93 replies to this topic

#41 thecodfather

thecodfather

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 214 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 02:20 PM

Thanks Wizard, 

Finally a real reason to upgrade from Windows 7!

poker

#42 seedyrom

seedyrom

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 01:39 PM

Firstly a big thanks for the latest update of MFME, Cheers Wizard.

Ok, I have taken the plunge, ditched my safety blanket and upgraded to WIndows 10 from WIndows 7. I have run the MFME v19 installer and as with previous installations all has gone well, that is until I go to use v19, basically I am greeted with usual intro and then upon loading a layout the designers splash screen will pop up (no changes so far) but then I simply have the menus at top but a black screen instead of the layout appearing and therefore unable to proceed any further.

It is worth noting the layout can be partially viewed when going into design/edit mode.

I don't believe this to be an emu issue as no one else appears to have experienced this problem.So I am wondering if anyone could suggest what may have occurred when upgrading to Windows 10 as think this may be the problem.

I have updated everything, installed latest drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled v19 and still no joy, funny thing is v6.1 still works a charm!  

Any help is much appreciated. 

#43 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 01:58 PM

Sounds like an issue with your DirectX, I would try running DXDiag.exe and see if it reports anything amiss.

Warning: This post is mostly my own opinions and may contain irony, if you are obsessed with PAST history you may want to ignore it.

#44 seedyrom

seedyrom

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 02:02 PM

Appreciate the suggestion Wizard, just run DXDiag.exe as recommended but all came back as ok.

Maybe completely unrelated but when trying to view a preview image in google via Explorer 11 I am now unable to see anything, again just a black screen??     

#45 fireball125

fireball125

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 02:18 PM

just a quick question guys the release says only runs in windows 10 is this going to only run in windows 10 or will there be another release for other versions of windows? don't know about anyone else but ime not a lover of windows 10 but thanks for all the hard work involved generated so many happy memories for many people ime sure

#46 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 21 July 2019 - 02:35 PM

Sounds like a graphics issue, driver maybe.
Windows driver may not be good for Windows 10 get from official site.
Have you done upgrade of full install?.

Edited by richy1976, 21 July 2019 - 02:36 PM.

#47 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 21 July 2019 - 02:38 PM

Upgrade I see it's says in thread, best to do full install of Windows.

#48 seedyrom

seedyrom

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 03:05 PM

Thanks for the suggestion Richy.

Thing is everything else is working fine and all drivers etc. have been updated. I don't want to go down the road of a clean install as I have all apps/files etc just. where I want them.

I am in no way a computer wiz but I'm sure this is something simple and I am just overlooking it, after all v19 has installed and everything seems to be working with it except for not being able to view proceedings grrrrr!  

#49 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 03:08 PM

Appreciate the suggestion Wizard, just run DXDiag.exe as recommended but all came back as ok.

Maybe completely unrelated but when trying to view a preview image in google via Explorer 11 I am now unable to see anything, again just a black screen??     

I would say that's completely related, it proves it's not a MFME issue.

Warning: This post is mostly my own opinions and may contain irony, if you are obsessed with PAST history you may want to ignore it.

#50 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 21 July 2019 - 03:28 PM

It's a graphics issue the driver installed may have migrated from your Windows 7, try install graphics driver again preferably from official site.
You could also try installing codec software k-lite codec pack is good Google that.

#51 seedyrom

seedyrom

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 04:29 PM

Thanks Wizard/Richy

Re-installed Radeon software/drivers (straight from their site) but still no change:(

Never suspected MFME being at fault (know the homework has been done on this, and never had problems in the past) but as the only other change to be made was installing Windows 10 can only assume their is something I am missing on that front.

Appreciate the assistance guys, will keep looking at other options;) 

#52 shaun2097

shaun2097

• Regulars
  • 993 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 05:19 PM

just a quick question guys the release says only runs in windows 10 is this going to only run in windows 10 or will there be another release for other versions of windows? don't know about anyone else but ime not a lover of windows 10 but thanks for all the hard work involved generated so many happy memories for many people ime sure

no. there is no win7 ver of mfme v19, nor will there ever be one..........time  to upgrade to windows 10.

i was like you up until 18months ago...windows 7 all the way, and i was "never" going to upgrade.....but i took the plunge and installed win 10. i hated it....everything i used to find easy, was now a phaff! so i installed "classic shell" and installed that....it now behaves and looks "almost" the same as windows 7. (and it gets rid of the hidious win10 start menu)

try it, you wont look back.... :)

classic shell can be found here...

http://www.classicshell.net/

and this video may help if you want to check out "classic shell" works.

hope this helps. :)

Edited by shaun2097, 21 July 2019 - 05:20 PM.

Former Fruit Machine Engineer.<br /><br /> 1988-2004.

#53 cashbox1

cashbox1

The furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2553 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 10:53 AM

finally installed w10 onto the old workhorse and im fairly impressed.its taking some getting used to,but only in the way the transition from xp to w7 did.

v19 of mfme.... well what can i say? absolutely amazing ! everything is so much better,machines run at the right speed,the sound seems a lot better,all in all the best,sleekest and smoothest mfme yet. many thanks Chris for your continued developement of the emulator,long may it continue :D

*btw* has anyone got the bell fruit hot dog layout by any chance please

Einstein`s theory of FME 90 downloads = 3 thanks

#54 frig

frig

• Regulars
  • 332 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 12:45 PM

*btw* has anyone got the bell fruit hot dog layout by any chance please

If you mean the electro mechanical one, then yes. 

Attached Files

#55 Rberry1991

Rberry1991

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 04:05 PM

where can you download version 19.4 from as some of the new releases are saying they require this.

#56 CharlieRaymondo

CharlieRaymondo

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • 619 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 04:17 PM

where can you download version 19.4 from as some of the new releases are saying they require this.

You will have to head to desertislandfruits.

#57 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 04:57 PM

You don't download it. Just Click "Check For Updates" in the About Box. oh and then read the Release Thread!

#58 meme3

meme3

SocialDragon368

• Regulars
  • 230 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 05:17 PM

This now supports £100 jackpot machines, but still doesn't support scorpion 6.

#59 Reg

Reg

DONE AND FINISHED

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 697 posts

Donator

Posted 02 September 2019 - 06:24 PM

POPULAR

This now supports £100 jackpot machines, but still doesn't support scorpion 6.

Just be grateful for what you get for NOTHING and if you want Scorpion 6, tell you what go and figure out the encryption and share with the scene as a whole.

It's the selfish attitude that you have that makes me wonder if I actually want you at DIF anymore ?

So do the right thing, stop being a f*****g prick and say sorry and f*****g mean it for this comment to Wizard please for your tireless selfish comments like this and stop behaving like an ungrateful brat.

Edited by Reg, 02 September 2019 - 06:28 PM.

#60 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 06:46 PM

Couldn't have put that better my self, a bit of straight talk. :D

Hold the bells mate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users