• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 renoufchr

renoufchr

Arcade Mod

• Regulars
  • 396 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 08:44 PM

hey all ive been trying to work out why mfme crashes on my and and have located it to be a problem with AC97 and MFME compatibility
the only way to get mfme to load up is by going to dxdiag then changing the sound 1 accerlation level down to none the only problem with this is the sound seems to lag a little bit withit but at least is playalble

any programmers out there wiling to look at the code to try and fix this problem?

thanks alot renoufchr

#2 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 08:49 PM

Made this a Sticky for a while....

With all thats going on we don't want this being missed.

#3 RB

RB

PISH Artist

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3342 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 08:50 PM

Best Fix=

BFMulator for Bfm
Jpemu for Impact
Mfme v1 for M1a, Mpu
Mfme v2 for sys80,mps,system1 etc

Works for me...no f*** ups....perefct audio and everything works...

except the sodding Mpu5 stuff....outta memory sodding stream...sodding piece a crap emulator..
Cyberpunk:- alienated loner who lives on the edge of society in generally dystopic future where daily life is impacted by rapid technological change, an ubiquitous datasphere of computerized information, and invasive modification of the human body.....Hmmmmm

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#4 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 08:56 PM

except the sodding Mpu5 stuff....outta memory sodding stream...sodding piece a crap emulator..

Better than me, I only get as far as

WARNING - NOT INNER CIRCLE MEMBER.

For access to this emulator, more brownnosing is required!

On a serious note, MPU5 emulation is a no-no, to get around the protection on each ROM is illegal enough for Barcrest to send the lads round, and if MPU5 is ever emulated it'll be a huge amount of time until you see it. I'm not talking a couple of years here :)
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#5 Big_G123

Big_G123

Smog Monster

• Regulars
  • 212 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 08:59 PM

and I got told would only need to wait a couple of weeks for Mpu5 to come out!!!
LOL

oh well

#6 renoufchr

renoufchr

Arcade Mod

• Regulars
  • 396 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 10:00 PM

lol mpu5 errors funnily my emulater runs them perfectley!! and epoch 2

lol in my f*****g dreams!

#7 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 15 August 2005 - 11:55 AM

On a serious note, MPU5 emulation is a no-no, to get around the protection on each ROM is illegal enough for Barcrest to send the lads round, and if MPU5 is ever emulated it'll be a huge amount of time until you see it. I'm not talking a couple of years here :)

Thats Billy Bullshit and you know it is. Cannot believe you fell for that 'excuse' for not releasing it.
The roms as such are not protected or even if they were I'm sure there are ways around it, I mean have Barcrest protected something better than those arcade roms that needed sorting out... I bloody dont think so. I think you will find the problems with mpu5 emulation is the hardware itself. But really to believe there is no mpu5 or even s4 emu of sorts sitting on someones HDD is naive to say the least. :)

#8 cliffc

cliffc

• Regulars
  • 946 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 12:57 PM

HI

This is a known problem and the fix is easy if your running XP or 2000 ect you need to roll back the drivers to the older version, there is an issue with the lastest drivers for this sound card, so just rolling back will fix it, I know for i had the same issue when i updated my drivers.

CLiff C

#9 didgydom

didgydom

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 04:22 PM

thanks for that it works perfect now
dom

#10 Zoltar

Zoltar

Former Fat Bastard.....

• Gold Supporters
  • 1810 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 07:34 PM

Bought a brand new computer that had AC97 7.1 surround sound built in and MFME took nearly a minute to load up but without sounds. Didn't think a brand new compy would have any issues like this.

A little 'request for help' over at the Mecca returned a reply within minutes saying 'update your drivers'. This I did and was literally up and running problem free within 20 minutes including the download time too.

#11 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 08:23 PM

Where did you get your new drivers from then m8? I updated mine on my work computer as I was having the same problems from the realtek site I think and still it wouldn't run. Kept crashing on startup. Had to put the graphic accelerator to nothing for anything to run on MFME.
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 12px;'>It's all done in the best possible taste. :bigeyes04:</span></span>

#12 Zoltar

Zoltar

Former Fat Bastard.....

• Gold Supporters
  • 1810 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 05:23 PM

Where did you get your new drivers from then m8? I updated mine on my work computer as I was having the same problems from the realtek site I think and still it wouldn't run. Kept crashing on startup. Had to put the graphic accelerator to nothing for anything to run on MFME.

I'm running these drivers:- http://www.softwarep...ities/ac97.html

Theres a download link on there.

#13 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 06:31 PM

Software Patch's site links off the back of Realtek's downloads links, & just like going direct to Realtek's site sometimes the download speeds are absolutaly dire.

Alt link here where speeds are more reliable...

http://www.majorgeek...wnload4400.html

#14 StuMcBill

StuMcBill

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 11:18 PM

I have "Realtek High Definition Audio" installed in my Laptop?

Is that the same thing?

Stu

#15 renoufchr

renoufchr

Arcade Mod

• Regulars
  • 396 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 11:49 PM

try running mfme if you get sound problems then you need to update sound drivers

wow my year old therad brought back from the dead

#16 StuMcBill

StuMcBill

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 11:53 PM

Sorry for reviving the year old thread!

I have updated my drivers and it seems to work like a charm now!

Too fast though!!

I have seen some posts on the forum relating to that so I am going to have a hunt around!!

Thanks for the help!

StuMcBill

#17 renoufchr

renoufchr

Arcade Mod

• Regulars
  • 396 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 09:10 AM

no problem mate glad i could help i hated it when i had this problem
i ended up buying a sound card to get rid of ac97

#18 Guest_altharic_*

Guest_altharic_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2006 - 08:10 PM

I've uploaded the latest realtek drivers here its version 3.85 feel free to leech the link will die after one week.

YouSendIt: The Leader in File Delivery.

#19 Guest_altharic_*

Guest_altharic_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2007 - 04:06 PM

These have been updated today Realtek AC'97 ALC650 Audio Driver 4.00 WHQL Filename: WDM_A400.exe

Just tested em on my lappy working fine.

#20 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2007 - 04:45 PM

what u need to do is the same as me if the rest of u remember i had the same problem last year. what i did is this. go to.................Realtek

and download the top one the codec this will solve all ur problems as it did for me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users