nails's Content

There have been 1000 items by nails (Search limited from 30-April 14)

Sort by                Order  

#279056 SPLIT FROM Epoch Emulator - September 2014 Update

Posted by nails on 22 February 2015 - 08:00 PM in Epoch emulation discussion

it would have been nice for a pointer or a re-post, but hey ive done it myself -
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The last version given out to the testers, didn't have tools in, and was only capable at the time of doing a simple classic with numbers for reels - I only had a "blank" layout, so could sort of play stuff.
There was a private website with a forum, but that has also disappeared, and a FTP with all the roms and sound bins on.
KC knows his stuff, he worked on Dolphin, the Wiii/GC emu.
I've not heard from him since the start of December.
That's all I know.

I've not got any newer versions than the one mentioned at the start of the post, so I don't have the one that runs most of the stuff, such as the video that showed Gridrunner working.
Nor do I know the latest about Guitar porting each tech into C for them to be implemented into the Epoch Emu, other than what was posted.
Oh, and KC, is real, he isn't someone that we know, it's not Gary, Wizzy, DT etc etc etc.

NQ.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I cant speak about the emulator because ive no idea if it really exists therefore I also cannot comment on its progress.

the scene went down this path before with lots promised and nothing materialised. his last login some 24th dec with a release that weekend I believe? now a few days from 2 months on.... (and that's 2 months ontop of years now).

if hes genuine then great, but the scene as is has had enough let downs in the past.

maybe we will get a response on the 1st of april....

oh I did speak to somebody within this forum, and they reckon he is indeed one of those names mentioned above.

#280834 SPLIT FROM Epoch Emulator - September 2014 Update

Posted by nails on 25 April 2015 - 12:43 PM in Epoch emulation discussion

guitar always has achived fantastic results on different techs, i dont doubt his epoch ability. Geddy is right in respects of a huge amount of bellfruit stuff ready to go - so time will tell

#280830 SPLIT FROM Epoch Emulator - September 2014 Update

Posted by nails on 25 April 2015 - 09:46 AM in Epoch emulation discussion

so there we have it then, KC is in love and about to get married and has no time for FME. I'm trying very hard to put myself in his shoes, would my personal life take president, would a marriage be more than writing some code to people who dont do X Y or Z?  well yes i guess.

would i have logged on and told them the scenario to perhaps ask for time or some understanding etc?   yes.

#280871 SPLIT FROM Epoch Emulator - September 2014 Update

Posted by nails on 26 April 2015 - 09:30 AM in Epoch emulation discussion

couldnt log on to dads, its like ive been deleted :(

#280875 SPLIT FROM Epoch Emulator - September 2014 Update

Posted by nails on 26 April 2015 - 11:00 AM in Epoch emulation discussion

i wasn't around when he posted that, I guess dad could have just barred NQ?

as for the rest of this thread, well I do feel sorry for Guitar in advance if he receives any of this shit.

#280970 SPLIT FROM Epoch Emulator - September 2014 Update

Posted by nails on 26 April 2015 - 09:34 PM in Epoch emulation discussion

night all

#280947 SPLIT FROM Epoch Emulator - September 2014 Update

Posted by nails on 26 April 2015 - 06:54 PM in Epoch emulation discussion

i have to say, the last say 10-15 posts have really made me laugh out loud, no sarcasm intended, just funny and i actually thank letemspin, althric and the others.

think we have all said our bit now and well all know who feels what. hopefully we can put this to rest and either wait for KC to reappear, or Guitar is able to make a future comment on Epoch.

*on a side note, did wizard say once that he was happy to give amber a chance before he release something else - or did a dream that bit ?

#280796 SPLIT FROM Epoch Emulator - September 2014 Update

Posted by nails on 24 April 2015 - 02:36 PM in Epoch emulation discussion

guess he wont as he doesn't log on :jimlad:

#280854 SPLIT FROM Epoch Emulator - September 2014 Update

Posted by nails on 25 April 2015 - 07:48 PM in Epoch emulation discussion

assuming you have tried, your answers have been ambiguous to say the least. to tell us you contacted him really doesnt tell us anything.

i dont think im being unfair when i say the WHOLE community just wants to know, one way or the other?

what exactly did you do to go the extra mile? would love to know please.

#280327 SPLIT FROM Epoch Emulator - September 2014 Update

Posted by nails on 04 April 2015 - 12:16 AM in Epoch emulation discussion

I feel quite stupid really, after that December update I logged on every day JUST to look for his update, and nothing.

if that's the case, congrats KC, you win. expected this april 1st personally.

#279180 SPLIT FROM Epoch Emulator - September 2014 Update

Posted by nails on 24 February 2015 - 07:49 PM in Epoch emulation discussion

time will tell. if it takes 6 more months then so be it. just would be nice for a scaled down version to test as we have all been subjected to the carrot dangle before.

#280461 SPLIT FROM Epoch Emulator - September 2014 Update

Posted by nails on 08 April 2015 - 06:52 PM in Epoch emulation discussion

i guess if yourself, a tester, doesnt know the answer then nobody does.

its been suggested to me it was some kind of hoax that got out of control. i really could prove or disprove that. personally i dont think he will ever log on again (not under his own name), but like everybody else, i will and have - hope.

#280334 SPLIT FROM Epoch Emulator - September 2014 Update

Posted by nails on 04 April 2015 - 04:47 PM in Epoch emulation discussion

their are a few member who know quite a bit more about this than me, but I got the impression that although he advertised for testers here, they all came from the mecca.

speaks volumes

#279086 SPLIT FROM Epoch Emulator - September 2014 Update

Posted by nails on 23 February 2015 - 12:08 PM in Epoch emulation discussion

I emailed him at the beginning of jan, no reply.  (no logon at all)

#280352 SPLIT FROM Epoch Emulator - September 2014 Update

Posted by nails on 04 April 2015 - 08:12 PM in Epoch emulation discussion

I was a a tester, as were others I could mention to name.  I've mentioned this before, I didn't get the version that had the basic tools in that he psoted the video of, the one that showed Gridrunner working.

Mine works, but without tools, evening modding the layout I've got, they all look like mame dond and are almost unplayable.  Nice to hear all the sounds though.

So, I've written, you know, things called letters, to him today, I'll let you know if I get a reply.  And if it's a "yes" as it were, or "f[_]ck off" as it were.

NQ.

Can I just chip in and say that Epoch is not a dead tech, there's £70 layouts and now £100 upgrades.

NQ.

thanks for the info naillquinn. we shall see.

pokerface on eclipse had an upgrade im sure ?

#280450 SPLIT FROM Epoch Emulator - September 2014 Update

Posted by nails on 08 April 2015 - 09:11 AM in Epoch emulation discussion

what planet were you born on baker? its doesn't bother us if the emulator never gets released, its the fact that he carrot dangled just before xmas and then disappeared without a trace, not a text, email, reply or smoke signal.

your sick of the take take take? well f*** you. i emailed him just before xmas when i had some time on my hands and asked if there was anything i could do. i didnt ask for anything in return.

if he wants a week, month or gap year, that of course is his prerogative, but to `carrot dangle and foxtrott oscar` as a poor show and hes become somebody of the same ilk as wizard with his bag of rotten carrots.

if hes ill, personal problems etc. we ALL understand, but that small txt is all it takes to get people to be sympathetic and understanding, or darn right frustrated and think hes rude.

#280397 SPLIT FROM Epoch Emulator - September 2014 Update

Posted by nails on 05 April 2015 - 06:15 PM in Epoch emulation discussion

i don't think anybody should ever publicly release details.

a PM will suffice.

#306067 Fruit Machines Inside Out: Compensation

Posted by nails on 07 July 2017 - 06:45 PM in Real Fruit Machines

theirs some sense there, but also guess work.

an emptier was left there on purpose. most probably sold on.

#306081 Fruit Machines Inside Out: Compensation

Posted by nails on 08 July 2017 - 06:32 AM in Real Fruit Machines

I can see some sense in what been said but the one bit am a bit unsure is the when the tubes are full thing and been ready to pay,not sure about anyone else but i swear down the likes of Electrocoins Magic 7/10 used to just try a pound in each one and if it fell to the bottom its ready to pay and it did depending on which cycle it was on you would get the sevens three times in a row on a good run. Also projects £500  Megabars wouldnt go near the thing if the coins wasnt dropping to the bottom again try odd pound to see if it was and then have a play put about £80 in to start winning back a big bank but it never give £500 jackpot.

On an offtopic question when you played with tokens did the machine play on a different cycle/% cause again never really got any return on token play

some machines, typically some of the newer eletrocoin machines can pay out vast somes of money in a short period. for the sake of argument, if the machine it to pay a big £300 run, and their is only £250 in the hopper - it all becomes clear. Magic games can do a £600+ run

#318742 Fruit Machines Inside Out: Compensation

Posted by nails on 20 June 2018 - 08:24 AM in Real Fruit Machines

:)

What would you like to know about next?

If all DOND clones are the same machine but different alpha messages etc.   how do cheats accidentaly get in there?

i think the answer blows open the subject of coders going bad.

* in regards to the part where `we all have a good laugh about backing`  thats 50/50 bollocks IMO. If i was playing a RED back in the day, no way would i play it if was empty, but a fully hopper gave me a 50/50 chance its full or topped up. also hearing a £1 thud on a crazy amount of coins in the cash box was also a good pointer.  

#306087 Fruit Machines Inside Out: Compensation

Posted by nails on 08 July 2017 - 12:08 PM in Real Fruit Machines

i strongly disagree - emptiers are there on purpose.

a machine will only do what you tell it to. they dont give money away unless instructed to by ways of a sequence of holds, time outs, and particular `free win` features.

#310107 Fruit Machines Inside Out: Compensation

Posted by nails on 26 October 2017 - 07:04 PM in Real Fruit Machines

Going back to the more recent emptiers, A New Hope and Rainbow Riches both had the same emptier where youd alternate the stake and play a 25 p game then a 50p game and eventually it would let you have a super hold with jackpots all in view.

personally i'm not a believe of `sloppy programming` and fully believe all emptiers are/were there on purpose.

#288009 Project Amber 2 April Update

Posted by nails on 01 May 2016 - 06:31 PM in General FME Discussion

any chance of a beer guide video - just to tip us right over the edge ?!?!!?!

#287691 Project Amber 2 April Update

Posted by nails on 18 April 2016 - 07:10 PM in General FME Discussion

im in barry island wednesday!

how about guitars apology that he put in epoch, mpu6, scorpion 6 - bout couldnt get mpu4 working !?!?!?!?!

seriously, whatever it is im sure its great m8

#287701 Project Amber 2 April Update

Posted by nails on 18 April 2016 - 08:05 PM in General FME Discussion

hoorar !!!!!  well done Guitar