magz

• Regulars
  • 887 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 02:56 PM

So she's saving electricity? Seems a bit of an odd thing to do...

#19 gmanthedemon

gmanthedemon

• New Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 01:27 PM

I was on a DOND Crazy Chair this afternoon that has been upgraded from £35 jp to £70, and it'll be the last time I go on!

#20 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2009 - 01:42 PM

I was on a DOND Crazy Chair this afternoon that has been upgraded from £35 jp to £70, and it'll be the last time I go on!

pmsl was it that shit!.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users