wearecity's Content

There have been 1000 items by wearecity (Search limited from 01-May 14)

Sort by                Order  

#307165 PROCONN - Proconn Triple XXX DX

Posted by wearecity on 06 August 2017 - 06:57 PM in New Releases

Thanks for this, a very nice DX.

I've never been a big lo-tech player, so never played this before.

#307119 RIP Hywell Bennett

Posted by wearecity on 05 August 2017 - 08:59 PM in Any Topic Chat

Ah Shelley, a programme, which I was too young to have any interest in. Just watching the 30 secs trailers between programmes on Thames, it seemed like it was a depressing half hour show once a week and the unforgettable theme tune, just made it seem worse. So never watched it, but perhaps as I'm now older (a lot), I might actually enjoy and get it, as it was a popular programme.

Never really thought of him, being the same guy, when he appeared in Eastenders, cause he was always Shelley in my mind.

I doubt he made huge sums of, he is of the old school, when for most, being an actor, was just a job and probably was only earning 1.5-2x the national average wage.

#306976 Happy birthday dachshund

Posted by wearecity on 02 August 2017 - 08:51 AM in Any Topic Chat

Happy Birthday Olive. Have a great one.

#306975 Gotta take my hat off to MFME 5.1 - it's the little things.....

Posted by wearecity on 02 August 2017 - 08:49 AM in MFME emulation section

Looking forward to setting up effects on all techs.

I do think effects will really enhance the emulation experience.

Just to clarify which techs can already be configured in v5.1 ?

#306974 Will fruit machines ever go back to the golden days?

Posted by wearecity on 02 August 2017 - 08:37 AM in MFME emulation section

Nope, would be nice to see some of the old names reappear though, like Andy Capp appear on a modern day machine.

Of course there are still a few retro fruity places and the odd gem can still be stumbled upon.

Perhaps like the interesting machines on Ebay thread on The Mecca, we could have a interesting sightings thread with locations that members know or discover old fruitys to play. Say anything pre 2000.

#306913 just the ticket

Posted by wearecity on 01 August 2017 - 08:15 AM in General FME Discussion

Thanks, these tips are always welcome, to give the player something a bit different to do.

#306912 JGSlots £1,500 Giveaway

Posted by wearecity on 01 August 2017 - 07:08 AM in Real Fruit Machines

Even years after starting to quit fruity gambling, I still have to control myself.

Very occasionally I'll have a £200 splurge online. Win or lose, then I use the sites cool off facility to take a break for a couple of months. I never leave it a few days, for gamblers remorse to subside, otherwise I'm highly likely to deposit again. Sometimes I log back in when the cool off finishes and use the cool off again straight away without depositing to extend the break.

My situation is that gambling occasionally doesn't affect me financially and I do still enjoy the thrill and a little bit of what you fancy doesn't hurt. Ultimately it's still something I wouldn't recommend.

#306776 {Epoch}Jolly Roger (Extreme) £25 Dx

Posted by wearecity on 26 July 2017 - 07:26 AM in Epoch

I would say that the late 80's until the late 90's was my nostalgic era certainly, bringing back life memories of being a late teen and through my 20's.

Some machines after that, like the red/blue trail Barcrest games are also fun on the emulator, as you can get the jackpot, in a few ways. We have so many great layouts for FME, it's difficult to find the time to play many of them for more than half hour here or there. Just glad that so many machines are preserved.

#306755 Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Posted by wearecity on 25 July 2017 - 05:21 PM in General FME Discussion

It's staying, it will be an app rather than a built-in feature of future Windows.

#306734 Happy Birthday - DAD

Posted by wearecity on 25 July 2017 - 11:54 AM in Any Topic Chat

Happy Birthday Dad, have a great day

#306707 {Epoch}Jolly Roger (Extreme) £25 Dx

Posted by wearecity on 24 July 2017 - 08:54 PM in Epoch

I do like to say more than thanks, you can do that by just clicking a button.

I must say while I play everything I download, I don't generally don't put more than a couple of hundred pounds through any of them initially. I put less than £100 though most. But then over the years, I do load up layouts, so many do eventually get a good play.

Ultimately, also, most fruit machines are actually pretty boring to play, without the risk of losing or winning money.

I increasing find myself going back to FME layouts, from the late 80's to the mid 90's. The era up to £6 and at a push £8 jackpot is probably best. On that era of machines, when you got on the feature board, you genuinely always thought, you had a chance of getting the jackpot, through a feature or getting to the top and just cause it killed you at £1, it didn't mean the next board wasn't going to give you jackpot. Also the next board, wasn't going to keep obviously blocking at different amounts, until eventually it gave the jackpot.

Anything from certainly the £15 era onwards, you knew immediately, when it killed you on the board at the £2/£3 or £8/£10 mark and the next 2 or 3 boards, did the same, whether the machine was going to pay or not and then it was a case of forcing it, until you got the jackpot.

#306684 {Epoch}Jolly Roger (Extreme) £25 Dx

Posted by wearecity on 24 July 2017 - 09:16 AM in Epoch

Had a long weekend of work, but did finally get a go of this yesterday.

Definitely has a realistic look to it. I like by the £1 and £1.20 decals, it looks like, it's thick with dust and someone has just run a finger over it. As you said not everything readable, but most is and the display does tell you what you've got, so no problem and no real need to use the magnify feature either. It nice to see the cabinet in it's full length original shape as well, rather than flat or reduced down in scale. That's where borderless fullscreen max, helps.

Gameplay wise, definitely like some others, but the joker feature, makes it a bit different. I do like the fact, you can get the hi-lo gamble wrong and still continue. I bet many people IRL, only discovered that when it went from a 2 to 1 or 11 to a 12. As with a lot of these Epoch, it can appear to be offering you something great, like 7 reel blasts, but when you look at the reels, it's still on £3 lol.

The hi-lo reel, looks good, but suddenly going up on the board with no indication on the reel did surprise me. Hopefully, you'll get the original ones at some point, to add the finishing touch, to a great looking DX.

#306682 Project Coin - HotSpot 10p £4 Token

Posted by wearecity on 24 July 2017 - 08:49 AM in Proconn

The original version (check it out if you haven't already) of this was excellent and you think, surely he can't improve on that. But the answer yes he can.

There are some moments over the years, when a part of a layout stands out from others. Supertubes, by Belgor, for instance, which until v5, had for 14 years, by far the most realistic alpha of it's type IMO. In this case it's the reels, it's been attempted before and we have seen some very good believable examples, but in this case, they do look like they are actually behind glass.

The rest of the layout, is of the usual high quality that AE's releases have been over the years.

#306590 Happy birthday ricardo de ponsa

Posted by wearecity on 20 July 2017 - 01:36 PM in Any Topic Chat

Happy Birthday, have a good one.

#306560 Layout DIY fixes

Posted by wearecity on 19 July 2017 - 06:39 PM in General FME Discussion

Another one, I found I didn't have, when trawling through the downloads here for the umpteenth time. By the way, some of the pictures in the downloads, do not do justice to the layouts, so it's always worth a download.

Chase The Ace (Fruits). A nice MPU4 DX by Brucegeorge. There's a cards version available as well, possibly the same problem, but I prefer the fruits myself.

The number reel was out. If you want to fix your own layout, uncheck everything in the reel properties, other than lamps obviously and set the band offset to 7.

Other than that I just updated the alpha.

Attached Files

#306554 MFME cabinet build - the project begins.....

Posted by wearecity on 19 July 2017 - 04:47 PM in Cabinet Building

If it's anything like sorting out the game manager in MFME, you'll find it'll be 95% setting up/fixing/changing/configuring things and 5% if you're lucky playing.

#306545 MFME cabinet build - the project begins.....

Posted by wearecity on 19 July 2017 - 07:55 AM in Cabinet Building

Well done on completing the hardware build, looks great. I guess that is of course 3/4 of it, because you do still need to map the buttons for layouts, particularly those that don't have standard buttons. I would imagine that the older techs, without lots of buttons, might be the easiest way to start. It's not until you look at these things, you realise just how many different configurations there are. 

Anyway, really looking forward to the videos, not only any build one, but also seeing some sort of front end and machines being played.

#306508 Reels of Fortune

Posted by wearecity on 18 July 2017 - 07:56 AM in New Releases

Looks ok, but why have cotton when you can have silk. If people have money for an ipad or iphone, they've money for a far cheaper windows tablet, that'll run MFME and the 1000 plus machines available for it.

A plus point though for the link on that page to the website, http://www.fruitsims.co.uk/main.htm. Great to see the page still going and still the same looking as it was all those years ago.

That took me back 17 years and I remember those sims very well, before I discovered FME. They were decent, but you still can't beat real emulation of a real machine IMO.

#306507 Extreme's Jolly Roger £25

Posted by wearecity on 18 July 2017 - 07:43 AM in Forthcoming Releases

Has the makings of a very realistic looking DX as it's from photos and not flyers. Looks like everything is going to be clearly readable on a large screen as well, another bonus, as great as the magnify option is.

#306451 Layout DIY fixes

Posted by wearecity on 16 July 2017 - 06:10 PM in General FME Discussion

I think a lot of the people who produced these layouts are still around, just not very active.

Unfortunately while people were excited for a new MFME, many it seems, have soon lost the new found enthusiasm for it or simply don't have time for it. A lot of people probably have got married and had kids and other life changing things happen, since they first got into FME. As well as not much interest in fruit machines, as the AWP market, is surely dying out.

#306421 MFME 5.2?

Posted by wearecity on 15 July 2017 - 06:34 PM in General FME Discussion

Hi, i have finished.. yeah i have aspergers too and tbh it really gets the best of me some days i feel like the world is against me. It can be hard to explain to others how hard it is to cope especially as its not something thats visible as such. To others such as people in arcades its not obvious i have problems unless someone gets to know me.. but in a way i guess gambling is like that invisible to other people and not really understood by those who dont gamble.. if you ever want to chat about anything just PM me any time mate

Westy20040, hi i dont think it was me that requested carry on screaming, maybe it was bullionbars2011? But yeah i take your point about all contributions welcome, when im feeling upto it il take pics of CYBTB incase anyone wants to DX that cos its not done yet. Quite suprising really as i think it was the first DOND out?

Hi wearecity ive actually got 6 machines ive devoted a bedroom to them lol but i still cant keep out of arcades although mfme 5 has helped a lot with that.. playing your own dosent really curb the urges at all tbh

I'm still surprised we haven't got a DX of the original DOND machine yet. Still plenty of others to play.

I said before, in the past, the emulator has made me want to play emulated machines I've never played before if I saw them out and about. During the initial years of the emulator, a lot of emulated machines were still about. My gambling addiction to AWP's stopped years ago thankfully though and of course most AWP's in pubs are now based on Scorpion 6 tech. Most emulated machines, are downgraded to £5 jackpots, so not the same.

The biggest difference, is that the thrill of gambling is winning occasionally. You don't get that thrill, when playing machines for free, emulated or otherwise. You can only hope that having played machines like DOND on the emulator, you can see how you are unlikely to win on the real thing. Just make sure you change the percentage down to real life and not 90% +.

#306420 {Scorpion 5}Cluedo - The Usual Suspects (Mazooma)

Posted by wearecity on 15 July 2017 - 06:26 PM in Scorpion 5

I do like this sort of Mazooma machine. Before v5, Pink Panther was one of my most played layouts of the year. The lower features can offer decent amounts and of course people say about lining up the red bars symbols.

The music was bugging me, I knew it, but couldn't think what it was, but it's definitely based on The Sweeney, the old UK police series.

#306417 MFME 5.2?

Posted by wearecity on 15 July 2017 - 05:57 PM in General FME Discussion

Yes I remember playing that machine, but can't remember much about it,but I don't believe I ever did any good on it, so will be good to get revenge on it emulated.

#306415 MFME 5.2?

Posted by wearecity on 15 July 2017 - 05:07 PM in General FME Discussion

Wearcity yeah your right i would like to get involved more and will try in future. Like i said i have really low self confidence and feel worthless/useless etc and find it hard to talk to people. I do have machines at home and recently posted to offer pics for a couple that arent DXed (can you beat the banker £35 and DOND cops and robbers £70) but noone seemed interested so i guess i just started to think input from new people wasnt needed/wanted. Probably wrong but i do overthink things. I did share pics of my gunpowder slot with vectra666 but i think i offended him aswell cos he hasnt messaged any more or released the DX so who knows. And your right about gambling being an escape it is for me TBH but i play the emulators with money.. like putting quids in a safe when i credit then taking winnings out.. sounds daft but ive reduced arcades a lot since i did it

Any resources are more than welcome as well, eventually someone will pick up on them and they will be used. I never had room for a fruit machine, ironically, mainly due to never living in a big enough place, due to lack of funds from years of gambling. If I ever did, the resources would be made available ASAP.

Hopefully Gunpowder slot will be done, I do quite like, pirate type themed machines.

#306403 MFME 5.2?

Posted by wearecity on 15 July 2017 - 02:55 PM in General FME Discussion

You should try to get involved more. Things are a lot calmer in FME land these days and sadly the user base isn't that big and those even contributing even with just posts, isn't that great. Be good to see you comment on your experiences of certain machines, like bullions bar multiplayer, when it is released.

I think you'll be surprised at just how many members have/had issues, as gambling sadly is an area which seems to attract people, looking for an escape them.