Prize Bingo

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 MaxxieO

MaxxieO

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:04 PM

Probably a strange request but I figured this would be a good place to post it as it's related to amusement arcades.

I'm trying to come up with a list of places in the UK that have prize bingo - I'm not talking about places like Mecca and Gala where they play 'proper' bingo, I'm talking about the kind of bingo you get in amusement arcades at the seaside where they call out the numbers with different colours and you have to mark them off on a plastic board with shutters on. The only place I've seen this is Blackpool and I was wondering if there was anywhere else that does it? It's more fun than the proper bingo and you can just drop in and start playing at any time.

Here's a list of what I have so far:

Coral Island, Blackpool
Pat's Bingo, Blackpool (closed I think)
Haworth's, Blackpool
Silcock's, Blackpool (closed)
Funland, Blackpool (closed)

Is there anywhere on the South coast that has this type of bingo? I think Clarence Pier in Southsea used to but it definitely doesn't any more. I'm pretty sure Brighton doesn't have any and the same goes for Bournemouth although neither town has many arcades to be honest except on the pier. I don't know about Southend or Margate, they're the only other places I guess might do it?

#2 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:20 PM

Rhyl town centre arcades still do the prize bingo but its not down south but at least they still do it.

#3 chattmatt4

chattmatt4

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:22 PM

Bognor butlins had one but was a while back.

#4 lincs1

lincs1

He Who Dares Wins

• Banned
  • 3803 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:24 PM

alot of the arcades now are phasing out bingo gradually and replacing with 18's area for machines as there is money to be made in machines rather than bingo

bingo in arcades is becoming a thing of the past

#5 chattmatt4

chattmatt4

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:27 PM

I remember there was a fruitie which was a Bingo game had to get 3 bingo cards to start the feature and then varying amounts of colour cards cash was a great game but it broke and called out wrong numbers for what came up. Miss that game was great.

#6 lincs1

lincs1

He Who Dares Wins

• Banned
  • 3803 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:38 PM

lings in skeggy ;)

not many players play and your sure to win ;)

#7 joebee1966

joebee1966

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 263 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:56 PM

luckie's and bibby's the high street mablethorpe still have prize bingo's in them.they are both open all year and stock good prize's

#8 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:01 PM

lings in skeggy ;)

not many players play and your sure to win ;)

is that the one on the cornor lincs. next to the nightclub? Only a small arcade but remember it had the prize bingo at the back. There was a big guy that use to call the numbers. I knew a lot of the staff back then, but havent been in there for years.

#9 lincs1

lincs1

He Who Dares Wins

• Banned
  • 3803 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:21 PM

is that the one on the cornor lincs. next to the nightclub? Only a small arcade but remember it had the prize bingo at the back. There was a big guy that use to call the numbers. I knew a lot of the staff back then, but havent been in there for years.

thats right dude, but i dunno about the bingo caller as i was eyeing up the prizes in the display cabinets pmsl

me and my mrs at the time used to walk away with loads of food and munchies ;)

#10 lincs1

lincs1

He Who Dares Wins

• Banned
  • 3803 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:23 PM

luckie's and bibby's the high street mablethorpe still have prize bingo's in them.they are both open all year and stock good prize's

u from mablethorpe then?

#11 joebee1966

joebee1966

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 263 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:53 PM

no not from mablethorpe from mansfield

#12 lincs1

lincs1

He Who Dares Wins

• Banned
  • 3803 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:54 PM

no not from mablethorpe from mansfield

yer i remember now :)

#13 marion209

marion209

• New Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:28 PM

Theres one in southend and one in Margate.

#14 Deano

Deano

BANNED FOR LIFE

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1417 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:07 PM

Seen a couple in Ingo last year. One was all cash bingo and the other was vouchers redeemable for prizes behind glass cabinets. Was funny seeing an old couple walking out with tea bags and toilet rolls.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#15 voodoomau5

voodoomau5

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:40 PM

Paignton pier had one years ago now but the prizes were shite, i don't want a bastarding souvenier I live in this dump :L

#16 DildoDez

DildoDez

• Regulars
  • 1104 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:47 PM

There's one in Glasgow city centre that does it. On Jamaica Street, next door to the big McDonald's and round the corner from Central Station.

#17 No1Stoney

No1Stoney

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:12 PM

3 of the arcades in Skegness still have these bingo games

Harrisons
Lings
and the one opposite the pier, cant remember its name!

-No1Stoney

#18 richardpen

richardpen

• New Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:16 AM

great yarmouth had an arcade with cash prize bingo. this was some years ago so don't know if its still there. seemed quite popular at the time. this type of bingo is great if you miss a number as the system is automated so you still win even if you miss a number or two. i won £25 when i got a line on the top panel 'gold card'. every half hour or so they had a super jackpot game where if you got a full house in 50 numbers or less you won an amount that progressed until it was won, didn't happen the week i was there, i think the progressive pot was at around £400 when our week started and had gone up to over £600 by the end of our holiday. if you won it, you would win £25 cash and the rest in high street vouchers.

me and my wife enjoy playing in funland blackpool, we like playing on weekday mornings when although you only win half a voucher, you get to win a lot of the time and accumilate loads of vouchers by the end of the week.

talking of high street vouchers, has reminded me of an arcade in leicester i visited in 1993 where you could change up tokens for high street vouchers or in my case when a machine emptied of tokens, they asked if i wanted some of it in vouchers. did other arcades do this? i'm not aware of any.

richard

#19 joebee1966

joebee1966

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 263 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:27 AM

3 of the arcades in Skegness still have these bingo games

Harrisons
Lings
and the one opposite the pier, cant remember its name!

-No1Stoney

that will be bells,

#20 lincs1

lincs1

He Who Dares Wins

• Banned
  • 3803 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:39 AM

that will be bells,

isn't that at the clocktower end and didn't it burn down after mr poperdom purchased the amuesment centre? from brian bell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users