138 replies to this topic

#1 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 09 February 2009 - 04:58 PM

I was quite surprised to see this section after another member pointed it out to me yesterday. (Even though I am able to download them.)

To me this is NOT what FME is about and dare I say it goes against a great deal of 'good feeling' the majority of layout makers have built up over the years.

Don't get me wrong I am grateful for any layouts released and appreciate the hard work that goes into making and releasing them however I have some concerns over this.

1) It shows that some layout makers are still hoarding resources or layouts. Big Ghoulies for example is date stamped June 2008. The other layout was originally released around that time at the Mecca. (Probably same author?)

2) Why does it not surprise me that this particular layout maker is involved in hoarding?

3) I believe Daryl pointed out at DADsFME that he believes this VIP section appears to be a 'sweetener' for the recent Union Jackpot discussions.

4) A VIP download section for contributors appears to me to be a 'bribe.' I honestly do not think going down this road is a good example to all the others in the scene who for one reason or not are effectively being discriminated against because they cannot contribute layout wise or financially.

To me this just seems another poor decision that puts FME in a poor light if layouts are to be AGAIN used as bargaining tools....

.... ciggies and cash for layouts, $500 for layouts etc etc :bigeyes19:

#2 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 05:21 PM

agreed all the way

its bollocks ( so ban me )

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

Quit Gambling as of 3rd of March 2012

#3 Toddyuk

Toddyuk

æ„›

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1279 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 05:35 PM

I have to agree with Trouty also , My first impressions last night when i seen these vip releases was a little disheartening , was going to say something last night , but was a little drunk . (thought it best not too)

The whole aspect of a VIP release area somewhat taints the vision of FME for me .

I cant see the point in doing this albeit a temp measure.
Posted Image

#4 Nemmie

Nemmie

• New Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 05:37 PM

Yeah what Geddy said.

#5 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 05:40 PM

agreed all the way

its bollocks ( so ban me )

lol, Do you know what you are even replying to?

#6 Nemmie

Nemmie

• New Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 05:43 PM

Actually my bad.

1) Is hypocritical
2) Is just another pointless dig at Geddy's ole foe
3) Not sure sounds like a conspiracy theory though

I agree with option 4 wholeheartedly.

#7 Deano

Deano

BANNED FOR LIFE

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1417 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 05:48 PM

I don't see it as a bribe,more of a nice gesture.The releases will go to everyone in time and is not just a private club for the contributors.:bigeyes02:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#8 duplu

duplu

Previous Owner

• Regulars
  • 2857 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 05:54 PM

3) I believe Daryl pointed out at DADsFME that he believes this VIP section appears to be a 'sweetener' for the recent Union Jackpot discussions.

You'll have to explain the thinking behind this to me as I have no idea what this has to do with UJ.

4) A VIP download section for contributors appears to me to be a 'bribe.' I honestly do not think going down this road is a good example to all the others in the scene who for one reason or not are effectively being discriminated against because they cannot contribute layout wise or financially.

Who is being bribed? The VIP members have already contributed to the site/scene. To be a bribe I would need to be expecting something else back from them.

xeepi_logo_email.png

#9 curlywill

curlywill

• Regulars
  • 1220 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 05:56 PM

i agree with geddy in the sense that it is unfair on people that cant afford to donate or arent able to make layouts, but also people who do donate and create layouts do deserve to be rewarded, but this seems a tad unfair.

#10 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 09 February 2009 - 06:00 PM

You'll have to explain the thinking behind this to me as I have no idea what this has to do with UJ.

He states it clear enough in his post at DADsFME.

Who is being bribed? The VIP members have already contributed to the site/scene. To be a bribe I would need to be expecting something else back from them.

How about 'This is what you can have if you become a VIP member.' - that is what it could be construed as.

If all layout makers took the stance your 'hoarder' does then the state of play would be mighty poor to say the least.

It could be easily seen as 'donations for layouts' AGAIN by some. :bigeyes18:

#11 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 06:00 PM

I don't see it as a bribe,more of a nice gesture.The releases will go to everyone in time and is not just a private club for the contributors.:bigeyes02:

Bingo

VIPs IRL do get their hands on stuff first so why should FME be different?

and the non VIP members will get their hands on them sooner or later so yeah lol :)

#12 duplu

duplu

Previous Owner

• Regulars
  • 2857 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 06:02 PM

It could be easily seen as 'donations for layouts' AGAIN by some. :bigeyes18:

Fair comment and taken on board.

xeepi_logo_email.png

#13 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 09 February 2009 - 06:05 PM

1) Is hypocritical

So either you do not know what that means OR you are saying that I hoard layouts? Mmmm :bigeyes10:

2) Is just another pointless dig at Geddy's ole foe

Actually just an observation but predictably you have jumped to the wrong conclusion with your T u t t o n Coloured Specs on..

3) Not sure sounds like a conspiracy theory though

It's the end of the scene as we know it actually ;)

I agree with option 4 wholeheartedly.

Thank you.. :D

#14 niallquinn

niallquinn

• Contributor
  • 723 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 06:06 PM

Bingo

VIPs IRL do get their hands on stuff first so why should FME be different?

and the non VIP members will get their hands on them sooner or later so yeah lol :)

2 layouts that were already released, crc's the same, yeah, certainly is VIP isn't it?

:)

Can't wait to see what the next one will be.......is it Line Up 2009 DX?

#15 Nemmie

Nemmie

• New Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 06:08 PM

So either you do not know what that means OR you are saying that I hoard layouts? Mmmm :bigeyes10:

Have you ever had ownership of any layouts or heavens forbid a whole emulator that you did not share with the scene?

Actually just an observation but predictably you have jumped to the wrong conclusion with your ****** Coloured Specs on..

An observation that repeats the same crap you have spouted for years. Don't see how it is relevant anyway when it detracts from your main point.:)

#16 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 06:08 PM

2 layouts that were already released, crc's the same, yeah, certainly is VIP isn't it?

:)

:S

Those may have been released

but not as DX's

& im sure most people prefer so see/use DX's as opposed to classics

#17 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 09 February 2009 - 06:11 PM

Those may have been released

but not as DX's

& im sure most people prefer so see/use DX's as opposed to classics

Well I know for certain a Indy DX for JPeMu was released because I made it and shaft me sideways what is this - Indiana Jones 1280 Special Edition.MFME 3.2 - The MPU Mecca

Looks like the very same VIP layout to me... :bigeyes02:

...and lay off the classic bashing hehe.

#18 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 06:23 PM

Well I know for certain a Indy DX for JPeMu was released because I made it and shaft me sideways what is this - Indiana Jones 1280 Special Edition.MFME 3.2 - The MPU Mecca

Looks like the very same VIP layout to me... :bigeyes02:

...and lay off the classic bashing hehe.

Nothings up with classics

but i prefer DX's as it looks better

but a lot of work goes into classics :p

#19 bigtony

bigtony

• Regulars
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 06:27 PM

Well after years of being with this site and enjoying the layouts and the general chat and people here.I am bemused that layouts are now withheld from the people that visit the site and have done for years.Get real stop this V.I.P thing before it gets a lot of people mad.Cheers from the BigOne

#20 hornynick

hornynick

• Regulars
  • 259 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 06:30 PM

As a regular member I really dont care about the VIP releases in any way.
When I read about them my 1st reaction was "meh!"
I dont think I will ever try releasing a layout simply beacuse I dont know what I am doing and dont have the time or energy to learn and I cant afford to contribute to the site, but if people feel that creators and contributors should get a little extra then fair play to them.
If the layouts that were released were something from the last 6 months then I may have felt differently but can any of the VIPs claim to have started dancing around their living room with their underpants on their head when they saw the Indy layout? Indy has been around for ages, maybe not that particular layout, but so what?

If there are any regular members who feel hard done by, get over it!! You will get your hands on them soon enough.

I can see the POV about the Ghoulies layout that had an old date on it but was previously unreleased but if someone worked hard on it and decided to keep it to themselves thats up to them.
Resources on the other hand are another matter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users