• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#1 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 05:53 PM

Having got home from Spain and being totally skint and unable to go out for the next 5 months I made a start on the Fruit Link DX today.

(Re Thread http://www.fruit-emu...read.php?t=7907)

Hmmm as DAD say's there IS a fair amount or redrawing required, but i'm sure it'll be worth it.

Thanks to Bugs 'n' Trouty for the classic i'm using as a base and to Spa via DAD for the art.

Please remember this is in the VERY early stage's (as you can see).....Of course I have had to 'flatten' the reel glass as I think it'll look a little odd to say the least trying to 3D a 2D screen!

Hopefully be done by Summer ;)

The flyer is only there as a guide for me.........too damn lazy to remove it for the thread lol

Attached Files

#2 mythicos

mythicos

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 03:58 AM

good shit.

I was really starting to worry that the fruit-emu dev crew were a mere flash in the pan.

Really nice to see you back, looking forward to this alot mate !

:)
Not to be confused with illiterate f***wipes.

#3 Zoltar

Zoltar

Former Fat Bastard.....

• Gold Supporters
  • 1810 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 07:51 AM

Nice to see you back in the spirit again mate. Been a while fella.

#4 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 08:12 AM

Thank-you gent's....

Spent a good few hours on that yesterday, and several of the 'lamp flash' bits are removed and also the buttons are on, right now i'm trying to redo the JP Symbol.....really enjoying doing this Emu.

One really weird thing though, whilst playing with some lamps I thought i'd see what an alpha would do (as I remember it this dosn't have One)...yet on booting the machine it say's FLC (Fuit Link Club) and on playing gives the Hi Lo etc?

#5 Stu308

Stu308

• New Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 11:11 AM

Brilliant cant wait!! Good luck to you.

#6 mythicos

mythicos

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 04:55 PM

One really weird thing though, whilst playing with some lamps I thought i'd see what an alpha would do (as I remember it this dosn't have One)...yet on booting the machine it say's FLC (Fuit Link Club) and on playing gives the Hi Lo etc?

lmao SHHHHH youll kick off the fairplay campaign again :D
Not to be confused with illiterate f***wipes.

#7 DildoDez

DildoDez

• Regulars
  • 1104 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 06:41 PM

Cooee Im Here

Lmao

#8 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 09:37 PM

lmao SHHHHH youll kick off the fairplay campaign again :D

Oh Shit............Every time I put my foot in it :)

I thought it was created from the TV's 'Most Haunted'!

#9 Pete1

Pete1

• New Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 05:16 PM

Looks like a nice start.
Keep it coming. :thumbs_up:

#10 mocochoco

mocochoco

• Regulars
  • 1380 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 06:26 PM

yeah tis looking tasty Ady...... looking forward to having a go , good luck with it fella.

"The cue tip is the most important thing, give me a broomstick with a good tip on it and il shoot the lights out, then sweep the joint when im done" (Willie Mosconi)

#11 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 06:44 PM

yeah tis looking tasty Ady...... looking forward to having a go , good luck with it fella.

Cheers Moco buddie.....

Spent a fair bit of time so far grabbing bits from here there and everywhere mate, now's the tast of mixing it all together!

It's taking shape'ish at the moment, and the folder is around 45mb with all the trash bit 'n' pieces lol.........

#12 mrgspot

mrgspot

Fancy It Ladies, Oh Yeah

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 08:13 PM

happy to test ade
Posted Image

---------------------------------------------------

"Yippee Ki Ya Kimasabi"..

#13 mocochoco

mocochoco

• Regulars
  • 1380 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 02:35 PM

Cheers Moco buddie.....

Spent a fair bit of time so far grabbing bits from here there and everywhere mate, now's the tast of mixing it all together!

It's taking shape'ish at the moment, and the folder is around 45mb with all the trash bit 'n' pieces lol.........

I know what you mean mate lol...... my WIP folders always have so much crap in them...... thing is i never have the balls to delete anything in them on the (very unlikely) chance that il need something that iv got rid of.
Infact looking back im sure theres been a couple of layouts that iv uploaded with all the crap still in there lol.

glad its going well though, im sure alot of poeple dont understand the work that goes into doing these layouts..... especially ones with dodgy artwork.

"The cue tip is the most important thing, give me a broomstick with a good tip on it and il shoot the lights out, then sweep the joint when im done" (Willie Mosconi)

#14 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 06:18 PM

Just to let you people know this hasn't gone dead..............I must have restarted 10 times now.

I'd like to thank in no order........Pook, Retrofruit, Stuart and Ploggy for the assistance they have given to me in trying to sort this art out and DAD and SPA for supplying the original flyers, thank-you guy's.

I have attached a zip of as far as I have got so far.....as DAD mentioned there is (and has been) a lot of redrawing--cutting 'n' pasting.....

Anyway I hope you can see the 'progress'............a zipped BMP is attached as as well as the JPEG to give the proper look at the WIP.

PS not worked down as far as the buttons yet.

Ady

Attached Files

#15 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 09:34 PM

Any new Barcrest from that era has me coming in my pants....

Oh sorry Ady, too much info....lol
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 12px;'>It's all done in the best possible taste. :bigeyes04:</span></span>

#16 dean smalley

dean smalley

• Regulars
  • 239 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 10:34 AM

what an ecellent machine , good luck and hope to see it soon

#17 fruitymad2003

fruitymad2003

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1964 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 05:18 PM

Looking good Ady. Nice.

#18 jay2

jay2

Boing Boing

• Regulars
  • 706 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 06:44 PM

Another machine from my favored era,looking spot on mate.
Just a pity it's a clubber ;)
What shall i put here?

#19 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 05:55 PM

Not an update as such so please forget the attached pic as thats my working 'mess'!......

I'm just on the scrounge again.

I have browsed all the flyers or pics I have and any bits on the Mecca , DAD's etc but I can't see any of the older buttons.

Redoing isn't a massive problem, but the original's would be an asset....

So please, could anybody post a set of older Barcrest buttons similar to the image below?...i'd really appriciate it.

Thanks

Ady

Attached Files

#20 Dr DX

Dr DX

Daddy To A Little Angel

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1836 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 09:51 AM

Looking good ady, cant you take the writing off and make your own? might save you a lot of hassle looking.

p.s keep up the good work :)
Women are #@#@#@#s....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users