ross's Content

There have been 298 items by ross (Search limited from 02-May 14)

Sort by                Order  

#222539 Yes Another Sim

Posted by ross on 27 October 2011 - 06:31 PM in Any Topic Chat

it will be made in vb.net
also not sure if ive uploaded this in the past but here is one i made years ago or should i say started (its not complete)
and no, i will not be doing a deal or no deal hehe (maybe when i ran out of other ideas)

also on a random side note i will be uploading Sim Creator v.2.2b in a few days as i posted in the main thread its had alot of stuff added that needs checking

im hoping to upload a video of how it will play as soon as i get the trail, board, feature code in

Attached Files

#222505 Yes Another Sim

Posted by ross on 27 October 2011 - 07:16 AM in Any Topic Chat

ok so i thought it was time to go high tech and so ive started on this sim
from the image you can see it still needs alot of work (its about 5% complete)
it has no name as i dont have a theme for it yet

it will also have player cards (You can view other peoples), achievements and levels pointless but fun
i would post a video but tbh theres not much to show at the moment
bare in mind that the layout of the sim will change as the stuff you can see in the image is purely for testing also i still need to add stuff like bonuses among other things

also if anyone has any ideas for themes post em up as im going to make the skin/audio swapable so it can have multiple themes

Attached Thumbnails

• sim_1.jpg
  • sim_2.jpg

#310989 X marks the spot dx WIP?

Posted by ross on 14 November 2017 - 02:00 PM in General FME Discussion

i have but no plans to do the layout for a while yet so you might as well go for it.

#224714 Would A Low/mid Spec Netbook Run Mfme Ok?

Posted by ross on 07 December 2011 - 03:06 AM in General FME Discussion

hehe im doing a netbook layout for mine ive only played one dx on it and it seemed to run ok ill let you know for sure today at some point
if you want the lagbook layout let me know and ill send it over when done

also my lagbook is a 1.6 single core with 2gb ram and some crappy video card

Attached Thumbnails

• fob.jpg

#224717 Would A Low/mid Spec Netbook Run Mfme Ok?

Posted by ross on 07 December 2011 - 03:45 AM in General FME Discussion

very wise choice :)

#328556 Work In Progress- Deal Or No Deal- What's In Your Box £5 DX

Posted by ross on 06 October 2019 - 10:26 AM in WIP for MFME5

Heres a quick and rough example of cleaning lines. its not hard once you have done it a few times (this is a rushed example but hopefully enough to show you its not impossible)

Edit: i have attached an example of one of the worst ones i can remember doing, took me atleast 8 hours I.I.R.C but the payoff was great art to use for the layout.

Attached Thumbnails

• before.jpg
  • after.jpg
  • cc0.jpg
  • cc1.jpg

#328554 Work In Progress- Deal Or No Deal- What's In Your Box £5 DX

Posted by ross on 06 October 2019 - 09:59 AM in WIP for MFME5

I have to agree with tommy here, you seem keen on making layouts but dont seem to want to push yourself to do better.

some advice:

1. listen to peoples feedback, there are alot of things you (the designer) become blind to after staring at the same layout for hours.

2. find/buy some good resources, tiny images will always produce shocking layouts unless you are willing to redraw all of the art.

3. if you have trouble with doing part of the layout (red lamps for example) then ask on the forums, learn and then next time you will know what to do.

4. photos are one on the harder formats to work with as there are alot of things that need cleaning before being good enough for a layout, start with a good flyer for your first few layouts if you can.

standards of layouts are higher these days but even back in the 2000's a layout like this would have been shot down in seconds and rightly so, its sounds harsh to say but layouts like this dont belong in fme in 2019 there are plenty of good resources floating around if you dont want to buy any.

#328555 Work In Progress- Deal Or No Deal- What's In Your Box £5 DX

Posted by ross on 06 October 2019 - 10:03 AM in WIP for MFME5

i have found i do have the flyer for this, here ( http://www.fmedb.com/fmedb/flyer.zip ) spend time cleaning it up (dont be affraid to ask for help!), it will teach more than "lamping" a tiny image ever will. 

#239691 WIP Fruit Link 1280DX

Posted by ross on 08 September 2012 - 05:06 PM in Forthcoming Releases

with unappreciative people like you it shouldnt but it will

i dont think either are going to rush it just to get it out so sit back and wait or heres a crazy idea do it yourself plenty of guides around

#311863 What would you like to see in a future mfme update?

Posted by ross on 30 November 2017 - 06:30 AM in General FME Discussion

A reset button for when i plug too many coins in at the same time ie, and an alarm starts blaring on some of them i fumble around trying to turn the volume down before closing and reopening the mfme program in a hurry, or opening and closing the s door...

CTRL+R

#299715 What would you like to see in a future mfme update?

Posted by ross on 23 January 2017 - 11:33 PM in General FME Discussion

Anyone could create this element, and just link it up to the current emulator. I've toyed with the idea myself but I don't think I've got much programming skill when it comes to online elements. All we need is a front end which after a game is closed, it uploads the ram file to a central database, and then when someone loads a game on the front end, it pulls the latest version of the ram file to their computer and opens it in MFME. When the player finishes and closes MFME, the new RAM file is uploaded and replaces the old one, ready for the next player. But there is a lot more to make the front end properly functional, like the locking of ram files when someone is in play and security to stop the files being tampered with. One day I'm sure someone will have a go at this, and I would love to see it personally.

i have already tried this in the past and due to lack of interest canned it (twice) i have started it again (this time having a web app with an accompanying (exe to upload the ram file) but im only toying with it in my free time, i have no plans to make it public as that would be pointless if past experience is anything to go by.

#247773 what tech are these machines, and is it possible to be emulated?

Posted by ross on 13 February 2013 - 11:00 PM in Any Topic Chat

Jewel in the crown is emulated http://www.fruit-emu...rown-dx-layout/

EDIT: ROMS = http://www.fruit-emu...the-crown-roms/

doctors and nurses isnt at present im not sure what tech is runs on i have seen it in a old epoch cab but ive also seen it in the new ribbed cab thing (could be onestop (or epoch 2 or whatever its called)

#245497 Very Simple Layout Launcher

Posted by ross on 04 January 2013 - 05:22 AM in General FME Discussion

So heres the next update :) (can a mod/admin make this the first post as the first post is redundant)

+ support for upto 140 layouts

+ shout box (can be used while playing layouts by using the "KO" (keep ontop) button :)

how to use:

very simple to set up all you have to do is set the filepaths for all mfme emulators you plan to use

after that its a case of linking the .gam files for the layouts you want to launch through SLL

note: to use a screen shot you need to have a .jpg in the layouts root folder with the same filename as the .gam file (160H, 170W)

thats it just select a emulator from the drop down menu and click a layout to launch in that emulator :)

as allways use at your own risk!

note:

for the shoutbox you will need to create a log in (3 sec job) also for anyone that used my last app (fmescores) you allready have a log in ;)

*** Edit by Daryl ***

Please see first post in the thread also, this post is attached there for downloading the latest installer :)

…Thanks Ross mate :)

Attached Files

#238504 Very Simple Layout Launcher

Posted by ross on 14 August 2012 - 12:27 AM in General FME Discussion

It looks great Ross, but I have been so hesitant to use it, because of the instructions.

When I am in a 'clear day' with my memory, I will give it a go mate, as it looks like it will save some time, and I know you have put some work into it for the FME community - and for that, I am thankful bud. :)

its alot easier to use now as you dont need to set the .gam to open with a defualt emulator infact heres a video showing how easy it is from a fresh run :)

you will see how quick it is in the video i add the layout (by browsing to the .gam file) and i add the link to the emulator both only need to be done 1 time only

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hReOux44drc

#234512 Very Simple Layout Launcher

Posted by ross on 30 May 2012 - 02:08 AM in General FME Discussion

hi all

so yeah a layout launcher

very simple to use (all you have to do is link the .gam file and put a jpg in the layouts root folder with the same name of the .gam file .jpg only 160H, 170W)

it has a limit of 105 layouts (should be plenty)

also the layout folders can be all over the place (like on my pc) it will launch from pretty much anywere

but before you can use it you have to set .gam files to open up in mfme by default (see images)

ive set my .gam files to open with mfme10_1a as that the one i use most you need to set it to what ever version you use most

just browse to the mfme.exe you want to use with launcher then see step 4

as allways:

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

*** Edit by Daryl ***

...Please follow the link below for the updated version of this installer by Ross:

http://www.fruit-emu...ncher/?p=245497

Attached Thumbnails

• step1.jpg
  • step2.jpg
  • step3.jpg
  • step4.jpg
  • ll.jpg

#236391 Very Simple Layout Launcher

Posted by ross on 07 July 2012 - 08:55 PM in General FME Discussion

now with ram select

also added page 4 (upto 140 layouts)

EDIT: ill upload the new version tonight / tomorrow

#238501 Very Simple Layout Launcher

Posted by ross on 13 August 2012 - 11:31 PM in General FME Discussion

for those who care theres been a slight update :)

ignore all of the above all you have to do now is link the filepath for the emulators .exe and thats it

it now loads any layout in any mfme (if it works in that version)

as can be seen here

should be uploaded soon i just need to make sure the ram select works 100%

#246893 Very Simple Layout Launcher

Posted by ross on 25 January 2013 - 02:53 AM in General FME Discussion

another bit added (will be uploaded soon im just trying to get one more major bit in)

you can now set a default emulator for each layout (added as im a lazy shit so thought it was needed ;))

#252829 Use Dadsfme or lose Dadsfme

Posted by ross on 17 June 2013 - 01:44 PM in General FME Discussion

Sorry to hear to about the closing of Dadsfme it really was a good site but i can understand the reasons behind it fme is not even a shadow of its former self

weve lost about 90% of the people that made this "scene" what it is well what it was and whats left is hard to stay involved in

all the best dad hopefully we will see more of you in the future

#225240 U.s. News

Posted by ross on 15 December 2011 - 04:42 PM in General FME Discussion

Skizzo's back woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

#215563 The Future Of Fme - Now Is The Time!

Posted by ross on 13 July 2011 - 12:03 PM in General FME Discussion

Please just get on and shove this "Amber" thing out the door because at the moment it appears to be 'blocking' the release of the new MFME.

i cant belive you just posted that cleary you know f*** all about emulation and or dont give a shit about it
belive me i cant wait for the new mfme since it might allow me to play machines that got me into fme in the first place
but guitar has worked hard on getting amber were is it today and with the ammount of posts laying into him and his emulator
im surprised he's still working hard at it but then that just shows he does care about fme unlike some

#291233 The Fme Spark . . . .

Posted by ross on 24 September 2016 - 12:50 PM in Any Topic Chat

Okay, some good news, it turns out the issue relates to the speed you run the emulation at (i always play mine super quick) so you need to find the 'sweet spot' number for your pc (mine is 54000) makes it very playable:

might upload tomorrow or Monday depending on if i get enough time to give it a proper play

#291193 The Fme Spark . . . .

Posted by ross on 22 September 2016 - 06:32 PM in Any Topic Chat

Feels good to be doing layouts again, forgot how fun it was! although there is an issue with the sound  i'm hoping if and when MFME v5 is released it will be resolved.

#291163 The Fme Spark . . . .

Posted by ross on 21 September 2016 - 11:40 PM in Any Topic Chat

Yep. . . . its back.

Attached Thumbnails

• hyper viper 1080.jpg

#298477 Super Mario 64

Posted by ross on 05 January 2017 - 09:25 PM in Forthcoming Releases

first off let me say this is not going to be the best dx as the source image was tiny (675px and a gif!) but managed to get an ok dx from it thankfully.

ive seen a couple of people ask for this so thought i would post it up.

although i have a backlog of wips to go through this will be the next i release i have no idea when that will be though.

Attached Thumbnails

• supmariowdx.jpg