mixer's Content

There have been 19 items by mixer (Search limited from 01-May 14)

Sort by                Order  

#267296 £100 Slots Backfiring>

Posted by mixer on 23 April 2014 - 06:03 AM in Real Fruit Machines

There's such a thing as complacency and it doesn't look good. Careful not to kill the golden goose.

#267181 £100 Slots Backfiring>

Posted by mixer on 21 April 2014 - 07:38 AM in Real Fruit Machines

I now know the cashpot trick because there's a big rechipping exercise going on, so if anyone wants to know DOND emptiers then PM me. You all gotta act quick before the code is reconfigured.

#266477 £100 Slots Backfiring>

Posted by mixer on 10 April 2014 - 07:21 AM in Real Fruit Machines

I know straekesims, jaybee - I've been fishing just a bit. My trickster mate big Markie's told me vey little, and Chalkie and his big baldie bad-ass minder keep themselves to themselves !!

#266170 £100 Slots Backfiring>

Posted by mixer on 05 April 2014 - 09:37 AM in Real Fruit Machines

Gooster, Taytay

I've been chatting to a friend of Chalky (empties slots in SE Essex) and he's said that there is a DOND board sequence that, when the machine's 'ready' will drop the Cashpot or Megastreak (guaranteed £100 with poss. repeat).

Your sequence of 4, 6, 9, 10 and 4, 6, 9, 12 is valid on a few DONDS with a *slight* tweak :) !

#265905 £100 Slots Backfiring>

Posted by mixer on 31 March 2014 - 07:33 AM in Real Fruit Machines

Taytay, hands up, sorry, I misread your post, I thought you'd got a repeat via the conventional JP route jackpot (i.e. Bells). Obviously it can repeat via the DOND board!

And I only know a couple of tricks that is true; my trickster mate (who is extremely well connected - in fact he was the first to realize the potential of the true-skill Dial a Win DOND feature a few years back. Was re-chipped in a hurry that one, but not before he cleaned up and sold it on for £££) only throws me the occasional tidbit (usually when the DONDs are about to be replaced). So I'm always a little bit behind the times. (Although there are a few Wetherspoons/Smaller Pubs I can use but I have to time my trips carefully, no point in going once the tricksters have emptied 'em!)

I don't know the cashpot trap; wish I did !!!

#265873 £100 Slots Backfiring>

Posted by mixer on 30 March 2014 - 05:37 PM in Real Fruit Machines

Yes I think taytay is bluffing a bit, straekseims :)

#265764 £100 Slots Backfiring>

Posted by mixer on 28 March 2014 - 07:44 PM in Real Fruit Machines

You're right strakseims; these new Bar X 7 do flash nudge on £100. Just had a few installed in the seafront arcades where I live (Clacton). A friend of mine works in one of the arcades and he hasn't seen a £300 (i,e, 3 in a row) yet, only £100 hold once.

As an aside, apart from Blackpool, I think Clacton has more tricksters than anywhere in the UK!!

#265685 £100 Slots Backfiring>

Posted by mixer on 27 March 2014 - 08:00 AM in Real Fruit Machines

Taytay, let me give you a clue. The playing method on some DONDs is as unintuitive as the Doctors & Nurses (and clones) trick - Orange1 Bell4 - from years ago. If you dont know it, then as a casual player you are at a huge disadvantage. Boycott the slots in your pub for a week, then the tricksters will leave empty-handed leaving more payouts for you and your mates. Thats all i can suggest. Or get a digital refill key, ascertain when the slots are refilled and calculate whether its ahead/behind % depending on the %. Or keep in with the barman buying him the occasional drink (friendly pub) or keep in with selected lovals (unfriendly pub) for the state of play. But knowing the methods is the key, simple as that. Without them, and an 'all out for the JP' mentality, you're toast. Put your cash towards a top luxury holiday instead and stare at palm trees for a couple of weeks rather than your drab local :)

#265431 £100 Slots Backfiring>

Posted by mixer on 23 March 2014 - 08:36 PM in Real Fruit Machines

Staekseims. You can't kid kidders. There's no level playing field; we both know that. I can barely be bothered to argue the point.

#265388 £100 Slots Backfiring>

Posted by mixer on 23 March 2014 - 10:44 AM in Real Fruit Machines

There are different tricks for different DOND machines, mostly 'tells' to fast forward the jackpot/series of wins. I can't reveal what I know; all tricks are legal and most you can find out if you owned one and worked it out, but most require insider knowledge that most tricksters pay for. Please don't PM me, I can't give anything away (would you...?) Thank you.

#264880 £100 Slots Backfiring>

Posted by mixer on 14 March 2014 - 07:16 PM in Real Fruit Machines

Some great comments on this thread. Firstly, straekseims, I've nothing against tricksters per se; if you're using your skills then good luck to you. However, some tricksters can be intimidating and I don't like that behaviour especially in my local, for example (although, on one occasion, a particularly obnoxious trickster was 'seen to' and he wisely left the area altogether. Still brings a smile to my face that one!)

Fully agree with your comments wayne123. I'm also of the generation where changing up winnings over the bar was a special moment; as you say, now jackpots are paid in a flash and there's no sense of occasion. Quite deliberate, as you say - who wants to go on a 'dead' machine?

I would only add that the slots are controlled so tightly now (by tricksters/hammerers) that there are now two modes of play: dead and dead. And if you don't know the significance of the streak symbols on DOND machines (and the Cashpot conundrum), then you're missing such a big trick you are at a massive disadvantage straight away. If you're not in the know, then it will also take you extra £££ to secure the jackpot / series of large wins. (And how many times have I seen losing players deliberately take the Super Streak for a consolation £15/£20 [nooooo!], leave the machine then a trickster dive on it to take a quick £35/£40 straight after...!)

'Bank Job' and clones are very easy to play: it's a case of "all out" hammering a la Barcrest. Once you start getting "HiLo Jackpot" on the "?" square and landing on the Skill square this points to a happy machine (MEGA TIP! If you land on a ? and get "Continue" then it's on it's way and ALWAYS worth pursuing. You'll know on your very first feature board so it's not expensive to find out). Ensuring you always land on a red Bank Job, the payout tends to alternate between 70/140/70/140 etc (or 100/200 on the new machines) and it's a case of ensuring you 'catching' the 140/200 part of the cycle to make a profit (you'll more than likely make a loss chasing 70/100). Playing all out on Bank Job and clones is very interesting; for about £20 before it's ready to drop, the machine will appear to go 'cold' - but don't be put off; don't buckle! There are other tells and tricks but cannot reveal them here on pain of a grisly demise. Here's one for free though - get 5-7 red Bank Jobs in a row on the feature and it will flash (just Go All the Way, but "in a certain way" to maximize the 140/200 route...) - I'm not giving away much really though ;) 

Again thanks Markie for the gen!

#264725 £100 Slots Backfiring>

Posted by mixer on 11 March 2014 - 08:16 PM in Real Fruit Machines

You're right Magz; the £100ers are all geared up to the serious punter. Casual players are no more; they've had enough. Take the Snakes and Ladders £100 game at £1 a stake. Basically, it's all out, hoping you get to the top of board before you've stuck £100 in; and, as you probably know, each feature games takes you closer and closer to the jackpot. At 76% payout, though, that's an average £24 loss (per ton), and that's before you've paid the trickster "premium" (i.e. always assume every slot is pretty much dead before you go on it) and it makes you wonder if it's worth hammering them if you're not in the know.

Unless you can nip in before the tricksters do their rounds, then you might have a slightly better chance!

It's a matter of time before FOBTs infiltrate the pubs, at the next triennial review in 2017 it'll happen; jackpots will go straight from £100 to £250 I reckon (won't be the £500 jump). And watch out for a new government tax creaming off more of the profits.. and 72% payouts everywhere :(

#264639 £100 Slots Backfiring>

Posted by mixer on 09 March 2014 - 05:40 PM in Real Fruit Machines

You're right banditboy2006 that's exactly the pattern if you go 'all out'. It's all about making sure that you're on the 200 mega part of the cycle (and there's a distinct 'tell' for that :) ).

The profile's flatter on Bank Job and clones but the same principle. And if you ever take a win you simply push the jackpot further back and the 'hammerers' know this is a cardinal sin!

#264633 £100 Slots Backfiring>

Posted by mixer on 09 March 2014 - 04:18 PM in Real Fruit Machines

You're right NickYourPesos, the 'hammer the machine' brigade are a force to be reckoned with (although I think they're a subset of the trickster category!)

My favourite DOND trick is getting 8 streak boxes (red) and 'guaranteeing' the mega - obviously I won't put the full details here (and in fact have deliberately kept the trick a bit misleading) :)

#264591 £100 Slots Backfiring>

Posted by mixer on 08 March 2014 - 06:45 PM in Real Fruit Machines

When slot jackpots rose from £70 to £100, the pub trade rubbed their hands thinking their takings would go through the roof. Tricksters - professional slot players - thought so too. However, contrary to expectations takings have actually DROPPED since their implementation! Why is this?

Well, there are three types of slot gambler. Let's look at the impact of the new jackpots on each group.

1. Casual punter; happy to put a few quid in. Gamblers in this group have realized that the chance of hitting the jackpot is further away than ever and now that it can take over £10 to get a board now, just isn't worth it. Players have realised that the new game profiles are so flat that you can predict with tedious monotony where the 'bars' are; e.g. certain DONDs will give you £6, others £3 as usual...

2. Regular punters; wannabe tricksters. Think they know slots and are happy to plough loads in, sometimes a couple of hundred! But, alas, chasing the jackpot these days is a mugs game as it's further away than ever. It is this group that have cut down the most and sought sanctuary (and better odds) in the bookies instead; but even here the tricksters are in the know - but that's another thread for another day. Put simply, punters in this group didn't mind losing money as long as there was a consolation payoff at the end - but now, this group aren't even getting any sort of payoff and are leaving the slots in droves. It is this group that are abandoning the slots the most.

3. Tricksters; people that genuinely know the machines through a combination of "tells" and various game "features" that Joe Public would never know; it's all strictly between the machine programmers and the highly-developed distribution channels in which the valuable information is passed and shared. But this group are finding the going tougher, because there isn't the required turnover that would usually extract the profit (yes, I'm aware tricksters don't necessarily go "all out" for the jackpot, sometimes a series of small wins is the way forward). Therefore, normally pub routes have had to change so adjust to the new regime. (However, Tricksters have a new 'trick' up their sleeves - the DOND (and clones) £100 Cashpot trick - and no, I'm not revealing it! Ever wondered why a dead machine has just paid out the Cashpot..........Regular punters beware :)

So, in summary, £100 slots might be a step too far and too high. I'd be interested in other views on the forum, and whether we might see a resurgence of £70 jackpots, the jackpot level that all gamblers feel they can have a crack at?

Thanks to 'Big' Marky, one of my trickster mates, for some of the info in this post.

#205173 Swp - Playing Games Warehouse Swps Question

Posted by mixer on 25 January 2011 - 10:28 PM in General FME Discussion

HI Darienne, thank you for your help.
I've got it working!!!!
Thank you all for your help and have a great evening.

#205165 Swp - Playing Games Warehouse Swps Question

Posted by mixer on 25 January 2011 - 09:06 PM in General FME Discussion

Ady - thank you for your reply, although a little confused. I wont deny I've been a member for a while, and am of course grateful for the opportunity to download the great games here. Hey, I only asked a question.

And pauldot, thank you for the link. I'm not having much luck, the 6 files that need to go in the System folders are in place but when I run the .exe on the GW games no joy at all. But thanks for the link anyway.

#205119 Swp - Playing Games Warehouse Swps Question

Posted by mixer on 24 January 2011 - 09:42 PM in General FME Discussion

Hi, I've been very much enjoying playing the swp games on this site, however am having problems running GW (Games Warehouse) games such as Pink Panther, Vegas Experience etc.
I start the .exe and nothing happens. I've had a good try trying to get these games working but with no luck. Any help would be great!!!! Many thanks.

#171437 help error 48 alarm

Posted by mixer on 11 July 2009 - 07:14 PM in EMULATOR Help & Advice

Hi Bazpeeb

I also had a Error 48 today; nearly jumped out of my skin as it was so loud! You've suggested unplugging the speaker in case it happens again; I wondered, is it straightforward to do? I've got a MPU5 field manual but it doesn't refer to speakers. Any help on this would be very gratefully appreciated.