cardie's Content

There have been 1000 items by cardie (Search limited from 02-May 14)

Sort by                Order  

#283335 3 holds on Party Time

Posted by cardie on 18 August 2015 - 10:28 PM in Real Fruit Machines

Could just be a glitch, ive played machines and had odd things happen. Could be running some bad software and hasnt been updated for years, you just dont know with machines. A local arcade near me (im good friends with the manager) bought a 2006 Model Astra Double Decker with orginal software on it (was somthing like version 1.0.2) and there was about 30 different revisions for the machines on that year, they put new sofware on it and they wanted £80EACH for ONE security chip! and all it did was make the machines shite, no gameplay to them at all!

#283197 help! rocket money reel fault.

Posted by cardie on 09 August 2015 - 05:56 PM in Real Fruit Machine help and technical support

Bit of a trek to pick it up though...

Which is why you ask for delivery, only gonna be £5 ish

#283194 help! rocket money reel fault.

Posted by cardie on 09 August 2015 - 03:23 PM in Real Fruit Machine help and technical support

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item33a5d4f776

Only a fiver and you get a free reel haha.

#283180 help! rocket money reel fault.

Posted by cardie on 08 August 2015 - 02:16 PM in Real Fruit Machine help and technical support

Ive had a few omeron sensors just 'go' no real reason behind them they do just break like any other componant can.

Like AA says, there pence to buy and it will cure the problem as long as its for the REEL5 Unit that MPU5 machines use.

I changed one on an impact Crazy Club (JPM) and the machine worked but the reel was completly out of alignment, they do, do different types of sensor but all MPU5 ones are the same.

#283138 Firefox/Flash Issues

Posted by cardie on 05 August 2015 - 11:20 PM in Any Topic Chat

Everytime I look for this problem among forums and search engines I get posts from bloody years ago!

The issue is video playback lag.

Full screen is not a problem, everything is fine in full screen, HD and even 4K is fine so I dont have a graphics issue.

But if im watching in say a normal youtube video size box, the video plays okay but the rest of the computer is slow, and all shit brakes loose even if there is ONE advert running anywhere on the page. To the point where the computer locks up, even the mouse eventually stops and I bet a BIOS beep, everytime I press any key, after usually bang on 30 seconds it starts to slowly work again. Soon as I close firefox the computer goes 100% instant again, no issues at all. How can Flash/Firefox be causing this much of a problem?

Yes its all the lastest updates ETC.

CCleaner is run probably every 2 or 3 days (registry cleaner etc)

Ive uninstalled and reinstalled everything.

Hardware acceleration has been tried off and on, makes no difference.

Ive tried different browsers, only chrome seems to partially work but is just slow all round.

Running out of ideas now! and I know this is a common problem but no one has an answer for it!

#282493 I have finished 1 college now!

Posted by cardie on 03 July 2015 - 04:49 PM in Any Topic Chat

is this your beauty ?

You been on a facebook prowl?

#282309 cannabis and your views

Posted by cardie on 19 June 2015 - 11:38 PM in Any Topic Chat

I dont like it for these reasons.

People doing the drug, doesnt really bother me. Id rather not sit trying to make conversation with someone who cant be arsed keeping their eyes open.

(to me) it smells of Cat Piss, Body Odour and Stella all mixed in one.

It turns people into lazy, slow, no personality type people.

People complain that they cant wake up in the morning.

Ive tried it once and nothing has ever appeald to me less... I felt very very very little difference, and it wasnt a good feeling, just didnt see the point, didnt find it relaxing and very boring.

These are my experiances from people I know and close friends that do it, and its a massive waste of money with way more risk of trouble than what its worth.

If it works for some people, then great, doesnt bother me and to be honest I dont see why its such a big issue, id rather talk to a stoner than a drunk. But discussing it is on the same levels as people talking about homosexuality... People do it? Whos arsed? Nothing like that bothers me, its just somthing id rather not do, like stamp collecting.

The only things that do bother me, and to be honest, scare me... Is cocaine, heroine, crack, ketamine. Watching people on shit like that knocks me sick and ive happily f***ed people out of my life for that.

#282222 Machine paying out £2 instead of £1

Posted by cardie on 16 June 2015 - 03:43 PM in Real Fruit Machine help and technical support

Dirty Hopper sensor probably, what make is it? Sure this is a Global/Maygay.

#282065 Windows 10 free upgrade reserve icon

Posted by cardie on 08 June 2015 - 01:29 PM in Any Topic Chat

I tried using Windows 8 on a laptop and I couldnt for the life of me work it out!

Windows 7  isnt too bad, im still using Vista on everything and XP at work.

#281837 Impulse Gaming Gridrunner reset procedure

Posted by cardie on 27 May 2015 - 09:58 PM in Real Fruit Machines

With epoch, soon as a battery leaks its simply a matter of time before you get issues, usually processing based issues so every machine will usually have a unique problem.

My geronimo had FIVE boards in it and not one of them worked, all because they all had very very faint battery damage, every board gave a different problem.

2 Didnt boot, one booted and locked up, another booted then alarmed any alarm it wanted and another boooted fine, but after 10 mins or so the reels would go out of alignment and eventually it would lock up.

The rest of the boards are fairly reliable, apart from MK1 lamp boards. Still, with the reels board not having a LED lit on yours id be checking power first. Solid green light means its powered up, a flashing green light means its reciving instructions from the main board. If this board is faulty the machine will not boot as its the 3rd in line board.

#281818 Impulse Gaming Gridrunner reset procedure

Posted by cardie on 26 May 2015 - 01:40 PM in Real Fruit Machines

So I checked the batteries on the mainboard and there is no leakage - in fact all the boards are clean as a whistle.  Ive taken the board out to inspect also....so question is do I need to maybe just replace the cells?  There are 3 x lights lit on the board - 12V + and -, and VLOGIC.  The three that are not lit are the alarm, reset and VDISP.

There is even the hiss coming from the speakers.

The board next to the hopper has no green light.

Any more ideas - what would the reset procedure even be for this following an alarm trigger?

Check all the links to the boards, if one of them is loose or damaged the machine will not run.

The hiss from the speakers is a good sign and shows the program is running as the sound chip (badly) amplifies data transferr across the board.

#281813 memex piggyback board with "altera" chip (S4)

Posted by cardie on 25 May 2015 - 09:26 PM in Real Fruit Machine help and technical support

Isnt that a sound extension board? Or a board S4 uses for sythesizing sound like an old scorp2?

Then again barcrests MPU5 had its own sythesizer, I think they only used it on red gamings version of line up.

#281710 Happy Birthday cardie.

Posted by cardie on 20 May 2015 - 05:05 PM in Any Topic Chat

Thanks again everyone, shits taken a turn for the worst again, was at a junction about 6 miles away from my house, and my car decided to rip about 12 teeth off its cambelt resulting in an engine with 12 of 16 valves bent! More money! and ive also lost a phone and £74 through paypal refunding someone who said they 'didnt want my phone anymore' and havent sent it back so paypal very kindly took all of the money back out of my account so im left with no phone or money, yaaaay!

This will be a 21st to remeber!

#281597 Happy Birthday cardie.

Posted by cardie on 16 May 2015 - 06:31 PM in Any Topic Chat

Thank you chaps very nice to see this once a year :) (I am still here just quiet/busy)

Had a bit of a hectic year, very good start to the year, met a lovely girl through work, had a brilliant christmas with friends and family, money was good, work was good...

Turns out the girl who was genuinley 'poorley' mentally, even at the good times turned out to be a dick, only so much shitting on I can take while trying to support her through her illness so she got binned off. Had a load of expensive issues with my car and long story short ended up with a car that had been crashed and badly repaired, on top of all that I had a bit of an accident at work and ended up quite ill for a few weeks but nothing too major, then a big chunk off my 'step' family fell apart and now a good 4 or 5 people have left my life for good by the looks of it, so not a good year so far but works picked up really well, cars are sorted and im feeeling a lot better in myself so onwards and upwards!

Thank you again for all the messages :)

#281110 Keith Harris

Posted by cardie on 29 April 2015 - 01:45 PM in Any Topic Chat

Shame to hear this, he lived less than a mile from my house and we used to see him all the time, used to see him in a Black Merc S320 with ORV111E as a private number plate, also a good friend of mine worked as an electrician at his home for a few weeks and said he was a very very nice guy to be around :(

#280625 Jpm's Pinball Wizard £15 1024wdx "mfme"

Posted by cardie on 15 April 2015 - 09:54 PM in Forthcoming Releases

Restored one of these last year, picked it up from a shit hole town a few miles from mine for £20.

Needed new locks (had a spare new set) the battery removing off the game card by a fly by wire and a bloody good service. Good clean, repainted a few bits and fitted a better pair of speakers.

Was a really good machine, apparently its in an arcade in kent or margate somewhere now, the man who picked it up was a haulage company and said the guys always buying them up, there was 3 or 4 other machines in the van.

#280302 MPU6 - Hopper Error 17

Posted by cardie on 02 April 2015 - 04:01 PM in Real Fruit Machine help and technical support

Sounds like a ground or loom fault, you wouldnt normally have 2 of roughly the same errors all of sudden, its unlikley the hopper has failed, have a good look at the connections to the MPU. Comms test is for connecting to an external source, a Master top board or another machine etc.

#280202 Your "Most Wanted" unemulated tech.

Posted by cardie on 27 March 2015 - 04:25 PM in General FME Discussion

Wasnt there one or two Machines QPS made that used Pluto 5Tech from Astra? I remeber Cash Cow and Yabba Dabba Darts ran on Pluto 5? I would be going with the most machines left on an un emulated tech. How many Electrocoin High tech machines were made?

#280167 Your "Most Wanted" unemulated tech.

Posted by cardie on 26 March 2015 - 07:05 PM in General FME Discussion

Sound will be 100% in amber, I can only assume that the Scorp4/MPU5 release we have was incomplete regarding the sound. I've done an emulation of the YMZ280B in the original amber which had the correct settings for pitch altering. Its a really straight forward chip, so I assume it just wasn't finished in MFME.

Ah I understand, after playing a lot of BFM Machines it bugs me in MFME when the pitch doesnt alter, it takes a lot of the gameplay away for me, least its easy to sort. th YMZ chip im guessing is a Yamaha Chip which if I remeber the Scorp4 Amplifier was based on that? I know Epoch uses an 8 channel Yamaha amplifier which probably only 2 were ever used, maybe 3?

#280164 Your "Most Wanted" unemulated tech.

Posted by cardie on 26 March 2015 - 06:39 PM in General FME Discussion

For the majority id be saying Epoch, its like the other 50% of fruit machines? If we can already emulate scorp 4 and mpu5 can we embedd them into a new emulator or edit MFME itself to run CCTalk Hoppers/Serial Hoppers and crack the red gaming security? THAT for me would be a huuuuuge step, improving on what we have. Little things like Sound tempos, especially on BFM Machines!

#280158 red gaming jackpot genie free spares or repair. skelmersdale

Posted by cardie on 26 March 2015 - 05:16 PM in Interesting Auctions and For Sale section

Sling it on a local facebook buy/sell/swap jobby, youll at least get £5 and a blowy of a smackhead for it.

I put my Geronimo on there as fully working and got £40 for it :D

#280034 Project Amber 2 - Voting Thread.

Posted by cardie on 21 March 2015 - 05:22 PM in General FME Discussion

Ive had a couple of epoch boards off Killcrazy around mid december time, he said hes not too far from me (lancashire area) but ive not heard off him since.

#279841 Jumping Bean - DOND Coin Pusher AWP 2002

Posted by cardie on 13 March 2015 - 02:42 PM in Real Fruit Machines

I saw one in the a Pub back when I spent my childhood in the lakes, its wasnt a Deal or no Deal one but it was Deffinatly a Bellfruit machine (Badged as Jumping Bean, built by Bellfruit) ALWAYS breaking, or soon as you win more than about 20 10ps at once it would alarm 'Tilt' and close the payout tray. Crap, it was in there for ages aswell!.

#279840 Project Amber 2 Hype Thread...

Posted by cardie on 13 March 2015 - 02:39 PM in General FME Discussion

Good think about Guitar is he usually delivers on his promises. As they say in my area, hes a 'Top babe'.

#279495 empire its a kinda magic

Posted by cardie on 04 March 2015 - 05:38 PM in Real Fruit Machine help and technical support

% keys for all machines, unless its a clubber but im sure they are the same as in dips 4 to 8 are the same as 9 to 12.

% keys for all machines, unless its a clubber but im sure they are the same as in dips 4 to 8 are the same as 9 to 12.

Here it actually is, I cant find the edit button.

Here it actually is, I cant find the edit button.

Attached Thumbnails

• Prize Stake Key Sticker.jpg
  • percentage key.jpg