• Submitted: Nov 03 2006 08:59 PM
  • Last Updated: Nov 03 2006 08:59 PM
  • File Size: 302.93KB
  • Views: 3417
  • Downloads: 645

Download CRIMEWATCH-- Sp.Ace classic

- - - - -

Screenshots
Im sure this one will be a treat for the older members of Fruit EMU like myself. Not an early rom but still a nice little game to play. Compare this to todays efforts and fair enough, the jackpot isnt massive but they are quite achievable and regular too and this oozes entertainment.Please read on before playing to help you get the most out of this layout.--------------------------------------------Many thanks to the fantastic services of Pete W over at the Mecca for his assistance in completing this layout, a classic Ive been working on over the last few days now functions as it should. Thanks Pete for adding the dot matrix. Some here may know that creating Sp.Ace layouts is quite a nightmare as Sp.Ace exclusively runs on MFME3 and later. And because MFME3 or later doesnt have any designing tools, this was made in MFME2 with a standard blank DAT file. The matrix wont load or work in MFME2 so watching the lamps and checking the matrix to see whats going on isnt an option. Anyways. Back to the info....Crimewatch.A feature based ACE/Sp.Ace machine from the early 90s that appears to be a clone of Grand National, the horse racing game from ACE.The feature game itself is based in a mansion. With very limited art to work from (piccy below), I established that to arrange this classic like the machine, it just simply wouldnt have fitted. 10+ boxes with text, diagonally across the screen to indicate a staircase just wasnt practical so Ive laid it out in a snakes and ladders type configuration. I could have made little squares without text but it just didnt look right.The boxes on the reel symbols have been replaced by magnifying glasses. 3 on the winline give the feature board but you can also exchange cash ladder wins for the feature board when the corresponding EX lamps are lit.Things to mention.....The layout contains 2 x EXTRA squares. If you get to the top of the win ladder from a reel win using the HI-LO to gamble, if EXTRA is lit, then ?3 is awarded as normal and a shot at the ?3/?6 is awarded.The dice reel. If you look at the attract mode, it states this is a PLAY FAIR dice reel. I sense this machine had a cover over the dice reel so the reel would spin BEFORE you selected HI or LO thus not cheating on the gamble. These roms still have the PLAY FAIR bollocks on the dot matrix but the reel acts just as normally as any other gamble reel Ive ever seen. Spinning AFTER you select your gamble option. So something of note there. Also, the dice reel has all the numbers from 1 to 12, plus numbers 2, 5, 7 and 9 are on twice. So the odds slightly favour going ODD on the ODD-EVEN continue. Also, the dice reel ignored my reelmasks I put onto it. Must be a Sp.Ace layout designed in MFME2 problem.The ? MYSTERY square features, check the dot matrix as the HI-LO gamble isnt simply going higher or lower than the displayed number. LO = Nos 1 to 6 whilst HI is Nos 7 to 12. Odd I know but Im sure this stems back from the play fair dice reel.The empty boxes to the right of the cash ladder wins appear to serve no purpose. Maybe a remenant of OPEN THE BOX as they seem to light like the feature lamps next to the cash wins on OTB. Rather than send the layout to Pete again and infringe on his time to have em removed, I have left em in. Hope it doesnt distract from the game.The 4 BONUS ITEMS appear to work as follows. If you light any of them, and DIE on the feature board, tokens are paid out. The out meter runs up by 2 units per BONUS ITEM. With all the cash Ive put in, Ive never lit all 4 so no idea what happens there. Finally, all the standard holding tricks and the WATCH FOR MY HIDDEN TREASURES tricks work just like OTB but wins are not doubled if you have 3 the same with the feature symbols on all 3. Not sure if any free wins exist or any emptiers exist.Shortcuts are simple. The usual likes...Hope you like it.Compost

Other files you may be interested in ..

Random Files

27 user(s) are online (in the past 15 minutes)

0 members, 26 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)