Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Anyone know of a frontend like Hyperspin for MFME?

Best Answer hawkeye448, 17 September 2017 - 01:15 PM

Hi. It is the same as Hyperspin.except you have to create the database XML to make the selection wheel and you cant do that if each fruit machine titles gam  is in its own folder.

I have noticed the new super dooper versions (DX are they?) of fruit machines that run through the new MFMEv5 have totally unique labelling for their gams, the roms etc. I can put those all in one folder and create a database and I have it running.. 

I only have 6 titles. 4 of them are DX, the last 2. and they are the Monty Python ones. Flying circus and Holy Grail are old school and use an identically named file 'rom.hex'.. I cannot put two identically named files in a folder. Windows wont allow it of course. Has to be renamed rom.hex (2).and that wont work.

I couldn't find DX versions of the Pythons but i've not looked too hard to be fair.

Its slightly messy but I can put the contents of one of the Python machines in with the DX's as it will run through MFMEv5 to at least have 5 in the same wheel; list  and I guess the final Python title will have to have its own entry on the Hyperspin wheel.. .

Phew. Been trying to figure this out since March.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 uptown47

uptown47

• Regulars
  • 363 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 05:26 PM

Hi all,

Two quick questions....

Does anyone know if there's a frontend for MFME like Hyperspin or something along those lines ?

Or even if Hyperspin would work?

Would be great to be able to pick which fruity to play from a selection and then 'escape' out of it at the end and pick another to play?

Also, what's the difference between MFME and Project Amber? They both look like they do the same thing on first glance?

I've not really looked into this in detail so these might be stupid questions but I haven't got long on the PC tonight so thought I'd ask.

Cheers :-)

#2 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 05:27 PM

It should work in Hyperspin, I'm pretty sure the old mfme used to.

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#3 uptown47

uptown47

• Regulars
  • 363 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:06 PM

Brilliant fuzion. I'll give it a go and try it. Thanks for letting me know.

Anyone know the answer to my other question, the difference between MFME and Project Amber?

:-)

#4 evo1

evo1

• Regulars
  • 571 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:34 PM

Hi and welcome,i know that some one on here made some decels for the wheels so i know it can be done ( billy c i think)but its a matter of having a xml file for hyperspin to read,if you know about hyperspin you will know what a xml file is,anyways havent got around to this myself yet but here is a few links if it helps

http://www.fruit-emu...perspin-wheels/

http://www.hyperspin...t-machines-xml/

And google also is a very good friend

Dave

#5 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:18 PM

Theres more machines for mfme and amber isnt finished a beta version.

#6 uptown47

uptown47

• Regulars
  • 363 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:47 PM

Dave, Richy,

Thanks for all the info. Will have a go at setting MFME up on Hyperspin.

Great stuff. Will check out P.Amber too just for a look.

#7 FruitBash

FruitBash

Triple 7 Engineer

• Regulars
  • 430 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 01:57 PM

Apparently mGalaxy works wonders as well., Just Google it and I'm sure it will come up. Its the front end that I use for my arcade machine system.

<div><strong>Forum aimed specifically at Barcrest Triple 777 fruit machine</strong> - <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='<a href='http://www.supremeso.../t7/index.php''class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://www.supremeso...a></div></a><br />
<div> </div><br />
<div> </div><br />
<div> </div><br />
<div> </div>

#8 uptown47

uptown47

• Regulars
  • 363 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 02:37 PM

Apparently mGalaxy works wonders as well., Just Google it and I'm sure it will come up. Its the front end that I use for my arcade machine system.

Hi FB, yep that's what I ended up using. You need to install an extra bit of xml to get it to work (this will be updated in the next release so you don't have to) but it does work a treat. Thanks :-)

#9 hawkeye448

hawkeye448

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 12:58 PM

Can anyone offer any guidance is getting this working on Hyperspin?.

I have got it set up but its only launching a portion of the main grey MFME menu and not the fruit machine of choice. It had also launched pub/bar background chatter as well which is cute.

I know theres a thing about sizing causing problems in MFME  but im not sure how to adjust that.

Many thanks.

#10 uptown47

uptown47

• Regulars
  • 363 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:11 AM

Hi Hawkeye,

I ended up using a frontend called mGalaxy which works ok with MFME. You could try that?

I've not managed to set up Hyperspin with MFME.

#11 ritdav

ritdav

• Regulars
  • 389 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 11:55 PM

how do i get it to work in mgalaxy .There doesn't appear to be an option for mfme.

Thanks

#12 ritdav

ritdav

• Regulars
  • 389 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 12:46 AM

managed to sort that.Next question is that i can launch one game.How do i get back to the mgalaxy menu to launch the next game without exiting mfme i.e not having to load a new instance of mfme each time i play another game.

#13 uptown47

uptown47

• Regulars
  • 363 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 09:00 AM

managed to sort that.Next question is that i can launch one game.How do i get back to the mgalaxy menu to launch the next game without exiting mfme i.e not having to load a new instance of mfme each time i play another game.

For me I just mimic pressing "escape" on my cabinet. And then in the Preferences menu on MFME choose an option "Exit on Esc" or something like that.

Hope that helps :)

#14 ritdav

ritdav

• Regulars
  • 389 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:38 PM

Thanks

#15 hawkeye448

hawkeye448

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 08:44 PM

Thanks for your response in July uptown.

Now I've returned to the matter, I've realized that I was treating the individual machines Gam like a rom. Putting it into a rom folder like one would with other emulators.

I gather it has to stay together with the other components

Presuming this mglaxay is similar to the Hyperspin set up, are we really supposed to put all components of many fruit machines in one location to make a database xml?

I've tried with 2 machines. One works and the other has that arcade error siren complaining about the lack of a chip.

#16 hawkeye448

hawkeye448

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 06:14 AM

Ah, upon having a play,  the ID chip error was re the lack of a rom.hex file. The .gam has to exist in the same folder as the rom.hex file .The rom.hex file is unique to the fruit machine title concerned but not unique enough that it gets relabelled slightly.

I would have to have numerous rom.hex files of the same name in one folder and that is not possible, How on earth is this done?

#17 uptown47

uptown47

• Regulars
  • 363 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 12:20 PM

Thanks for your response in July uptown.

Now I've returned to the matter, I've realized that I was treating the individual machines Gam like a rom. Putting it into a rom folder like one would with other emulators.

I gather it has to stay together with the other components

Presuming this mglaxay is similar to the Hyperspin set up, are we really supposed to put all components of many fruit machines in one location to make a database xml?

I've tried with 2 machines. One works and the other has that arcade error siren complaining about the lack of a chip.

Hi Hawkeye,

With mGalaxy I just have a folder that contains lots of sub-folders of all the games.

So, i have a "Games" folder and within that folder I have folders called "Red Hot Poker", "Adders and Ladders" etc 

Each of these folders has all the files needed for that game (the .gam and roms etc).

Then in mGalaxy I just give it the path of my "Games" folder and it automatically traverses the other folders to find all the .gam files and displays them.

So it all just works! I found it very easy to set up.

I haven't a clue how to get MFME working with Hyperspin though?

#18 hawkeye448

hawkeye448

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 01:15 PM   Best Answer

Hi. It is the same as Hyperspin.except you have to create the database XML to make the selection wheel and you cant do that if each fruit machine titles gam  is in its own folder.

I have noticed the new super dooper versions (DX are they?) of fruit machines that run through the new MFMEv5 have totally unique labelling for their gams, the roms etc. I can put those all in one folder and create a database and I have it running.. 

I only have 6 titles. 4 of them are DX, the last 2. and they are the Monty Python ones. Flying circus and Holy Grail are old school and use an identically named file 'rom.hex'.. I cannot put two identically named files in a folder. Windows wont allow it of course. Has to be renamed rom.hex (2).and that wont work.

I couldn't find DX versions of the Pythons but i've not looked too hard to be fair.

Its slightly messy but I can put the contents of one of the Python machines in with the DX's as it will run through MFMEv5 to at least have 5 in the same wheel; list  and I guess the final Python title will have to have its own entry on the Hyperspin wheel.. .

Phew. Been trying to figure this out since March.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users