20 replies to this topic

#1 VampUK

VampUK

Grumpy sod!

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1829 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 09:36 AM

Ok so I've finally given in and will be getting a 360 elite next week after seeing the reviews for the latest GTA game.
I've already picked up 4 games for it, dead rising, oblivion, smack down 2008 and gears of war.
What I wanna know is......What are the must have games on this system?
I'm into all genres so all opinions welcome.
Really looking forward to left 4 dead, looks amazing.
Oh and whats your opinions on live as I've never used it but quite like the idea of a bit on online gaming.

Posted Image

#2 RB

RB

PISH Artist

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3342 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:05 AM

assassins creed.
burnout paradise city
halo 3

just a couple that have kept me amused...
Cyberpunk:- alienated loner who lives on the edge of society in generally dystopic future where daily life is impacted by rapid technological change, an ubiquitous datasphere of computerized information, and invasive modification of the human body.....Hmmmmm

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#3 skegman0

skegman0

• New Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:22 AM

hello vampUK sports games virtua tennis3 is a good sport game as sega rally is, but my best two games are bioshock and the orange box which you get (half life 2 episode 1 and two team fortress 2 and portal) online play is brill on 360 there are loads of online games for the 360 but one of my best games for online is call of duty 4 and perfect dark zero which you can get dead cheap now. i hope this will help you .it is a good idea to look at games on the internet as well
;)

#4 Jimmy_mac

Jimmy_mac

Court Jester

• Regulars
  • 1649 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 11:14 AM

assassins creed has bored the crap out of me, its so damn repetative, once you've finished the first three missions theres nothing new to the game....

Personally I prefer to play the likes of Action RPG and such, for that reason I would recommend Mass Effect and Lost Odyssey. Bear in mind though that you'll get a lot of gameplay out of these so theres not much point in buying both at the same time. Lost Odyssey took about 70 hours or so of gameplay time to complete.

#5 VampUK

VampUK

Grumpy sod!

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1829 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 11:31 AM

Cheers guys. I'll grab mass effect then as I saw it for £20 and I too enjoy a good action rpg. Think I'll grab project gotham 3 and 4 too as I still love playing number 2. Think I'll only buy the 3 month live vouchers in case I get bored with it or not get the time to use it.

Posted Image

#6 Bandits

Bandits

• Regulars
  • 1124 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 11:57 AM

I suggest colin macrae dirt, Project gotham racing 4, Call of duty 4 modern combat and i also gonna buy gta4 as gta just goes from strength to strength and i love the freedom within the game! playing on my HD 42" panasonic 100 hrtz tv....priceless

#7 VampUK

VampUK

Grumpy sod!

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1829 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 12:01 PM

Oh yeah I forgot about call of duty 4, best not buy too many at once though or I'll never play them properly.

Posted Image

#8 xtinkerxbell

xtinkerxbell

• New Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 12:18 PM

there is a game called two its best played as co-op but it also has single player really great game :D quite addicting and has a bit of humor in it :)

Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time :lol:

#9 VampUK

VampUK

Grumpy sod!

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1829 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 12:21 PM

Do you mean army of two tink?

Posted Image

#10 xtinkerxbell

xtinkerxbell

• New Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 12:22 PM

yeah ! thats it lol couldnt remember the full name . i rented it from blockbuster and thought it was amazing ! didnt wanna take it back so im now gonna buy it

Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time :lol:

#11 bob150

bob150

• New Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 12:30 PM

Call Of Duty 4 : Modern Warfare
Project Gotham 4
Assassins Creed

All must have games

#12 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 03:46 PM

Oh yeah I forgot about call of duty 4, best not buy too many at once though or I'll never play them properly.

call of duty 4 deffiantly if your going to be using xbox live i can spend hours on it .... which isnt the best thing to do really i could be doing knitting insted

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

Quit Gambling as of 3rd of March 2012

#13 skabaz

skabaz

Engineer of the World

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2778 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 04:11 PM

try not to buy too many games on one genre.

i have and you end up not really getting the most from the lesser game ie. i bought colin mcrae dirt and burnout paradise on the same day and have put burnout down and hardly played dirt but both games are really good.

rainbow six vegas 1 and 2

fifa 08

dead rising is a good game as well.

baz

#14 johnjohn

johnjohn

• New Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:34 PM

not too bad a game for the price

Buy Peter Jackson's King Kong - Microsoft XBOX 360 Game from Woolworths.co.uk online shop

#15 VampUK

VampUK

Grumpy sod!

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1829 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:47 PM

Good price indeed, shame I already have it on my xbox.

Posted Image

#16 stu55554

stu55554

Qualified IT Technition

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 07:17 PM

i got my 360 for free with contract phone its £30 for 18 months tho :( the game i love is call of duty 4
toddy likes to change signatures as he has nothing better to do..

#17 nobby.arny

nobby.arny

Mal-'0'-phile

• New Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 07:35 PM

Before you subcribe to xbox live just hook your xbox up to the internet an you will get a months free. You can see if you think ist worth the money then, which it is!

i just bought PGR3 for a £5 an its a good game but did not take long to complete so if your going to get PGR4 dont bother with 3.

The other games i would suggest are: Halo 3, rainbow 6 vegas and a footy game which are mint on live

#18 VampUK

VampUK

Grumpy sod!

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1829 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 08:25 PM

I just found out that Ikaruga is gonna be coming to the live arcade, best 2d shooter ever.

Posted Image

#19 skabaz

skabaz

Engineer of the World

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2778 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 08:44 PM

I just found out that Ikaruga is gonna be coming to the live arcade, best 2d shooter ever.

its out on xbox live marketplace now.

baz

#20 VampUK

VampUK

Grumpy sod!

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1829 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 09:00 PM

Even better. :)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic