Photo
- - - - -

Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii or PS3 ??

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Poll: Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii or PS3 ?? (1 member(s) have cast votes)

Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii or PS3 ??

1. Microsoft Xbox 360 (21 votes [52.50%])

Percentage of vote: 52.50%

2. Nintendo Wii (9 votes [22.50%])

Percentage of vote: 22.50%

3. Sony Playstation 3 (10 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 darrylwhitticks

darrylwhitticks

• Regulars
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 03:43 PM

first of all go bleeep the full stops and commas second of all if you have call of duty 4 come meet me ill kick your bitchy little ass punk.............,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

also if u got a ps3 come meet me on unreal 3 oh no you cant can you cause mummy and daddy wont get you one mabe if u spit out your dummy they might :cool:

#42 Smiley

Smiley

Nearly Brilliant

• Layout Creator
  • Pip
  • 186 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 04:21 PM

come meet me ill kick your bitchy little ass punk.............,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

What are you, 12 years old?
Funniest thing I've read in ages. lol

oh no you cant can you cause mummy and daddy wont get you one mabe if u spit out your dummy they might

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
I'm a 6 foot 2, 41 year old man, you strange little boy.
You're exactly the sort of idiot that most people on Xbox Live save the Mute button for.

I'm printing your posts out.
So many people will be hysterical down the pub at the weekend.

I've never met anyone simple enough to use the term "bitchy little ass punk" before.
Kids should never be allowed to browse the Internet without supervision.

LOL :)

Smiley.
Posted Image

#43 VampUK

VampUK

Grumpy sod!

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1829 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 04:31 PM

first of all go bleeep the full stops and commas second of all if you have call of duty 4 come meet me ill kick your bitchy little ass punk.............,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

:bigeyes10: Too much guns n roses? lol

Posted Image

#44 mrgspot

mrgspot

Fancy It Ladies, Oh Yeah

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 05:06 PM

First of all, why would it have to be exclusive?
If a game came out on the Xbox and PS2, then I would buy the Xbox version because I prefer to play them on the Xbox (sometimes because I'd already played either the PS2 or Xbox version).

Some of my games are Xbox exclusives (Forza Motorsport 2, Halo 3, Project Gotham 4) but most are multi-format.

You've already answered your other question when you mention exclusives.
That's why I ended up with a PS2 and only a couple of games.
Sony made damn sure that GT and GTA were exclusives, and it's no secret that both those games sold the console.
With only one game that I'm interested in being exclusive to the PS3 (GT), the PS3 is even less of an attraction than the PS2, which is why I said I'd probably end up getting one second-hand at some point (my PS2 wasn't brand new, lol).

I don't play any of those dancing mat games, or any other games aimed at 10 year olds, which is why I said what I did about the Wii earlier.
(I make exceptions for games like Mario, because I grew up playing them, and we should all be big kids now and again.) :)

Oh, and it's a shame your missus can't hold her breath that long.
You're missing out, you really are. ;)

Smiley.

okay you win... i will go and crawl in a corner and weep over my PS3........ all this comparison shit does my ed in. i just wanna bash some buttons with a few beers, shame i choose the wrong machine if what your saying is true. your right about the misses though, normally she aint got time to come up for air....
Posted Image

---------------------------------------------------

"Yippee Ki Ya Kimasabi"..

#45 skabaz

skabaz

Engineer of the World

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2778 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 05:23 PM

Xbox 360 can play divx if you want to open youre console & flash the player onto youre hard drive.

my understanding was the last dashboard update in january incorperated divx playback.

can someone confirm this???

baz

#46 Smiley

Smiley

Nearly Brilliant

• Layout Creator
  • Pip
  • 186 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 06:40 PM

i just wanna bash some buttons with a few beers

Sounds good to me.

There is no wrong machine, especially not on my say so.
I was just saying what my experience has been.
I could be turned around on the PS3 if the PSP is anything to go by, but it's still too pricey for what it is, and has the usual Sony hype, which puts me off.
Remember the "emotion engine" blab for the PS2? lol

We know that they lose money for every console they sell, and make their money on the licensing of the games, so why can't they all get together and make one console, share the expense of console production, and share the licensing profits?

That question is almost as old as gaming itself, but Microsoft doing so well with the 360 and Nintendo surprising everyone with the success of the Wii, I don't think we've had such a level playing field for more than a decade.
It's very possible that the next gen could be one format, which would be great, although there are a lot of fanboys on all sides that wouldn't have anything to complain about, and their lives would become meaningless. :)

"your right about the misses though, normally she aint got time to come up for air...." ---- LOL

@Baz: I haven't had a proper look, but I found this, which was December last year:
Xbox 360 DivX/XviD Playback Tested (Verdict: It's Almost Perfect)

To prove how little interest I have/had in using the Xbox for movie playing, I didn't know anything about this. :)
I'll certainly be digging out a few DVDs to test Divx playback now though.

Smiley.
Posted Image

#47 mrgspot

mrgspot

Fancy It Ladies, Oh Yeah

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 09:12 AM

Sounds good to me.

There is no wrong machine, especially not on my say so.
I was just saying what my experience has been.
I could be turned around on the PS3 if the PSP is anything to go by, but it's still too pricey for what it is, and has the usual Sony hype, which puts me off.
Remember the "emotion engine" blab for the PS2? lol

We know that they lose money for every console they sell, and make their money on the licensing of the games, so why can't they all get together and make one console, share the expense of console production, and share the licensing profits?

That question is almost as old as gaming itself, but Microsoft doing so well with the 360 and Nintendo surprising everyone with the success of the Wii, I don't think we've had such a level playing field for more than a decade.
It's very possible that the next gen could be one format, which would be great, although there are a lot of fanboys on all sides that wouldn't have anything to complain about, and their lives would become meaningless. :)

"your right about the misses though, normally she aint got time to come up for air...." ---- LOL

@Baz: I haven't had a proper look, but I found this, which was December last year:
Xbox 360 DivX/XviD Playback Tested (Verdict: It's Almost Perfect)

To prove how little interest I have/had in using the Xbox for movie playing, I didn't know anything about this. :)
I'll certainly be digging out a few DVDs to test Divx playback now though.

Smiley.

Too pricey..... blue ray player and fooking quality games machine for 300 spankers. well I certainly dont feel ripped off. Saw 4 looked the dogs hangers last night on blue ray.
Posted Image

#48 DaemonX

DaemonX

The Devil's Advocate

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1869 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 10:19 AM

also if u got a ps3 come meet me on unreal 3 oh no you cant can you cause mummy and daddy wont get you one mabe if u spit out your dummy they might :cool:

Yaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwnnnn.... Challenges are soooo outdated.

Beating a computer at the hardest level can't even compare to challending someone in RL at a game.

I remember the days of Street Fighter 2 (pick an edition lol)

my friend could beat all the figters on the hardest level at the top speed (on Turbo), so I played him, won 98 - 2 ;)

Also, if you're gonna challenge someone online, make sure it's even, and not a beefed up all singing all dancing character vs a new entry.

lets see.... Army vs average joe... seems like a WWE event where the latter wins lol
Not every pet in Pet Society is sweet and innocent....

#49 darrylwhitticks

darrylwhitticks

• Regulars
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 10:44 AM

Yaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwnnnn.... Challenges are soooo outdated.

Beating a computer at the hardest level can't even compare to challending someone in RL at a game.

I remember the days of Street Fighter 2 (pick an edition lol)

my friend could beat all the figters on the hardest level at the top speed (on Turbo), so I played him, won 98 - 2 ;)

Also, if you're gonna challenge someone online, make sure it's even, and not a beefed up all singing all dancing character vs a new entry.

lets see.... Army vs average joe... seems like a WWE event where the latter wins lol

i only got ureal 2 weeks ago so i aint that far ahead but cod4 thats a little diff had that since the day it came out but all i was saying if microsoft do go to bluray then my xbox or anyones xbox will be no good as i for 1 am not bying another new drive for the bluray games or a new xbox :bigeyes02:

#50 VampUK

VampUK

Grumpy sod!

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1829 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 10:49 AM

I think you'll find they will use the same format for games as they always have and that the blu ray add on will simply be for movies.
I would'nt rule out a new version of the 360 with built in blu ray support, kinda like the duel blu ray/ hd-dvd drives you can get for pc's.

Posted Image

#51 mrgspot

mrgspot

Fancy It Ladies, Oh Yeah

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 11:06 AM

I think you'll find they will use the same format for games as they always have and that the blu ray add on will simply be for movies.
I would'nt rule out a new version of the 360 with built in blu ray support, kinda like the duel blu ray/ hd-dvd drives you can get for pc's.

but that would mean buying a new 360 just for blue ray. what a waste of money.
Posted Image

#52 VampUK

VampUK

Grumpy sod!

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1829 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 11:28 AM

nah I'm thinking more like the 360 elite where you still have the cheaper versions.

Posted Image

#53 darrylwhitticks

darrylwhitticks

• Regulars
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 12:52 PM

cant see that myself as as i said b4 assasins creed only just fit on a xbox disk from what i have heard metal gear solid 4 will hold the max a bluray can handle so xbox has no chance of havin that as its to big for there disks to handle and why should people whith an xbox 360 go and bye a new one its like we are paying for there mistakes (microsofts)

#54 spa

spa

Layout Designer

• Moderators
  • 2494 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 01:07 PM

I love my wii. Love the wii sports. Got myself 3 platinums now. Power bowling, spin bowling and that target tennis :D

http://www.youtube.com/FruitVideos - My youtube channel

https://drive.google...R3ZTMTBIQTdwWUU- My Drive

#55 mrgspot

mrgspot

Fancy It Ladies, Oh Yeah

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 01:24 PM

just been out at lunch and brought GT prologue and everybodys golf as that looks so cool.

Anyone fancy a thrashing tonight on GT.
Posted Image

#56 dilos

dilos

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 221 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 01:27 PM

Which ones your favorite, mines the 360. A lot of compertition with gamerscore etc. and some good games and good technolagy.
Then again the wii might jump ahead because of the wireless pads which are very fun ( and tiring ) to use and has a really good graphics processor.
Ive not been on the PS3 yet but my mate has one and says there really reliable and very addictive .... so whats yours ??

And im not just saying the 360 coz i have one i also have a Wii lol
(cardie69) <<

xbox 360 myself but also got a wii for the girls

#57 darrylwhitticks

darrylwhitticks

• Regulars
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 02:01 PM

just been out at lunch and brought GT prologue and everybodys golf as that looks so cool.

Anyone fancy a thrashing tonight on GT.

r u having prob updating your gt

#58 mrgspot

mrgspot

Fancy It Ladies, Oh Yeah

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 02:32 PM

it takes 10 mins or so to copy files to your HD then a massive game update, took an hour or so.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users