Electrocoin bar x help please

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 kesman123

kesman123

• New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 08:30 PM

Hi any help regarding this problem will be greatly appreciated.

I have an old bar x fruit machine that i have owned since 2006.I turned it on about 6 months ago and will not work. No credits can be added and the money goes straight threw and back out again. This is a constant issue and has now rendered the machine useless. Could someone please help me find the fault and rectify it. I have attached a link of a video i took of the issue.

Thanks in advance

Kieran

link: https://www.mediafir...iw8puph17ypxled

#2 mabby2000

mabby2000

• Regulars
  • 189 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 10:12 PM

Coin mech might need cleaning....?
Also check to make sure coin mech is plugged in!

#3 kesman123

kesman123

• New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 08:54 AM

Just tried cleaning and plugging back in, makes same noise but has started adding credits randomly now. So i believe this is the problem thanks. i will clean again but if it still does it would you recommend buying a new coin mechanism( is a ME126 seperator module). 

#4 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 04:19 PM

Would you happen to be the chap over in Grimsby that I talked to the other day on Facebook?

#5 kesman123

kesman123

• New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 09:20 PM

No I'm not the guy at Grimsby sorry. Does he have a similar issue?

#6 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 11:19 PM

No I'm not the guy at Grimsby sorry. Does he have a similar issue?

He's got some sort of a related issue on a Red Bar (Uses same running gear as a BAR-X, just a different game ROM), however from what you have described, possible you may have either issues with the mainboard, or the +5v adjustment on the switchmode unit inside the PSU may need turning up a bit..... right now my money is on the +5v adjustment after watching your video.

The switchmode units used, are almost identical to what you find in JAMMA+ games units..... so happens quite a lot of Electrocoins stuff of this era shares a lot with JAMMA+, and you can use an actual JAMMA+ switchmode unit with slight modification as a replacement.

If say you was getting F displayed in the credit window, that can mean something as simple as the system ROMs not 100% sat right in their sockets, so it's just a case of popping them out, and using a strait edge (I use a small metal ruler on mine), put the legs slightaly outwards, so when you put them back in to their respective sockets, you have to ease them in a bit, and they make a tighter contact in the sockets.

Just out of cuiorasity, you got a Chuzzy / MAB board fitted? A chuzzy looks like this (See top of pic)

I'm OK on Electrocoin stuff, but you maybe best contacting BF74 @ MPU Mecca or the Classic Reels Forum for help, if we can not help you here.

Attached Files

Edited by stanmarsh14, 03 June 2015 - 11:26 PM.

#7 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 06:36 AM

The F displayed on start up is just a prom.checksum, this is displayed every time the machine is reset.
Hold the bells mate.

#8 kesman123

kesman123

• New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 06:19 PM

OK thanks everyone for your help. Not much of a wizz with fruit machines just know how to play them. Took the coin mech I town arcade in mabletborpe. He had a look and said that he can see that it is broken so will try and replace that and then let you know

#9 kesman123

kesman123

• New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 06:39 PM

And going by your pic I don't have a chuzzy

#10 kesman123

kesman123

• New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 03:34 PM

Hi sorry took a while but heres a quick update, guy at arcade said to send the coin mech to maggi maggi as they professionally repair these. Sent it to them and got it back with a note saying they have not done anywork to it as it is in perfect working order.

any other ideas what could be wrong with this ( 1.3 in credit window). like i say i know very little about fruit machines. is there any where i could perhaps get a manual.

thanks for everyones help

#11 kesman123

kesman123

• New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 02:54 PM

although now it has stopped saying 1.3 and instead just makes a beeping noise.... same as in video

#12 fruitman69

fruitman69

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 04:03 PM

Would deffo change the PSU

Follow us on facebook http://www.facebook....131728946893342
www.reelsoffun.co.uk

#13 kesman123

kesman123

• New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 09:24 AM

ok thanks will look for one to replace mine with, phoned electrocoin yesterday and the bloke listened to noise and said he has never heard this bleeping noise and hes worked there for 30 years. What he said was is could be psu, motherboard or front door switch. so will probs try door switch and work my way from there with psu next.

#14 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 05:50 PM

That beeping noise is telling you one of the doors is open,try swapping out the door switch or make sure they are connected up to the right spades.

Hold the bells mate.

#15 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 05:52 PM

When you phoned electrocoin did you tell em it had a chuzzy fitted/mab board? if not that will be why they have never heard it beep like that,as when the door is open on and electroin software machine it only beeps now and then unless the bottom door is open as well.

Hold the bells mate.

#16 kesman123

kesman123

• New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 07:13 PM

tried the door switch with a new one, it now beeps and flashes cash in bank window. 

#17 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 02:06 PM

sorry im late on board with this one. the erros displayed are not in any way connected with the coin mech,

error 1.3 is most probably a software error and needs to be reset, ive just walked over to Electrocoin and this is what JS just said to me -

1. turn the machine off and switch dipswitch 8 to the ON position

2. turn the machine on - a reset noise and F is displayed

3. now turn the machine OFF and put the switch setting 8 back to off.

4. you can now turn the machine on and have performed a factory reset.

if your still having trouble i suggest a new PSU if your not technically minded, send off to maggi maggi for an advanced replacement.

Edited by nails, 23 November 2015 - 02:07 PM.

#18 kesman123

kesman123

• New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 02:19 PM

im not technically minded unfortunately, where can i find the dip switches.

thanks for your reply already though 

#19 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 04:10 PM

Attached File  DIPswitches.jpg   97.24KB   1 downloads

their on the main board, the mother board is huge, you cannot miss it!

#20 kesman123

kesman123

• New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 10:11 PM

found the switch although it was already switched in the on position, tried what you said anyway but still the same problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users