RHM's Content

There have been 390 items by RHM (Search limited from 30-April 14)

Sort by                Order  

#232691 Cctv Software

Posted by RHM on 28 April 2012 - 10:02 AM in Any Topic Chat

Could do with some CCTV software to use in conjunction with my webcam, the type with motion detection etc.

Been googling for an hour and can't seem to find any free decent ones.

Any ideas?

#232500 Win 7 Audio Question

Posted by RHM on 25 April 2012 - 11:29 AM in Any Topic Chat

All fixed now, run them in compatibility mode for xp and installed vlc player and all is fine.

#232234 [Amber]Crystals Aladdins Cave Wdx

Posted by RHM on 22 April 2012 - 07:56 PM in New Releases

I have had a quick look at this amber stuff as I was interested in the blues boy game but it didn't do anything, is there a dummy guide for this lol

#232231 Win 7 Audio Question

Posted by RHM on 22 April 2012 - 07:53 PM in Any Topic Chat

Hmmm... maybe that will stop the audio conflict!?

We didn't have this problem before so it sounds like a duff driver.

I will uninstall roxio driver and re-install with one I was linked to either on here or FF and see how it goes. I'll check whether or not I can run it XP compatibly mode, as it is an installer.

I'll run EZ video converter in xp mode and then load another audio file to see if it conflicts, if it does then it is something else.

Will report back this week at some time, busy week, got my Employment Tribunal on Friday lol.

#232208 Win 7 Audio Question

Posted by RHM on 22 April 2012 - 03:30 PM in Any Topic Chat

i'll go up one day and do the things you suggested, would it be worth running it in win xp compatibility mode in win 7, or win 7 for win 7?

it has the kazaa lite codec pack on, would it be worth using another?

#232021 Win 7 Audio Question

Posted by RHM on 19 April 2012 - 01:02 PM in Any Topic Chat

restarting audio device works but crashes software in use. baffled.

#232020 Win 7 Audio Question

Posted by RHM on 19 April 2012 - 12:11 PM in Any Topic Chat

We have Windows 7 running.

We have a video machine hooked up to the pc (vhs 2 pc), all works fine audio wise until we load up another video file on the computer. The audio mutes the vcr program recording and we can't retrieve the audio, the program records ok though.

How do we un-mute the audio for the vcr?

Win7 help isn't very good.

#219164 Boot Sale Madness

Posted by RHM on 01 September 2011 - 07:39 PM in Any Topic Chat

i need a new psu lol

#219080 Strange Computer Problem, Hard To Power Up!

Posted by RHM on 31 August 2011 - 08:02 AM in Any Topic Chat

I have been told I could stick a 500W in there as mine only uses 405W, a new psu is around £10 - £20 so probably worth buying another.

P.S. Not blown myself up yet, lol.

Its always worth siding on the side of caution :D

#219034 Strange Computer Problem, Hard To Power Up!

Posted by RHM on 30 August 2011 - 02:26 PM in Any Topic Chat

some pics before i replace, donor.jpg being the donor and mine.jpg being my current psu.

will it work? :D

Attached Thumbnails

• donor.jpg
  • mine.jpg

#219025 Strange Computer Problem, Hard To Power Up!

Posted by RHM on 30 August 2011 - 08:42 AM in Any Topic Chat

yeah mine is a sata and the old one isn't as far as i know, i'll strip the old one and try to compare the connectors, if they all marry up i'll fit it.

#219011 Strange Computer Problem, Hard To Power Up!

Posted by RHM on 29 August 2011 - 08:31 PM in Any Topic Chat

so would the 2nd hand 'donor' psu fit my machine?

suppose its worth just swapping the PSU and hoping for the best, moneys tight and I can't afford a new pc, currently making 3 cooked meals at home with a budget if £8 lol. Hotpot, Curry, etc.

#219003 Strange Computer Problem, Hard To Power Up!

Posted by RHM on 29 August 2011 - 07:47 PM in Any Topic Chat

Most modern desktop computer power supplies conform to the ATX form factor. ATX power supplies are turned on and off by a signal from the motherboard. They also provide a signal to the motherboard to indicate when the DC power lines are correct so that the computer is able to boot up. While an ATX power supply is connected to the mains supply it provides a 5 V stand-by (5VSB) line so that the standby functions on the computer and certain peripherals are powered. The most recent ATX PSU standard is version 2.31 of mid-2008.

#219002 Strange Computer Problem, Hard To Power Up!

Posted by RHM on 29 August 2011 - 07:44 PM in Any Topic Chat

hmm, whats the PSU, that's where the big power supply goes with the fan on it at the rear of the machine?

strange how leaving it for a while caused it to work.

A friend of mine has an old computer (desktop) wonder if I could nick the psu from that if that's what it is?

the old machine is about 6 years old though and only has one processor where as mine has 4, so i am wondering if the connections are the same etc.

#218994 Strange Computer Problem, Hard To Power Up!

Posted by RHM on 29 August 2011 - 06:32 PM in Any Topic Chat

Hard to power up!

It is a PC tower, Advent Quad 3GB ram 250GB hd.

You press the 'power on' button on the tower and it powers up for 1 second and then powers down.

With the case off you can see the fans inside start to spin and then it dies.

If you play with the wire from the button at the front of the tower which goes to motherboard, this some times enables the pc to start fully. The PC will not crash or go off by itself and can stay on for days until you turn it off, but if you want to power it back up no chance.

Loose connection you're thinking, they where loose so I soldered the connectors on, and it worked fine for a few days, problem has come back.

E.g. PC on for four hours today, turn it off for 10 minutes, would not fire backup. Unplugged from wall for 30 minutes then would power back up and is still on now.

So we know the connections are ok?

could it be falsely overheating?