Ads

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 RyanA

RyanA

• Regulars
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 August 2020 - 03:28 PM

Why on earth is thereso many ads on here, makes the place look ugly. I have heard that if an owner has ads on their site they are getting paid for it. So what is the point in donating?

#2 superbaron

superbaron

superbaron

• Regulars
  • 284 posts

Posted 04 August 2020 - 03:49 PM

Hi RyanA

Just use ublock origin extension in your browser and all the unwanted ads just disappear.

Edited by superbaron, 04 August 2020 - 03:54 PM.

#3 RyanA

RyanA

• Regulars
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 August 2020 - 04:14 PM

Thank you for the reply and not being rude but I shouldn't need to do that. Have looked into Desert island but that doesnt have any that is the part what is confusing

#4 superbaron

superbaron

superbaron

• Regulars
  • 284 posts

Posted 04 August 2020 - 04:39 PM

Hi RyanA

you are not being rude for stating an opinion

Maybe the site owner has to have ads on his site because it's very expensive to host all layouts on a server.

Edited by superbaron, 04 August 2020 - 04:41 PM.

#5 jamie2k

jamie2k

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 August 2020 - 05:00 PM

Hey RyanA

Most websites do use GoogleAds or similar to help fund their running costs, I have always used Adblocker which as the name suggests blocks them and keeps everything tidy.

Deffo worth installing. 

:D

#6 RyanA

RyanA

• Regulars
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 August 2020 - 05:34 PM

Hi RyanA

you are not being rude for stating an opinion

Maybe the site owner has to have ads on his site because it's very expensive to host all layouts on a server.

i understand but should the members not pay with a donate if so much work and time is given? thank you for your kind words superbaron  

#7 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 22 August 2020 - 06:03 PM

Are the ads that much of a problem? Ad revenue goes towards site hosting, it’s just a way to offset the cost. You can’t expect someone to host this amount of layouts for free, someone has to pay the bills to allow the site to exist. I don’t expect that the ads bring in a lot of revenue to be fair.

It is possible to download the hosted layouts completely free of charge. Do you think the site owner should get rid of the ads and pay out of his own pocket for your privilege?

Do you download layouts from here? Do you donate or subscribe?

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#8 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 22 August 2020 - 06:24 PM

Are the ads that much of a problem? Ad revenue goes towards site hosting, it’s just a way to offset the cost. You can’t expect someone to host this amount of layouts for free, someone has to pay the bills to allow the site to exist. I don’t expect that the ads bring in a lot of revenue to be fair.

It is possible to download the hosted layouts completely free of charge. Do you think the site owner should get rid of the ads and pay out of his own pocket for your privilege?

Do you download layouts from here? Do you donate or subscribe?

It's clear who Ryan A is, as I said in the post about the latest slotsrus release. The account was just set up, so they could chime in again on the same old arguments.

I'll give you a clue, posted 39 posts in about 3 days. Now I wonder who that could be.

#9 superbaron

superbaron

superbaron

• Regulars
  • 284 posts

Posted 22 August 2020 - 09:04 PM

It's clear who Ryan A is, as I said in the post about the latest slotsrus release. The account was just set up, so they could chime in again on the same old arguments.

I'll give you a clue, posted 39 posts in about 3 days. Now I wonder who that could be.

Hi wearecity

I have no clue who this member can be so why don't tell everyone who you think he is.

Edited by superbaron, 22 August 2020 - 09:04 PM.

#10 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 23 August 2020 - 10:40 AM

Seriously.   Ha ha, no way.   Name and shame.   It's sad, it just keeps the whole ebay thing current and keeps the negativity fresh, maybe that's the point.

If anything has come from the whole ebay saga its that DIF and MFME has been tightened up to hopefully detract from this type of thing happening again.   Though if someone wants to do this type of thing then they will find a way.

I won't go on anymore about this, I get on very well with Geddy, he's a top bloke and a massive asset to the fme scene.   It's just my personal view.

J

#11 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 23 August 2020 - 11:09 AM

I won't go on anymore about this, I get on very well with Geddy, he's a top bloke and a massive asset to the fme scene.   It's just my personal view.

Thanks but RyanA is not me haha... ;) 

#12 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 23 August 2020 - 05:06 PM

I didn’t think it was mate. I only mentioned you to clear up that my view point wasn’t anything personal. ;). But looking at what I posted does sound like I thought it was you. Sorry about that, I didn’t intend that to be the case.

I have a good idea who Ryan A is now... lol.

J

#13 slasherx2

slasherx2

• Regulars
  • 116 posts

Posted 23 August 2020 - 06:54 PM

Maybe it's time for me to come clean then...

Bath time

#14 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 23 August 2020 - 10:49 PM

Not the 1st time this guy has pretended to be new, been emptying machines for 40 years, and only found fme a couple of years ago, errrr lmfao no.

#15 innfection

innfection

Requestor/Bug Finder/Resourcer/

• Regulars
  • 761 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 05:41 AM

Who?

Resourcer/Bug Finder 

#16 slasherx2

slasherx2

• Regulars
  • 116 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 07:36 AM

Not the 1st time this guy has pretended to be new, been emptying machines for 40 years, and only found fme a couple of years ago, errrr lmfao no.

You'd know all about multi accounts eh ;)

#17 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 24 August 2020 - 10:03 AM

You'd know all about multi accounts eh ;)

I got more alter egos on this site than a Somalian immigrant at least six then again one got banned many moons ago
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#18 RHM

RHM

• Silver Supporters
  • 412 posts

Posted 30 August 2020 - 04:47 PM

Every site I visit has ads, hence the adblocker extension in my browser lol.

I'm pretty sure everyone has some form of adblocker installed.

Get over it and move on, and be thankful that you have so many slot games for free.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users