Deathclaw's Content

There have been 150 items by Deathclaw (Search limited from 30-April 14)

Sort by                Order  

#275434 £5 S4/S5 photos.

Posted by Deathclaw on 07 November 2014 - 10:21 AM in General FME Discussion

I used winzip to open both files with no problems.

I think you'll find people are trying to use the inbuilt compression tool in Windows.

As I said, try a stand alone app like Winzip or 7zip. You may even find that Winrar will work.

#275431 £5 S4/S5 photos.

Posted by Deathclaw on 07 November 2014 - 08:58 AM in General FME Discussion

@andy-1 any decent machines worth dx'in on zip2 if so are you taking any on???

Probably about the best fruit machines ever made.

ZIP 2 is not corrupt, but was put together on OSX so you will need something like 7ZIP. Either way here it is again zipped on Winzip for MAC.

And that neatly sums up the reason you're still on the moderation queue.

I'd need to care for your post to carry any weight.

http://www.filedropp...m/oldermachines

#275428 £5 S4/S5 photos.

Posted by Deathclaw on 07 November 2014 - 01:49 AM in General FME Discussion

The second zip was created on a MAC using OSX. Try using, I dunno, 7zip or something. If not I'll reupload it's no biggy.

#275410 £5 S4/S5 photos.

Posted by Deathclaw on 06 November 2014 - 07:37 PM in General FME Discussion

Hey, is there any need to go fowl mouthing folks here?

Sorry we don't jump up and wipe your arse when you click your fingers!

Not sure what the other staff are up to, but attending the house fire at me mothers place takes priority.

I've merged your two threads BTW

You're welcome. And yeah, there is a need to foul mouth because I like swearing.

#275402 £5 S4/S5 photos.

Posted by Deathclaw on 06 November 2014 - 02:57 PM in General FME Discussion

Given I'm in a moderation queue and can't just reply to the topic I posted (because it's not gone through the #@#@#@#s, I mean moderators yet) here are some more photos.

http://www.filedropp...asstfmeandparts

I have probably around two thousand, though if this is what I have to go through then tbh? for now I cba uploading any more.

Any way, that ought to do it for now. Plenty of fun to be had with those if you know what you're doing.

See you in about eight month's time, when some one mentions FME on FF again.

BTW. Before the lazy c*** brigade even bothers to slag me off.

Camera = £90. Legs = free. Use.The.f*****g.Thing.

It's really not that hard.

#275401 £5 S4/S5 photos.

Posted by Deathclaw on 06 November 2014 - 02:35 PM in General FME Discussion

http://www.filedropper.com/fmephotos

Some photos I took whilst on a recent holiday. There are at least two there that can be emulated. If the £5 roms don't work then the others will, just make some decals up. Shouldn't be too hard for some one who knows their way around Photoshop.

I'll upload a few more in just a moment.

#274102 Where have all the creators gone?

Posted by Deathclaw on 11 September 2014 - 02:43 PM in General FME Discussion

Unfortunately the last time the designers and coders got together Smithers released the hounds.

The rest is history.

#269229 Project Amber Ideas Thread

Posted by Deathclaw on 13 May 2014 - 02:31 PM in Project Amber

See looking at Fuzion's design and comparing it to what we have and the 'line-up' the big difference is the designers approach.  Fuzion has no personal agenda regarding the final product, he designs for the 'customer.'  DC however has a personal agenda.  He wants his skin to look like Line Up mpu3 etc.  He wants it for HIM primarily.  He wants Amber his way, he wants his name on the credits and up in lights, he wants to be involved with another coder.

This is how you get a product that does not fit most people's needs, because it has been designed with one person's agenda in mind.  Hope you get my point. :)

None of the structure of the emulator nor how it works have been changed to fit any 'agendas'. I really don't know where you come up with this stuff !

Nick sent me a pm months ago asking me for my help with Amber. He wanted me to help him get MPU3 running properly and a couple of layouts made for it so that he could test it and get it all running correctly. I said no. I do not want to get involved in this bollocks again.

Then he asked me again, so I had a bit of free time and agreed. I made a layout, MPU3 is now running perfectly (finished, basically.)

Just like pretty much every one else I didn't like the skin so I asked him if I could change it. He said yes, but, leave the structure alone (and I know why now).

If it helps you any Geddy I won't release my skin nor my layout/s. If that makes you happy then I am more than willing to oblige, because, over the past couple of days you seem to be getting a bee stuck in your bonnet as to why I am helping Nick.

So, just like last time when I designed the alpha and segs (and told him not to tell any one, completely contrary to what you seem to think is going on here) if you (and I will ask you, seeing as you are the one causing so much unrest over it). If you do not want my skin for the emulator or my layout/s let me know.

Given that no one else is speaking up I will leave it completely up to you, and will gladly demonstrate how little I care for all of this attention.

#269227 Project Amber Ideas Thread

Posted by Deathclaw on 13 May 2014 - 02:21 PM in Project Amber

Yes fella, I will definately finish this design off and release when completed no problems at all.

J

Just like many other things in this world I think that nobody really understands this. I don't mean that rudely, but, taking one look at your skin there unless Nick totally changes the code your skin won't work.

Right now the emulator has a set of PNGs (around 100 in all). It reads where the text is and where the blocks underneath it go, so, unless the emulator is changed your skin, right now, would not work.

All I have done is take the default set of PNGs the emulator reads and changed the colours and the font. That's all you can do. If you start to make changes on where the emulator looks for the artwork you will break it. And the only person who could change that is Nick, but, right now if he released the tool to pack the skin then all you would be able to do is what I have done, and that's to basically replace the existing graphics Amber uses.

If you move the writing off to the right then the emulator will not know where to look for it. I hope that makes sense.

I also don't think people realise just how long it takes to 'skin the emu'. It's probably about ten times harder and more time consuming and involved than making a DX.

Right now with how the emulator works and what we would have if a skin tool were to be released now your design would not work dude.

It's going to be down to Nick to change that. I don't even know if he can change it so that it would be universally changeable so that any skin with any layout would work. The entire code structure reads pixel placement and position. If you move that it won't work.

#269145 Project Amber Ideas Thread

Posted by Deathclaw on 12 May 2014 - 05:21 PM in Project Amber

I'm sorry to say but from where I'm sitting (and a great deal of others) this GUI is just an excuse for DC to get his 'claws' into it and use it for boasting rights.  He loves messing about in PS etc and he is trying to show off his 'skills' to get some 'I did that points.'  He wants to be involved in another Emulator project and this is the only way he can do so.

Then why don't you and the great deal of others make a front end for it and release it? that way you can put me on ignore, and my skin, and pretend I don't even exist.

Once the skin packing tool is ready there will be nothing to stop you or any one else making it look exactly as they wish.

#269131 Project Amber Ideas Thread

Posted by Deathclaw on 12 May 2014 - 04:18 PM in Project Amber

But that is my whole point, it does not NEED doing, it has no bearing on the emulation and is purely cosmetic.  A simple grey box style GUI that is functional would IMO be far preferable.  

Also to add the current 'skin' is barely readable at times with the bad combination of reds/oranges and a poor font choice.

I'm not sure why we have to complicate things when often the simplest solution is the best and least time consuming. :(

No you're right there, it doesn't need doing. It's not going to change the emulator in any way. However, it is an option. Can you see Wizzy allowing people to change his emu?

Yes I agree, the current skin is pretty naff. Kinda reminds me of the wild west at times, what with the font and all. But that's exactly why Nick is making it interchangeable. Personally I quite like the "Well if you don't like it do something about it" attitude he takes. f*** me, the day Chris ever said that to any one (and gave them the means to do it) hell would freeze over.

The font as it is is unreadable yes, that's why I am using an mpu3 alpha for the mpu3 edition as it is an alpha and thus on a (almost) black background so it is far more readable.

It's not an easy excercise to skin the emu but hey, as I said, option will be there.

#269113 Project Amber Ideas Thread

Posted by Deathclaw on 12 May 2014 - 02:48 PM in Project Amber

I think it will become skinnable, so you can have it to look exactly how you prefer, I'm pretty sure this is what was said.  I do agree, I like a simple looking frontend.  I did pass some artwork on to Guitar which was very streamlined but still sexy and sleek looking.  He's welcome to use mine or request further help with it if needed, but this is Guitars choice at the end of the day.

J

It was yeah. The skin has to be designed using the existing layout, so basically you would need the source art, then modify the graphics to use yours. That's how it works at the moment, and, I think is how it will work when the skinning packing tool is done.

There's about 100 images to do IIRC. Some of them need to be done in various states too, so lit, glowed, shaded etc. Each button has about 4 variants, one omni, one drop shadow, one off and then one black and white. I'll warn you now - skinning the entire emu would take about a week. I've put in four days and I haven't done the font map yet (15 images or so IIRC).

It reads PNGs, so you need to output them as png then the packing tool will create the skin file :)

#268980 The state of layouts :)

Posted by Deathclaw on 11 May 2014 - 04:51 PM in General FME Discussion

To be fair, unless Wizzy released the emulator to go with them, then it would be a bit like him dishing out bags of carrots.

bj

Aye. Must have been very lonely being Harvey.

#268964 Split from Project Amber 2 thread...

Posted by Deathclaw on 11 May 2014 - 03:21 PM in General FME Discussion

@ DC - We've not had such arguments on here or any other FME site since.............hang on let me think a minute..................SINCE THE LAST TIME YOU WERE HERE!!

It's plainly obvious to everyone who's at fault here.  Most people who've been around FME for a few years know what to expect from you now as you're nothing but consistent.  You bugger off for a while then return like you're FME's long lost son who we owe everything to.  As soon as you're challenged you resort to abuse, not just the odd swearword but on a level which would normally get anyone else banned.

You've probably managed to upset every single layout designer by using phrases such as "now a proper designer is on the case" and "who else is doing anything in FME?", I mean really who do you think you are? 

Go away again PLEASE!  We don't need you, your layouts and more importantly your over inflated ego.

****Don't bother replying either, I've heard it all before.***

True story bra.

OK OK look, I won't bother replying so you are in control, I'll just let old Emily speak for me. OK? that way you don't have to moderate it.

EDITED. Pointless, off topic posting of videos.

#268959 Split from Project Amber 2 thread...

Posted by Deathclaw on 11 May 2014 - 03:14 PM in General FME Discussion

I find it hilarious really.

Every one's telling me to f*** off and go away, yet, take a look around you. Who did that? oh, that would be me. Funny that isn't it? I'm the worst guy in the world, yet all of a sudden since I turned up (apart from the past hugging idiots) so has every one else, and there's more FME activity than you lot have seen in f*****g years.

VIVA AMBER MPU3

#268953 Split from Project Amber 2 thread...

Posted by Deathclaw on 11 May 2014 - 02:56 PM in General FME Discussion

I assume you mean me, as I'm the only Moderator here that still venture and posts at Fruit Forums...

...as I've forgotten which post I made at Fruit Forums in which I made such an 'outburst' please refresh me of the link, in fact all of us of the link, so as I can have a nostalgic look back at what I wrote and what so obviously made an impression on you for you to remember it - because it is more than I can.

No, I don't mean you.

quack quack quack quack quack quack quack "the c word that people instinctively use when they are losing an argument"  "the c word that people instinctively use when they are losing an argument" etc.

#268919 The state of layouts :)

Posted by Deathclaw on 11 May 2014 - 01:15 PM in General FME Discussion

Well I found it an entertaining read, and if it made people stop and relook at their work ironing out any issues and adding that extra bit of quality then it did it's job.

And why does he need to be a master DXer to review others. You don't need to be a top chef to be a food critic, you just need a good palate and appreciate what's served infront of you.

I don't agree. I personally think that if you are going to criticise something then you need to know what it is you are talking about, otherwise you just look stupid. I see food critics as the same. Stupid snobby stuck up c***s would couldn't make a jam sandwich.

But then it's different of course, because food is based on taste.

Harvey didn't know Photoshop from the back side of his arse, thus, did not even understand what he was criticising.

It was just a loud mouthed c*** slagging every one off. Please explain to me what gives him that right? What it is that gives him the right to go around slagging people off? I wouldn't even mind if he knew what he was talking about.

That's the problem with this scene and always was. Too many mouths, dirt dodgers and critics. All of which of course are incredibly ungrateful. Even if he were an active layout designer (and not just sitting there stuffing himself and pigging out on inner circle stuff) then I could go a ways to understanding.

LOL the video that Chris posted with the techs in was funny as f***. All of the DXes were Harveys. All of them were unreleased.

#268917 The state of layouts :)

Posted by Deathclaw on 11 May 2014 - 01:10 PM in General FME Discussion

Harv did make Dxs yes.  However he was really Wizard and quit whenever Wizzy quit and came back whenever he did.  I enjoyed his site and reviews and do believe it gave some folk some focus.  He did not like DC at all especially over the EPEE lark and thus I can understand DC's dislike for him.

Harv being in bed with Wizzy made him be in a particular impossible situation.

Harvey was Chris's voice. He paired himself up with Chris from day one and lived by the sword. His reward? basically everything. He was privvy to pretty much every beta and every tech Chris ever made. But that's a lonely path to take what with Chris being Chris.

Me and Epee? hehe, that was no different to Harvey and Chris. The difference was though that I wanted Epee out there with people using it. It was probably THE most frustrating and stressful thing I have ever been involved with. I find it amazing how people blame that all on me, yet, fail to see that there was some one else behind it calling all of the shots.

Just like Harvey I simply said what I was allowed to say and that's all. And that's not a nice position to be in unless you're a completely submissive sort of person. I wasn't allowed to post pics, videos, alphas, betas.. f*** all.

Do you know that as soon as it got to the point where it was actually doing something the betas alphas and pics totally stopped? know why? cos I had served my purpose. My purpose was getting any one I could find that could supply info (a certain person called Gareth, who took me six months to locate and track down) information on the core, lumps of code, docs etc. f*** sake I must have wasted a good 18 months of my life. And the shit wasn't even released.

When I f***ed off in '08 I f***ed off completely. As I said elsewhere, Guitar PMed me asking for help on Fruitforums where I had never left (I like shooting the shit with like minded people) not the other way around. If people here think he doesn't need me then that's fine. He doesn't, but then at the same time my knowledge and experience are indeed very helpful.

Guitar doesn't really like MPU3 much. He's not old enough to care very much about it. But with my help and knowledge of it it's now far beyond what MFME could do. The sound, for example (the most important thing) is absolutely bang on.

#268911 Split from Project Amber 2 thread...

Posted by Deathclaw on 11 May 2014 - 12:53 PM in General FME Discussion

Personally I'm not sure my help would be accepted.

Listen matey, yesterday was yesterday, today is today. What's done is done, there's absolutely no point holding onto it. I'm sure Nick really couldn't care less.

#268910 Split from Project Amber 2 thread...

Posted by Deathclaw on 11 May 2014 - 12:52 PM in General FME Discussion

Maybe you should report the thread that this happened in. Though this is a mods job possibly.

J

Why would I? I'm a fully grown adult who can take care of myself. Yet, when I take care of myself I'm put in a moderation queue.

I'm not aiming this at you J, but there are a few members here who can't let go of the past. They've made it quite clear, by repeatedly bashing on about what I did to kill the scene. Things I did in 2003, for f*** sake. That just means they're unable to let go of things from over a decade ago and just get the f*** along with things.

I know perfectly well where they stand. 99% of it is just shit to deflect their own guilt for things they did (things I have not, not even once brought up because I just don't care). I could bash on about how several members made Wizard's life a nightmare. Or how about the member that sat and cross examined code in MFME to prove that it had a MAME core in (MPU4)? or how about the member who called Wizard, and I quote, A Petulant c*** ? that one would have been sure to see him off for a couple more years, eh?

But I don't. Mostly because I really don't care. If Chris ever cared about any one but himself then he had a f*****g funny way of showing it. I know full well what happened, because I was keeping track of all of it. Chris comes along every so often on the Mecca, gets involved in a thread, dangles a carrot..... One of the spite krew upsets him and he f***s off again, leaving an entire scene heart broken.

But, I don't care about that shit. Chris was never EVER going to be able to release again because of the way he had treated people, repeatedly, over the span of a decade.

A certain member had a bit of an outburst on Fruit Forums a while back making it clear he was still holding onto the past. Same said member is a moderator here... Funny that eh?

So I'm not surprised in any shape or form that I am being singled out, picked on, abused and now put in a moderator queue. Not surprised at all.

But it doesn't matter. Because the bottom line here is FME. 

#268891 The state of layouts :)

Posted by Deathclaw on 11 May 2014 - 11:14 AM in General FME Discussion

If DIF were still about, people would think twice before rushing a release.

If DIF was still about we'd not have moved on.

I wouldn't even mind if the guy behind it was an expert.

IMO the only person who has ever been in this scene who could critique layouts was MFB, Mikeyfromblighty, AKA - Mike.

Harvey spent his days slagging off what he clearly didn't seem to understand. IE - the fundamental basics of layout designing. If you don't have good source art then unless you completely redraw the f*****g thing you ain't gonna get a world beating DX. So, you're left with a conundrum. Do I bother to DX this machine and give it a face or just leave it alone?

If the answer to that is yes then Captain Harvey Mc c***y is going to slag you off, regardless, because he doesn't understand that. All he ever did was take a flyer, put it under a scanner then DX it, pretty basically.

Now in an ideal world every one would avoid that sort of source art. Yet, sometimes we don't really have a choice.

Idiots like that need to bugger off. Slagging people off isn't a prime motivation for them.

#268886 Split from Project Amber 2 thread...

Posted by Deathclaw on 11 May 2014 - 11:05 AM in General FME Discussion

I'm not keen on it either, but in the light of all the personal attacks on all and sundry yesterday, I believe it to be warranted at this time.
When I go to sleep Id rather be secure in the knowledge that there won't be another bunch of angry and abusive posts waiting for me in the morning.

The proof of all that was said is there so that people can remind themselves of all that was said - apart from the (historic, first ever?) Implementation of the swear filter to change certain words, none of the content has been blocked or edited to my knowledge.

Its worth adding that a while ago Daysleeper also received an (unnofficial) warning about his conduct in relation to Deathclaw, but responded to it in a (relatively) sensible way. Thus no official, public warning was used.

Also please note that a warning was only issued to Deathclaw in response to official logged complaint/s from another user.

I wonder if there is any way to be seen to be correct, given that when I'm not seen to take action, it's a bad thing, and yet when I do take very clear action it's also criticised?

DS offered to give out my address to any one who wanted it yet you left that in. LOL, please don't think I'm stupid. I can see what has happened here better than any one else. As soon as I turn up so do several members who all want to moan about me and attack me, yet, you've let all of that slide. And I know why, too.

So please, just save it. Every time you post on the matter you just trip yourself up. DS came back here with one thing in mind - to take lumps out of me. He made that clear from his very first post, then began to insult me calling me all manner of names. IIRC I responded to that once by calling him a vapid moron.

But as I say, you let all of that slide. The name calling, the false accusations (how I supposedly stole money). You do realise all of that was libel and slander yes? and that I could, quite easily, contact the host of your site and have it forcibly removed?

Yet I haven't.

So as I say, you keep me in your moderation queue. Keep being the hypocrite. It's not me that looks bad here dude, several members have already voiced their distaste for it and how unfair it is.

And the hilarity is that when it comes to FME I am currently the most active member here, yet, I am the one being moderated for fighting back. I am the one driving Guitar nuts to get MPU3 properly emulated and working for the masses.

I came back here in total peace. I made it clear I did not want to argue with any one, nor get into any bullshit. Yet from the moment I came back several old members (who spent their time pissing off those that matter) all came back with me and started shit.

Doesn't matter. As I say, any one with half a brain can see what's happened here.

#268792 Amber Line Up Prototype.

Posted by Deathclaw on 10 May 2014 - 05:23 PM in WIP for Amber

That video is absolutely bob on.  Thanks for sharing and a huge leap forwards in MPU3 sound emulation terms from MFME.

bj

Yeah the sound really is quite marvellous tbh BJ. Guitar really has worked hard on it because when I started the layout it sounded absolutely terrible.

I always hated how it sounded a bit flat in MFME and the pitch was off so it didn't squeal properly.

Tonight Nick and I are going to be working on adding all of the sounds. So I've spent a few days ripping videos from Youtube of an actual Line up, then cutting them around and cleaning them up etc to be used in the emu.

Line up absolutely needs that 10p shoot out where it clanks out a 10p when you lose. It's just a part of the atmosphere that has always been missing sadly.

I'm really excited about releasing this because from an emulation perspective it's the closest I've been to playing the real thing in about 30 years :D

Geddy.

The skin has been made using MPU3 pretty much everything lol. The colours were all taken from an MPU3 module (see pic)

MPU3_Razzle-Dazzle-2_zps905fad2b.jpg

The text thing is a real MPU3 alpha that I scanned in and cleaned up.

Not to everyone's taste, but, I've also been working with Guitar on making the skins replaceable. He's going to build a tool that takes the main component folder for Amber and turns it into a archive that is then read by the emu. Once he does that people can create any front end they wish.

I will say though, it's a lot of work to skin Amber. Far more than I realised. I've spent around four days on artwork for it and it's still not finished. I have the entire font map to replace with MPU3 alpha segments :)

#268757 Split from Project Amber 2 thread...

Posted by Deathclaw on 10 May 2014 - 03:37 PM in General FME Discussion

By your own 'rules' you should have made your own classic.

By my own rules?

I said, and I reiterate, I do not want people stealing my artwork. For the most part? well every single S4 layout I ever made was totally done by me, from the working out the lamps (which is piss easy on a S4 and MPU5 machine, not that you'd know that of course).

If I give permission? then you can do what you like with my artwork. Heck, maybe even print it out and stick it up your arse, if that is what you're into.

However, let me make it clear that whenever I used somebody else's classic layout to make a DX (usually JAFCs because he truly understands how to make them properly and thoroughly) I always gained express permission. It's called common manners, something you were never very good at.

As I said, and will again make clear, if I give my permission then feel free to do what you f*****g like with whatever I have given away for free to this scene. That includes, and is not limited to, pretty much everything. I've never, EVER been a tight ass when it came to sharing things.

However, I don't like people stealing what I spent many, MANY hours doing and then claiming it as their own.

And, by the nature of human society that is perfectly fair and understandable to many, sadly excluding you who seems to think he can come on here slagging me off and giving my permission to do whatever people like with my work.

It's very noble of you, like, but you know? you can go f*** yourself if that's your attitude.

All I have seen from you since I f*****g came back is cynical bollocks, Alth. The same cynical political bollocks that causes people to become annoyed and unhappy. Same old, same old.

#268749 Flyers 2

Posted by Deathclaw on 10 May 2014 - 03:01 PM in General FME Discussion

I've got a industry grade A4 scanner that can remove print 'pock marks' if any one wants it. It's got the SCSI card it needs to run, too (PCI).

I would set it up but my gaming PCs do not have PCI and the PCI in my workstation are all in use (I have a RAID card and sound card in and cannot remove them).

Give it a couple of weeks and I'll send it free, I'll even pay for a courier. But I want it to go to some one who knows how to use such a thing and will inevitably use it.

I paid a fortune for it.