• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 jeffijaffa

jeffijaffa

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 09:59 PM

Hello all,
Ive just come into possession of a tidy 21 game ipub (first gen)machine. I would like to know if anyone has any experience with these machines. Ive had a barcrest Rio for a few years and I know the inside and out of that machine and would l like to gather as much info as poss on this new one.
The machine is running on a Firefox 1 pc with two dongles one is for the game licences and the other the selection screen/menu. Does anyone have a manual for this as well as how to acquire any new games etc
Any help gratefully received ...

#2 captainhaddock

captainhaddock

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 07:24 AM

got a couple of manuals for you :)

Dave.

Attached Files

#3 jeffijaffa

jeffijaffa

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 11:40 AM

got a couple of manuals for you :)

Dave.

Your a diamond, thanks so much ...

#4 jeffijaffa

jeffijaffa

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 03:35 PM

It looks like these buggers are Right locked down then I’m trying to figure out if there’s away to update the games

#5 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 06:26 PM

you need to get the updates from astra them selfs

#6 jeffijaffa

jeffijaffa

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 08:38 PM

you need to get the updates from astra them selfs

So no chance then lol

#7 fruitnutter

fruitnutter

• Regulars
  • 120 posts

Posted 24 December 2019 - 12:39 AM

Right, here's how it works -:

To update any Astra machine with a Firefox PC and Backplane system, you need a number of things.

You'll need an UNLOCKED game image file, and you'll need the configuration settings files. You copy the unlocked image file onto the hard drive, and you copy the configuration settings file to the USB drive. You then boot up the machine, and select the configuration settings that you want. The machine then takes about an hour to install and configure the new set of games. This is quite a complicated process, and is not at all simple like the Barcrest T7's etc.

In order for this updated image to work, you'll also need an Astra Open-Hasp (which unlocks ANY Astra games, it's an engineers hasp), or you'll need at the very least a hasp which contains the licences for the games you're trying to install.

Don't bother getting hold of a hard drive from a different Astra machine, because once an unlocked image file is loaded onto a machine, the image locks itself to that machines backplane hardware, and will not work on any other machine.

If you try to install iPub 3 software onto a machine which does not have a hasp capable of running the games, it will fail halfway through loading the machine.

You also need to ensure that you partition the hard drive correctly when setting up the new drive, else that will also cause a fail.

Updating Astra machines with new games is not the simple process that it is on Barcrest machines. Be warned!

#8 jeffijaffa

jeffijaffa

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 10:27 PM

Phew and thanks..
sorry for the late reply .. I see I very laborious process, and yes so much different to my Rio cabinet.
I was hoping to get at least some different background themes for the ipub as with the two I’ve got one is a Xmas theme and the other has this annoying Aloha honey jingle in it ...
my hasp has 21 games licenced and I’m very happy with the game selection; with some games being an exact mirror image of classic pub fruitys along with barX and reel king etc etc..

Your info is greatly appreciated
My next question would be about acquiring spares etc.

Right, here's how it works -:

To update any Astra machine with a Firefox PC and Backplane system, you need a number of things.

You'll need an UNLOCKED game image file, and you'll need the configuration settings files. You copy the unlocked image file onto the hard drive, and you copy the configuration settings file to the USB drive. You then boot up the machine, and select the configuration settings that you want. The machine then takes about an hour to install and configure the new set of games. This is quite a complicated process, and is not at all simple like the Barcrest T7's etc.

In order for this updated image to work, you'll also need an Astra Open-Hasp (which unlocks ANY Astra games, it's an engineers hasp), or you'll need at the very least a hasp which contains the licences for the games you're trying to install.

Don't bother getting hold of a hard drive from a different Astra machine, because once an unlocked image file is loaded onto a machine, the image locks itself to that machines backplane hardware, and will not work on any other machine.

If you try to install iPub 3 software onto a machine which does not have a hasp capable of running the games, it will fail halfway through loading the machine.

You also need to ensure that you partition the hard drive correctly when setting up the new drive, else that will also cause a fail.

Updating Astra machines with new games is not the simple process that it is on Barcrest machines. Be warned!

#9 fruitnutter

fruitnutter

• Regulars
  • 120 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 02:49 AM

Practically non-existent.

If and when you need something, message me and I'll hopefully be able to get it for you.

#10 jeffijaffa

jeffijaffa

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 02:50 AM

Cheers dude ... thanks ... you never know

#11 jeffijaffa

jeffijaffa

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 December 2021 - 11:48 AM

Practically non-existent.

If and when you need something, message me and I'll hopefully be able to get it for you.

So here I am nearly 2 years on. On a begging mission have you got any images at all I have the magic hasp. But my images are not quite booting properly. I’m getting two screens on one

#12 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 21 December 2021 - 06:47 PM

So here I am nearly 2 years on. On a begging mission have you got any images at all I have the magic hasp. But my images are not quite booting properly. I’m getting two screens on one

sounds like the boards failed or the graphics card

#13 jeffijaffa

jeffijaffa

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 December 2021 - 12:13 AM

sounds like the boards failed or the graphics card

Sorted now I didn’t put the config usb in
Still looking for a decent Image tho

Sorted but I hate the games lol

#14 wayne_rob1

wayne_rob1

• Bronze Supporters
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 November 2022 - 06:53 PM

Hello sorry to gatecrash this post but surprisingly I did find some great information in here especially the manuals so thank you very much.

I just wanted to see if anyone could give me a nudge in the right direction. I have the exact same machine and it was working perfectly until we moved it into my garden bar, and since then the pc will not boot/display

everything else comes on as normal but no display, I've had a good look at everything and nothings come loose the pc and back plane are all fixed still.

any ideas? thanks

#15 airconphil

airconphil

• New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 November 2022 - 08:18 PM

I assume there is power to the screen that you have proved?

#16 wayne_rob1

wayne_rob1

• Bronze Supporters
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 November 2022 - 10:49 AM

hello
yes all power, I've have checked power to boards ssd, and all ancillaries, monitors come on and display(no output) I had spare ram which hasn't done anything, just no video output or audio. like the system is waitingto start or like the GPU is dead but I'm unsure

#17 wayne_rob1

wayne_rob1

• Bronze Supporters
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 November 2022 - 11:42 AM

so further to before I have done some looking at the led's on the backplane and noke of them come on, and I've read that these are communication leds, so possible backplane failure? no idea 😁

#18 gjinna

gjinna

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 February 2023 - 09:40 PM

sorry to hop on but does anyone have the engineer software to fix the missing machine certificate error

#19 altharic

altharic

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 447 posts

Posted 14 February 2023 - 04:53 PM

This place is deader than a deader thing thats died a death doing dead things you are better asking at DIF - https://www.desertis...uits.com/forum/

or the mecca https://www.fruitemu.co.uk/ib/

#20 wayne_rob1

wayne_rob1

• Bronze Supporters
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 July 2023 - 04:55 PM

Does anyone have any astra gear at all or usb tooling to help restore Nvram missing Cert errors, happy to pay? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users