Photo
- - - - -

Project Amber 2 - Voting Thread.

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Poll: Project Amber 2 - Voting Thread. (34 member(s) have cast votes)

Would You Rather

1. Just wait until Friday for a polished video and blurb (14 votes [41.18%])

Percentage of vote: 41.18%

2. I post some screenshots and a short video of where I am at, with a full video on Friday (19 votes [55.88%])

Percentage of vote: 55.88%

3. I just do it all today, in a very much unfinished state. (1 votes [2.94%])

Percentage of vote: 2.94%

4. Something else (post in comments) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 05:37 PM

Yes, yes, yes I know, I'm an asshole, but the video is not ready as I've hit a few snags. Rather than just say lets move it to Friday I will give the scene the choice...

Votes will be counted at 10PM

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#2 spa

spa

Layout Designer

• Moderators
  • 2494 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 05:56 PM

Box number 2 for me :)

http://www.youtube.com/FruitVideos - My youtube channel

https://drive.google...R3ZTMTBIQTdwWUU- My Drive

#3 slasherx2

slasherx2

• Regulars
  • 116 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 07:41 PM

Eh, what's a few more days? At the end of the day it's your program and you have a life too. People should respect that.

#4 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 07:43 PM

Nothing you ca do about running into snags.
Hold the bells mate.

#5 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 18 March 2015 - 08:03 PM

it,ll be here when its here, no jobs good half done.

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#6 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 19 March 2015 - 08:23 AM

So I read option 2 as meaning after 10pm a unfinished video would be posted with a few screenshots.  Then on Friday when it's completed a full video would be posted.  Is this correct?  So the idea of giving the 'scene' a choice was for what reason? ;)

#7 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:30 PM

Here's one of the early tests, and yes, I am aware its the wrong reel.

Attached Files

#8 niallquinn

niallquinn

• Contributor
  • 723 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:39 PM

Oooo, ya bugger.  A DX of Big 50.  One of my top 5 machines of all time.  50 hidden features, it was great at the time.

NQ.

#9 chris1

chris1

• Regulars
  • 86 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 02:04 PM

wow thanks for video i had this machine back in the day good game 

#10 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 05:20 PM

Oooo, ya bugger.  A DX of Big 50.  One of my top 5 machines of all time.  50 hidden features, it was great at the time.

NQ.

I beg to differ...

Also some not very succesfull lamping tests, and a later look at the arcade interior (so far).

Attached Files

#11 robinhood75

robinhood75

medieval mentalist

• Gold Supporters
  • 562 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 05:35 PM

Here's one of the early tests, and yes, I am aware its the wrong reel.

Well after working with you through amber 1.0 and seeing this I am impressed, actually I am dam impressed. I can have a 3D arcade full of my old time favourite machines and can zoom in and look behind the reels walk around and go on the next machine. Dam wished I put my name forward now. Nick you still using that old msn/skype account I spoke to you on before?   

Whats the main difference between the coding of this one and your last one? I am guessing you have or are using a different engine to power this? 

What's yours is yours and what's hers is yours

#12 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 19 March 2015 - 05:45 PM

now that is awesome god we need to be good at dx'ing them,  thanks for sharing this taster for us is this the actual video or is there more on Friday??

love the 3D arcade I take it, you could fill the room up with loads of your favs/

if this is the online arcade could you go a step further and have sims- mii's of the actual players so I could be playing say cashcounter and you guitar could be standing next to me playing say big50 but have different characters as faces. back to this jpm machine again it looks bloody brilliant every detail right down to the little rivet thingy's on the reel bands. If this takes off this WILL revolutionise FME as we know it.

Have you got some kind of time scale for the complete emulation / arcade/ online roughly" give or take a year lol.  

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#13 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 05:55 PM

...bloody brilliant every detail right down to the little rivet thingy's on the reel bands.

Like this?

Attached Files

#14 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 06:12 PM

Player avatars are already on the to-do list, though they are a fair way down said list.

I did a bit of a ramble about stuff for the future in a thread at dads, if someone has the time to copy it across here then it should answer a lot of things.

Timescale at present is its done when its done. Though the front end (editor, graphics, menus, server stuff, etc) is separate from the back end (CPU cores and emulation goodies). The emulation cores all follow (or will do) a standard interface format, so once the editor works for one, it works for all. So as soon as the front end is stable enough to attempt a release, then that's when there will be an initial release. Techs will then be added as and when each tech is ready. The only guarantee's at this stage is IMPACT, and MPU4, as they are already written. What else is there depends largely on random events hurled at me via the passage of time. Realistically probably August at the very earliest, so pencil Christmas in as a good bet.

The server will go in in 2 halves. 1 as part of the menu system, then, 2, the server itself. It depends how I feel when I get that far. The menu systems are a bit of a pain to do, though I have some distinct advantages using c++. I would think, start with the Christmas after this one, and you might just get it early. It's done when its done really, a lot can happen between now and then. If I win the lottery expect it all in about a month, cos I'll just buy a software house to do it for me. And then of course there's that other sort of luck, that I attract the most, so who knows really.

Hopefully sooner than we all think.

I'm still learning how to do some stuff with DirectX so it really depends on how well I do at learning stuff quickly.

Some people really need to learn 3D modelling though, its a doddle if you get the right software and there are thousands of youtube tutorials for whichever design package you use. Just make sure it can export a .obj file in some way.

#15 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 08:00 PM

Not read any of the above, therefore i'm being totally unbiased here!

I think too many people are rushing you and making you make promises on the work you are doing.

Mabey i'm wrong, if I am or i'm not it won't alter anything.

To date (sorry to say) I haven't loaded Amber, I found it too time consuming....it was too resource draining on my little home built PC and I just gave-up :(

I think you should just sit back mate, you are doing what only a mere percentage of FME folks are doing....

When you have it sussed then just WHAM the scene, if you set a date then it's never going to work out bud!

#16 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 08:13 PM

Yeah what's another 10 years between friends. :D
Hold the bells mate.

#17 mortalwombat

mortalwombat

• Regulars
  • 169 posts

Donator

Posted 20 March 2015 - 04:11 PM

The work you have done so far Guitar is absolutely outstanding , i tip my hat to you sir.

I look forward to the full video today? hope its a long one as ive got nothing to watch tonight lol.

Thanks again to a true master i salute you.

#18 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 07:03 PM

There's not much more to see, I've uploaded some short clips.

I really wanted to do a video of a finished machine but hard coding the lamps is proving to be a bind. So I am scrapping the video for now in favour of getting the framework of the front end in. I've proved I can do what needs to be done graphically speaking. I need some edit tools, so I need to be able to get to the edit tools, so I need menus.

I'll do most of the development at DadsFme, when it gets nearer the time I'll post more progress shots, but there wont be much to see for a while as the framework is a lot of code and not much visual stuff.

#19 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 07:21 PM

The final video, feel free to upload to youtube or share on other forums etc..

Its not what I wanted it to be but it's exactly where I am up to.

I need some edit tools to edit the lamps on the fly, hard coding them is difficult as the emu has a 35 second load time, so changing something, reload, see where it is, etc etc is getting tedious.

Attached Files

#20 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 07:22 PM

wow, the video/quality looked very reminiscent of the killcrazy/epoch video.

except yours appears to be real!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users